Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

CelticPredator posted:

New short film! Hopefully you dig it. It’s a bit ambitious in places but idk. It was fun to make and it cost 200 bucks.

Soon it’ll be feature timehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BShLFrbXd8… 😈😈😈

This was great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Been thinking a lot about Demon Knight lately and how I want to watch it again. Maybe show her Demon Knight.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I liked Influencer but man I sure mixed it up with another movie. I saw a trailer for something that featured a kidnapped youtuber in a cage with a scary man saying "YOU MUST GET 1000 LIKES IN ONE HOUR". Whatever it was, it sure wasn't Influencer

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Bogus Adventure posted:

Maybe you're thinking of Funhouse? It's a cheesy film about influencers having to survive to win that I thought was a Squid Game ripoff, but it turns out it was actually released before it (lol)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6852534/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v-EvPnOGxE

Nope, turns out it was this movie, haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7dofHBCfzo

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

cake bunny posted:

Top Row: It (Pennywise), Children of the Corn (Issac), The Shawshank Redemption (Andy Dufresne), The Dead Zone (Johnny Smith) , Pet Sematary (Victor Pascow and Church)
2nd Row: The Mist (Norm and tentacle monster), Stand by Me (Geordie Lachance), Carrie, The Green Mile (John Coffee), Salem's Lot (Richard Straker)
3rd Row: Creepshow (Jordy Verrill), The Stand (Randall Flagg), Cujo, Thinner (Billy Halleck), The Shining (Jack Torrance)
Bottom Row: ?, Misery (Annie Wilkes), Christine (Arnie Cunningham), Firestarter (Charlie McGee), Silver Bullet (Reverend Lowe)

That first one in the bottom row is driving me crazy.

Edit - Obvious solution is for me to spend the entire day rewatching every King adaptation ever made until I get it.

Dont forget on bottom row: Guy from Sometimes They Come Back (Sometimes They Come Back)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

cake bunny posted:

Nah, that one is Arnie from Christine. The punchable smirk gives it away.

Ah poo poo, I think you're right!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I've been meaning to rewatch brotherhood of the wolf for like 3 years now, I wonder if it holds up

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

Hrmm is Pet Sematary the best overall song for a horror movie?

Criteria : It contains the name of the movie in the song or it goes over the plot of the movie in the song.

It's a strong contender but Dream Warriors by Dokken is the best

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Speaking of watching movies you haven't seen in forever, I watched brotherhood of the wolf after 20 years since last time. It was still very good! Some early 2000s staples like too many quick cuts during action scenes, but the story was intriguing. The costumes were fantastic, it is set in 1700s France so triangle hats as far as the eye can see. And the heroes wear those weird face mask cowl things in one scene, definitely inspired Bloodborne. Director went on to do the silent hill movie

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Anyone see Cobweb?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yes and it is BIZARRE, way weirder than The Devil Inside sending you to a website at the very end.

Well now I'm intrigued!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Now we're talking, space horror is great.

Event Horizon
Sunshine
Europa Report

Oh you mean series that ended up in space? Oh.

Uh Leprechaun I guess. I remember thinking Hellraiser in space was better than it should've been, but that was like 20 years ago

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Power Walrus posted:

Any good films about doppelgängers? I loved It Follows, They Look Like People & of course Bodysnatchers. Anything that plays with the fear of something familiar being sinister or uncanny. Also the fear of everything around you changing into something predatory. I haven’t seen Possession yet, I heard it plays with some of those themes.

Basically looking for something like Mandela Catalogue but less creepypasta-style.

The Broken (2008)

"After seeing herself drive down the street, Radiologist Gina McVey unravels a mystery centered around a broken mirror."

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Brotherhood of the Wolf is an investigation movie :iiam:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The Borderlands

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

Okay so far I've got uh Cast a Deadly Spell, The Mothman Prophecies, Exorcist 3. All rewatches but I'm still looking for investigative horror movies.

The Borderlands (aka Final Prayer)!!

"After reports of strange phenomena in a rural English church, a team is sent by the Vatican to see if what is happening qualifies as a miracle."

Found footage investigation. Good movie!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Imo the silent hill movie is defensible, to a degree. The aesthetic and vibe is very good. Soundtrack is from the games and is good. It's just most of the other stuff. I never saw the 2nd one but I'm cautiously optimistic for the upcoming 3rd

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I've said it before but just use the Peter Jackson script, it's perfect

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
may I recommend a little know film. A hidden gem, if you will: Ghostbusters

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
First thing we did with our vcr was tape Donner's Superman off tv. My sister talked during it and I shushed her, we're recording right now!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What are some movies where a monster is stuck in a cage but then escapes and kills everyone?

