Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The Evil Dead was foggier than I remembered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The future? No, we need to go in the other direction: Jason vs. the Argonauts

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Across the Chuckiverse

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Shrecknet posted:

just reminded me of the shudder exclusive Are We Not Cats? which is basically a slow burn romantic drama until the last ten minutes when it turn into the most hosed up body horror this side of Cronenberg.

CW:Pica

Oh man that movie was great. I spent the whole of the climax assuming that it was all some sort of hallucination, and then had the steady realisation that no, this is supposed to really be happening.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Open Source Idiom posted:

I went to a screening of Talk To Me that was mostly a bunch of heckling from dickheads, and one dude who was scrolling IKEA's online catalogue on his very bright iPhone.

Maybe he thought he could buy one of them hands

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Punkin Spunkin posted:

kinda settling into Neolib Zahler territory

I'm currently catching up on the thread and this is a phrase that's gonna stick with me a while

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
No bug-centric movie has ever gotten to me quite like the bug-pit scene from Jackson's King Kong.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Jason: "This is crazy! These kids are all having sex! I have to document what's going on here, people have to know"

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
They're remaking The Crow? All I got to say is NEVERMORE

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I should probably watch The Crow

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I managed to catch You'll Never Find Me at the movies. Good little flick. It reminded me quite a bit of A Wounded Fawn, which I saw last year, but this was a better execution of the idea. It holds onto the appearance of reality for longer, and does some cool things with the audience's point of view. It doesn't have that lush, grainy look of Fawn, which was that movie's best feature, but it's still decent visually. Extremely dark without being being muddy or incoherent. The movie has this relentless, overpowering atmosphere, and fantastic sound design. The thunder sort of merges with the man's voice, the lightning always seems to sync up with peoples' movements, there's this awful screaming you half-hear in the wind. Just a great tension piece.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Kvlt! posted:

an identity politics themed Australian horror comedy might be the most niche request i have ever seen and now im on the hunt to find one

I'm a week late, but Sissy (2022) is the nearest thing I've seen. Worked better as a horror movie than a social commentary.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Dead Space isn't horror, because I enjoy playing it, and I normally get way too stressed out by horror games

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I saw The First Omen.

Loved it. LOVED it. Honestly, I'd put it above the original, but to be fair I've never rated that movie very highly. It's a really beautiful flick, lots of warm light and deep shadows and symmetry. And there are some excellent spooks; that scene in the Bad Room is really sticking with me. Nell Tiger Free was very good, and it's been a while since I've seen Ralph in a sympathetic role, he really nailed it. I wasn't able to make a double feature with Immaculate, that'll have to wait til later this week.

If you were wondering, yes it's a direct prequel to The Omen, and the ending rather limply sets up a sequel/remake. I don't think there really needs to be anything more, but I wouldn't mind spending some more time with the characters.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
i have no interest in another terrifier, but art is subjective after all

ed - wrong word

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm like 20 minutes into The Toxic Avenger - is Shudder's copy hosed up, or is the movie's audio just like that?