Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Some horror movies I saw recently:
Bodies Bodies Bodies
Basically You're Next or Ready or Not for teens (guy/girl brings his/her girlfriend to a gathering where it's revealed that no one really likes each other and people end up dead). It has this rep as this big satire of woke culture but not only did I not really find that satire that biting, it actively hurts the movie. The movie literally pauses so that everyone can criticize each other for not being woke enough before the killing can resume. Good, but kinda overrated.
Evil Dead Rise
Love that title sequence. The tour of deadly instruments that promises mutilation (scissors, soldering gun, wood chipper, a staff with a doll's head) was fun. It also answers the question of "why doesn't the supernatural entity just kill the protagonist" with the preacher's speech about how the demon doesn't care about weather or not anyone dies, all it wants is chaos. Lots of blood and laughs to be had with this movie.
Escape Room and Escape Room 2: Tournament of Champions

Probably two of the dumbest movies I've seen recently but it's saved by some really good set design and the fact that you can never really trust the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Images such as GIFS and MEMES that show Gore is fine

Images that show nudity or any type of sexual act must be spoilered and labeled :nws:

As the saying goes, you can show a woman being killed but she can't be naked.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

What's everyone's comfort horror? I'm going through some rough stuff medically right now and I've been rewatching all the Corman Poe movies. The whole vibe of these movies just makes me feel good.

Army of Darkness-

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Do we know it's her real voice and not just an elaborate prank?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Halloween Ends
Spends waay too much runtime on weird relationship drama. Honestly more of a rom-com than a horro movie.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Watched the new Hellraiser movie...and it's not awful? It's actually good despite David S. Goyer's best efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Watched Talk To Me and it's overwhelmingly...okay. Feels more Blumhouse that A24. It's pretty much carried by Sophie Wilde's performance and the ending is pretty good too.