Alien Resurrection
Cabin in the Woods
King Kong
The Fly II, sort of I guess

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Darthemed posted:

And The Snorkel, which has some fantastic performances.

Such a shame that the studio wouldn't let them use the originally-intended ending.

Strangled to death underwater. If you're the coroner, I guess that's what you put

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
VHS Cave Drawings

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
In Evil Dead, there's a hills have eyes poster in the cabin. Am I to believe the Allens were horror fans??

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Grave Encounters

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
How's this for a hot horror movie: Sunshine

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Haha poo poo, thanks for reminding me about smile. I set out to watch it like a month ago and just plumb forgot about it

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The best jump scare is when you first see Jaws, as Brody is scooping chum

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

What's some fun, ignorable background 90s horror or horror-adjacent TV that I can watch while cleaning and such? I don't want to get too invested, but I want it to suck me in for a scene occasionally, or at least look cool when I glance at the TV. I've been watching Are You Afraid of the Dark which has been great, but I want to try something new, and The Outer Limits feels a little too similar. I didn't watch much horror TV other than X-Files at the time because I was too s-s-scared so I'm pretty ignorant of the basics. Buffy was too soapy the few times I tried it, but I wonder about trash like The Crow tv series, or Poltergeist: The Legacy.

I suppose maybe Tales from the Crypt, though I would argue it deserves your attention while it's playing

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Finally got around to watching Cobweb--it was a real wild ride; just ridiculous. Some really great atmosphere and aesthetic.

I liked the design of Sarah Cobweb, who I guess is not supernatural in any way, but just super limber and doesn't use conditioner huh

It ended quite abruptly, and I guess they left it open for a sequel, which I do not think would be interesting or necessary, but I guess we'll see

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Ask them about the upcoming killer klowns video game, are they involved?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
From time to time I think of my favorite moment of demon knight: Billy zane pops out of the shower and wraps the heroine with the curtain and yells "It's CURTAINS for you!!!" as she shrieks.

In fact I was just thinking about it a couple days ago

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Huh I didn't know a Pet Semetary prequel was coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IgQpRyfwbE

I never watched the recent remake (and by accounts I don't need to), but this might be interesting. And I guess Stephen King approves

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1701723487126139285?t=sYUKk18XW8kTmkDS7boGAw&s=19

Sometimes, dead is better

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Gonna watch Talk to the Hand tonight, really looking forward to it

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

John Carpenter's new thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9cRV4_Qgew

They call it "unscripted" but it seems like what they mean is that it's using the cinematic language of truecrime documentaries to tell supernatural stories. Fun idea! Hopefully Carpenter isn't just cashing a check and had some real creative involvement.

My man, the phrase "John Carpenter's new thing" made my heart skip a beat

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
anyone else find themselves getting softer as they age?

I watched Talk to Me and about halfway I was all upset because I didn't want to see bad things happen to these kids

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

I wouldn't call it getting softer, but more as time goes on and we get more life experience, our horror tastes can potentially change. For example, I've always worried about the animals in horror films, but when it came to things happening to small children, I didn't particularly care. But then I had kids and that all changed. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones did a number to my head, or I had a greater empathy on here's this baby or toddler who completely depends on you for everything and is helpless after having my own and there we go. Teens, I'm fine with whatever happens because I've been around more than enough bratty ones.

I don't have any children, so whether it's my accumulated life experience, my relationship with my nieces and nephews, or some kind of time release parental instinct, I dunno.

Anyway, Talk to Me was really good! One thing I wasn't clear on was did the protagonist jump onto the highway herself, or was she pushed or something? I'm pretty sure she jumped, but I don't know what doing so would accomplish, aside from an attempt to just escape the whole situation.

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 21, 2023

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Halloween Jack posted:

From what I've read, McKamey seems categorically different from pretty much any other haunted house. It seems like it's basically some pervert barely managing to not get sued into oblivion.

Someone on the forums linked to a youtuber going to McKamey manor, which turned into an ongoing series. Interesting if you can stomach the youtuber. long story short, the manor itself is compete bullshit and doesn't actually exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9mjwoLYGr0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Phy posted:

I remembered yesterday that near me there's a heritage railway with the rights to a 14-km stretch of the old Canadian Pacific line that does a haunted train ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZfKVmeuawk