Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what was the name of that sci fi horror that came out a few years ago or last year and i thought it was a movie by one of the dudes who did Resolution/Endless but I checked out all their movies and it wasnt it but it was called like in the dirt or something in the dirt (its not something in the dirt tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Suitable Flesh a lot of fun a lot of gore a lot of Barbara Crampton its got all the good stuff

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Watched the Outwaters and I think I found my new favorite asmr movie.

watch leviathan (2012)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

not sure why they cropped me out of the photo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, it's been decades, but wasn't Faces of Death mostly staged while Traces of Death was the one where the majority of the footage was real? I remember that's how I originally saw the R. Budd Dwyer video before the internet.

correct. Faces had some real some fake, mostly fake. Traces is all real.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

His story is she did it carelessly but probably accidentally, but when he said something next take she did it again, hard enough he had a concussion, but then also made fun of him while he was pooping and then he got fired.

If it's true I am surprised she's getting off so lightly. Concussions are no joke, if it was done on purpose that's a pretty serious assault on a person.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

*starts chanting Anchor Bay in the same way that you would chant 'one more beer' to a friend who has been drinking exclusively garbage beer and is absolutely hammered but you're going to get him in a bad situation anyway*

THIS IS AWE-SOME

HO-LY poo poo

EE SEE DUB

ANK ORR BAY

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Is Anchor Bay ECW, because I'm sorta thinking they're more CZW.

This comment is how I just learned the CZW champ is loving Rich Swann?!

Toetag would be CZW: best in the edgy poo poo they did back in the day, virtually nonexistant but technically still around now

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Naked Man Punch posted:

VHS cover art question:

Usually my memory for this stuff is good, but drat if this one isn't annoying me. I cannot recall the movie name to look it up and put it in a queue.

The VHS cover (maybe poster art as well) showed a photo(?) of large office building at twilight, with windows lit up in the shape of a human skull. It would be a mid-to-late '70s to mid-to-late '80s movie, maybe Canadian, and may include the words "Hell," "Hospital," or "Hotel."

Google searches are stumped so far, but I know I saw it up on Netflix a few years ago and in video stores as a kid. Any idea(s)?

Visiting Hours (82)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

I went to a CZW Tournament of Death once. It was pretty wild, a completely insane indie wrestler named Necro Butcher won so that probably tells you all you need to know.

which one i have em all on dvd i wonder if i can find you in the crowd lol

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

besides the Nick Gage TOD artery wound, I think the bloodiest wrestling match in terms of volume was prob when Eddie Guerrero bladed too deep against JBL and wrestled another like 5 min losing like 1/3 of his blood

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

RZ’s Munsters kicks rear end

HELL YEAH!!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Having a long line/hours is no excuse to be curt/cold when you are LITERALLY being paid to be nice to people excited to meet you. Its like getting hired to write a script then complaining you have to write.

(yeah gently caress you Tom Savini, 15 year old me remembers you bein a dick!)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Which is about ten pegs below American friendly (which is very intense and off-putting).

come to Massachusetts we will prove you wrong

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'll probably be there in March.

Still expecting even the most hostile American to be several times friendlier than the most friendly (sober) Scandinavian

hell yeah hmu ill buy ya a beer!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Jedit posted:

I'm sure I've seen that on the tourist posters.

(And welcome back, it's good to see you again.)

thank you love you <3

i saw Poor Things and didnt really "get it". I'm normally a big fan of "All style no substance" movies, and the style is GORGEOUS, just a strange stunning piece of cinematography/costuming/filmmaking. The script seemed like it could, (and friends I use this term in its actual, non-inflated sense) LITERALLY have been written by a middle schooler. I would've believed the script was AI generated except AI could probably do better*.

Highly reccomend to turn it on, mute it, and put on a good album of your choice tho

*Willem DaFoe is perfect and exempt from any and all criticism in this and all his movies

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

creed

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

With arms wide open?

my fav is one last breath

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Repo with Jude Law owns and will prob one day be like the simpsons where its scarily accurate about the future

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Hatewatching a movie you know you already don't like is bad for your skin!

dont worry thats why i wear someone elses when i watch horror movies

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

me to my friends and family: You need to see this hilarious scene where this hosed up blob creature with boobs on it's head cries about being genetically modified to a point where no one even remembers what it even was, and it's pleading for help

stupid hot topic people: LOL I LIKE TACOS LOL WEEEE DANCE AND PIGS!

