Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Coen Brothers doing a horror movie would be interesting.

Quentin Tarantino never actually directed a horror movie unless you count Death Proof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Watched 1985, really enjoyed it. At first I was upset because the first segment just ends and I liked the direction it was going, but then it follows up on it. I'm also glad they seem to have given up on doing an actual framing story, they were usually the weakest part of the V/H/S films.

Tron was the first film to make heavy use of CGI.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 7, 2023

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Its not good. Its really bogged down by a complicated backstory for the protagonist when it would have been better off with them just being a normal person dealing with poo poo they aren't paid nearly well enough for. Its pretty clear the creator of FNAF wanted to shove in as much deep lore as possible into the film. The PG-13 rating isn't doing any favors. I will say the suits look really good though.

The two rip-off films Banana Split and Willy's Wonderland while not good both pull of the concept better.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Levantine posted:

I like David Cronenberg but Brandon's stuff isn't for me. It's not that he's bad at what he does but I just do not vibe with his output. We watched Infinity Pool over the weekend and it just didn't do much for me at all. I think maybe the movie was too smart for me or something but I was really just glad when it was over. Mia Goth was pretty great but that goes without saying.

I feel like the concept could have been done in like 45 minutes and much more effectively.

Nikumatic posted:

When Shudder’s Creepshow anthology first launched my partner was incredibly nonplussed by the first episode so we never ended up watching anymore. Until I needled them a few days ago because they were lamenting about not having something new like Tales from the Crypt to watch and I brought up that we had never given it another shot. Anyway now we’ve binged the entire series and the specials and it rules that is all.

Yeah, the first season isn't that great, but other than that its pretty good. Although its funny how obvious it is that they had an episode with a guy obsessed about Horror Express because that is the movie they could get the rights to.