Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
It made Phantasm V look better by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Class3KillStorm posted:

Finally got around to getting some frames for some of those posters that Shout Factory sent me. Now I just have to figure out a place to hang 'em in my new place.

Just need four more Candyman posters then hang them all near the bathroom mirror.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I would definitely put Bliss on the top of that watch list and just skip Worlds Fair entirely.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
The Mist UHD that came out recently has the black and white cut.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Doltos posted:

When Evil Lurks is HEAVY but features the worst trope in horror: main character warning everyone and everyone just refusing to listen no matter what even if it logically makes sense that they should

I'm watching this part right now and also this kid is just watching like an idiot while the dog mauls his sister to death seriously no human would act like these people its infuriating.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
No 44 t-shirt? Sad.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I wouldn't say its bad, its fairly well made, but its completely joyless and boring. Willys Wonderland is fun at least and Cage was awesome.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I'm gonna buy some red clown noses and just roll them randomly around corners

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Nothing about "WHY ARE THERE NAKED OLD PEOPLE HERE??" they clearly didn't watch the whole film.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I couldn't finish The Tower, seems like after the initial rush of finding out they were stuck in a matter eating death cube and trying to escape they just accepted the situation and it became a poor man's Aniara.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
There was an animated version of GYO though I've never seen it.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

Saw the recent Candyman. There's some cool stuff in there, and it looks pretty good (not amazing, but pretty good)... but that editing was for absolute poo poo.

It felt like the final version kept half heartedly dipping into a subplot about the girlfriend and her relationship with her dad (and maybe something spooky there I dunno) but nothing there was particularly developed. There's this one bit where the film just randomly cuts away from scenes with the main dude to have a literal two second shot of her chilling on a train and then it cuts back to the main guy.

Am I missing something there, or is it just a bit wonky?

There was a lot wrong with that movie, it was dire.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I was surprised only like one person had Cobweb in their top films. Maybe had that "feels like two different films" thing going on but I thought both were great. First part slow and creepy and really kept you guessing then second part gently caress that and let's bring in a bunch of mooks to murder the hell out of.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I wish they had done more with the dead people doing a reverse Talk to Me that was the most interesting idea in the movie but they reduced it to some throwaway that was over and done in seconds.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Just wait till they introduce Herr Starr.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Rina Sawayama had her first movie role in John Wick 4 haven't seen it but heard she was good.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if i were to do a aliens what if it would be... what if alien resurrection was good

They should have just adapted it completely into Aliens: Labyrinth considering it seemed it was loosely lifted from the material with Dourif as the Dr. Crespi stand in.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I was thinking that after her head explodes and she kills everyone that she would call Jack over and have an actual interview with the Devil. The ending we got was pretty good but stabbing the girl when he thought it was his wife was a little too predictable for me.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

glitchwraith posted:

I did figure out where that was going part way through the scene, though I'm confused why he ended up stabbing Lily, other than everyone else being dead or gone. Why would the demon manipulate Jack into destroying his only connection to our world? Unless the third act was actually a state of shock, and the only way Jack could carry through with what had to be done to defeat the demon. Or maybe he'll be the new host, if they try to get a sequel out of this.

When they were talking about the satanic cult they said the women were being bred to create child sacrifices so Lily was intended to be a sacrifice but the cult was killed before that could happen. Though it seemed that the demon probably killed the cult dudes. I guess it's not as fun when it's being done voluntarily.

TheMopeSquad fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 27, 2024

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
gently caress yeah I hope it will be in a theater near me. Mandy was too far away.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I liked the part where Carla Gugino was acting like a monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Medullah posted:

I am a sucker for Ghost movies so Hill House was very much my jam.

I am so goddamn desensitized to horror nothing affects me, but the bent neck lady reveal legit gave me nightmares and I was so happy to wake up with my heart beating.

Bly had a better overall story but Hill House remains my favorite of his series and it's not even close.

That episode was devastating.