*in a Homer Simpson talking to Milhouses Dad about the racecar bed voice*

I watched this show as a kid and thought it was funny

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

tv static and empty walls do not scare me i am immune to analog horror

internet horror just walk away from the drat puter

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Here you go! The directions may be about wrestling but they can be used as a guide to making your own magic TV box. And it's amazing for horror, as expected.

EDIT: I'm especially fond of how black-and-white shows look.

i do not have the tech knowledge/handiness to build this but Lord i would spend every penny i have to buy one of these that streamed old ECW/Nitro/Raw/territories stuff

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

do you guys think doomsday bunker builders are scared of home invasion movies or are they like "nah thatd never happen to me"

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

my bunker is for chillin not for doomsday

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

dorium posted:

I'm building a doomsday bunker, but purely just entertainment.

u wanna come have a movie night in my bunker

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Hey let's have a movie night in my bunker. That? Oh that's just my complete Guinea Pig collection.

literally me

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its the apocalypse you havent seen entertainment in years you find an abandoned bunker and a working VCR and boom its Mermaid in a Manhole

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

gently caress a bunker. I hope my rear end gets vaporized or eaten by zombies in my sleep. I'd rather just check out than live through the suck rear end post apocalypse.

sorry you suck at apocalypsing but im different

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what in the hell is the wonka experience

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Some con artists advertised a "Willy Wonka Experience" for kids that appeared(based on the ads) to be like an amusement park type thing with different games and of course all sorts of candy and Wonka-related stuff.

So they charged people a bunch of money for tickets and then when they showed up it was basically like some throw together half-assed thing that took place in a nondescript warehouse. The parents were pissed off so they posted about it on social media and it went viral.

thats kinda hilarious LMAO but i do feel bad for those kids that sucks :/

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

I never really expected anything else, but yes it looks extremely lovely. The girl that played Sarah in the original emerged out from the rock she's been hiding under since that movie came out to talk about how lovely and disrespectful this looks.

yeah i mean the sequels suck but idrc bc theyre seperate stories, i feel retelling the original Crow story, even if its a reboot, is disrespectful to Brandon

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i think its doomed bc nobody will ever be as good as Brandon and a lot of people are going to go into it wanting to dislike it.

Its also just unnescescary, especially in a market saturated with reboots already

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

also may the good Lord help me but my fellow posters I must admit publicly what i know in my heart to be true:

Godzilla Minus One > Shin Godzilla

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the actress they cast to play shelley has...2 film roles on her imdb page?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I, of all fuckin people, need movie recs for my girlfriend. Ultra-specific asks incoming:

She loves extreme gore, but hates low budget/bad acting. By "bad acting" I think she means just low budget/low production value. She has no problem with found footage stuff but I think when you're trying to film it like a movie and it doesn't have high production value she hates that. Some movies she's liked and some she hasn't liked:

Liked:

August Underground 1/2/3
Atroz
Guinea Pig 2 (she was less impressed with them as they went on, she hated Mermaid in a Manhole because it was "too silly")
Murder Collection V.1
Der Todesking
29 Needles
Flesh Eater X

Things she DIDN'T like:
American Guinea Pig: Song of Solomon (she liked the gore scenes but the acting ruined it for her she said)
The later/goofier guinea pig movies
Basically any of the old school gore stuff like Zombi, Braindead, Cannibal Holocaust, etc.
Anything "goopy", or silly, like Street Trash.

She is also NOT interested in anything that is real and not faked, so stuff like Traces of Death is off the table, including stuff like the Bunny Game where it's "consensual" but real

I am truly out of ideas as to what other faux-found footage extreme horror there is at this point.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

I mean I think if you yourself are scraping the bottom of that particular barrel then there may not be many posters here who can help. Normally you'd be the one to go to for help on that subject.

I assume she's seen stuff like High Tension and Martyrs?

Yeah thats what I thought too. She's either seen everything "mainstream" like HT or Martyrs, and shes already worked through everything in my collection so I think this is a case of "she likes a niche and has just exhausted it"

ty for all the help anyway everyone!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

I was gonna suggest the actual dead folks trinity of Orozco the Embalmer, The Act of Seeing With One's Own Eyes, and De Humanis Corpori Fabrica before this but ok, off the table. That said I know you've seen Orozco but if you haven't watched the other two you should

Ive seen them all except the last one but im also finishing my funeral directing/embalming apprenticeship and studying for my license so after work the last thing I wanna see is more irl bodies and she doesnt wanna see irl stuff at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i had no idea there was a new goosebumps woth justin long talk about HYPED