Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hail to the king.

I’m saving this if my house catches on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Starring 2023 Leonardo DiCaprio

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shrecknet posted:

who is a non-horror director who you'd like to see take on a horror project? Spielberg released two all-timers in a row with Duel and Jaws, then retreated to family fare and only toe-dipped with War of the World's later. Would love to see the King of Blocking take on a Werewolf movie

Jody Hill

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Quote-Unquote posted:

Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy discuss their lives together as they crawl through the digestive tract and are slowly dissolving in the bowels of an eldritch horror that ate them after they accidentally summoned it due to a particularly fierce marital spat.

Richard Linklater's Before Digestion.

This would hands down be the scariest movie ever made to me and I would never watch it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

For hangout horror always go for gore fest or horror comedy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BrownPepper posted:

I tried to casually steer us towards Return of the Living Dead.. We did end watching the new Hellraiser which I liked well enough but thought was a little too glossy with both the characters and the cenobites.

Edit: Not complaining- staying up late watching scary movies with your friends is the best and I appreciate it a lot more when I get to do it these days.

I love it too but it’s so hard to find the right movie for the crowd.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The nah

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

alf_pogs posted:

breezed on into The Girl Next Door on a casual thursday night. don't make my mistake, that movie was absolutely hosed up

timothy olyphant is scary

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t know what the other movie is so it’s funnier to me that y’all getting spooked by the Elisha Cuthbert sex comedy

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That kid is ty simpkins who was in Iron Man 3 and Jurassic world.

I had no idea he was in the original insidious’

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Deadite posted:

Yeah knowing about the real Warrens has put me off of ever watching those movies

Fake warrens kind of own though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

It doesn't even have corn.

it has a big corn monster

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just don’t like the guy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Devil made me do it is hilarious and awful. The end redeemed it into pure schlock but I’ll never rewatch it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

New short film! Hopefully you dig it. It’s a bit ambitious in places but idk. It was fun to make and it cost 200 bucks.

Soon it’ll be feature timehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BShLFrbXd8… 😈😈😈

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You got it there with the first paragraph! Thankfully!

As for the second, that’s fair! Won’t at all lie and say the last half we were running late and we stopped with the plan and just ran with it lol. That part was a little bit more extended but I ended up snapping a lot out of it. So that’s a fair issue.

There were two van guys and a little more fighting happens but lol.

But thank you guys so much!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

We shot for 5 days. First two days were supposed to nail it but we kinda ran slower than I wanted and had to end it early because people had lives lol. So those days were like 12 hours total. Add in another 4 for the next day, and then a whopping 11 for the big day and 5 for the last day around 34 hours I guess.

Overall fun, some issues but mostly it was like “hey let’s make a fun thing” instead of “oh gently caress I put so much money into this we need it to be perfect”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was a weird storytelling thing. I was trying some ideas and trying to go a bit deeper with my work than usual.

Glad it’s more or less working. But I learned a lot so next time I can do these ideas a bit stronger! That’s the fun of doing no budget stuff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And the reason it was 200 is because I had everything lol. I had the alien suit left over from Alienated. The alien head was the reshoot hybrid’s head as well, and I ripped off all that and sculpted over it.

So I only had to buy some extra texture, foam, and foam clay to finish it. That all cost about like 30 bucks lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thank you all for the kind words 😌

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Get Annabelle out and put in PG

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She was an incredibly fun deadite. I gotta imagine that’s one of the more fun things to play.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’ll be out in the us a month later

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had a hard time thinking of a comfort horror. Its not that I cant find horror chill, its just when i want to veg out I throw on like Always Sunny, or the Office, or something i can just white noise my brain to chill.

But I do have some horror films I always throw on when I see em. The best one though for me is Red Eye. I loving love that movie, and whenever I see it on any streaming service I throw it on immediately. I love the vibe, and the tension. And American Psycho. It cracks me up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You don’t need to go backwards in this thread

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That sounds about right for those kinds of ghouls.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Creep is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen wow. pretty much every movie in that first two rows of best of Netflix are unwatchable. it follows was good. i will stick with goon recs.

edit—oh my GOD this poo poo had 90% on RT?!
spoilers follow. the android app lets you click a button and immediately add spoiler tags and images iOS users are being robbed.
there’s a scene where you think the movie is throwing you a curveball and it doesn’t, then it continues to play out incredibly linearly and predictably. nothing but jump scares to pay off the forever shots.

Creep kicks rear end

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like to say harrah movie

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Unironically show them terrifer 2.

It’s so much fun

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Invader Zim Halloween special is the best of all time

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Here’s a gimme for death by falling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvlsMhpmBXE

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol that person on the thumbnail :pwn:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would like to start streaming random movies on the cined server sometime. I might start with this

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

he likes to make people suffer but his body count is pretty open in 2 and he never kills anyone for their gender.

I love art.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

art coming back with salt and bleach to rub on exposed flesh is the funniest joke of 2022

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think theres a difference between women victims and victims because they're women.

And the reason for me is that, well, you make a movie you want to have a cast that isn't just straight white guys. Right? But if you're making a slasher, you have to have the kills. And because the genre is about the excess, you want to go big. So if the issue is he cast a lot of women and kills them brutally, this is bad. But if he just makes them all white and straight, this is ok...which I guess but then you're just making more white movies lol.

To me the second one is just so over the top that it's just a straight comedy. None of the women are terrible or deserve to die. they all have a little bit to them, which maybe is a bit of a detriment because the film is so drat long. But you can tell he went okay, people thought this about the first, so let me just give them a little something before they die.

Even the mom who is sorta played as the mean, angry mom, is kind of funny and fun and honestly right, and does get a really nice sweet moment right before she dies.

No one in the film gets what they deserve, which is interesting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

it reminds me of people calling halloween kills and michael myers homophobic and racist because he killed poc and gay people...but its like...david gordon green tends to cast decently diverse. They were just rhe characters that died.

Its not like puppet master whatever where the villains explicitly attack and kill minorities.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m not going to say terrifer 2 is an exceptionally written script with very well rounded characters

But he does try. He tries put something in most of the main girls that isn’t just meat to be displayed with nudity and blood.

I’m actually not sure if there is much nudity besides a few scenes but i think those scenes were the main character who has a ton of work put into her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also who doesn’t want to be in a slasher and get a great death. The bts scene for the big t2 murder everyone is having a decent time despite being in a cold lovely basement in the middle of a pandemic lmao