Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I haven't seen Scream sequels after 3, which I rectified this weekend. Like with previous sequels I thought they were ok enough but none of them come close to the original and even by horror franchise standards feel superfluous. At this point all the talking about meta poo poo is cringe af. Especially when they started bringing up reddit. It's a lot of talking about inverting the tropes, oooh poo poo we're gonna get real crazy guys, and then nothing that interesting happens. I liked the never ending door fake out scene in the middle one because it was actually playful and not just talking about being playful. I also enjoyed a protagonist that ices motherfuckers left and right. Also RIP to a real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sad question
May 30, 2020

I like how in Creep 2 the protagonist is Immune to his jump scares and he gets increasingly mad.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I enjoyed it but Sissy is superior influencer based movie imo

sad question
May 30, 2020

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

wish someone would’ve warned me that Knock Knock sucks (jk i heard it a thousand times but failed to listen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqEFgIv-aqM

Monologue is very funny tho. I crack up at delivery of "bubble bath!"

sad question
May 30, 2020

Bone Tomahawk was good but it also made me weirdly stoked because I have the same chairs they used for the saloon scene.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Basebf555 posted:

I feel like there's a lot of potentially great horror movie premises that are some form of "you slow-play things for the first half the movie and then SURPRISE it's actually a Jason/Freddy/Dracula/Godzilla/Predator movie" but unfortunately with modern media today it's almost impossible to keep something like that under wraps long enough to pull it off.
I somehow went into 10 Cloverfield Lane without knowing the thing about it. I became slightly suspicious at the beginning but then forgot as things developed. I did the dog head tilt when the ending happened.

I respect a movie that goes bonkers suddenly.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I just watched The Blob remake for the first time. Super fun and with some absolutely gnarly deaths. The blob itself looked meatier than I expected, I thought it would by more like evil jello

sad question
May 30, 2020

I am going through Child's Play movies from the beginning. I'm curious, how is Living with Chucky? Never Sleep Again set the high bar for me for horror franchise documentaries. And more generally, are there some other good ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sad question
May 30, 2020

I recently watched Habit (1995) on impulse because the description sounded kinda interesting. I am glad because while it is unmistakably low budget and lacking in some ways (some of the performances) I really vibed with it. It's about an alcoholic who meets a woman who may/not be a vampire/succubus. There's something about the movie that connected with me. If you have tolerance for some rough edges I recommend it. If you can relate to the themes presented it's a rather impressive film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9VsgTZSHcs

sad question fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 17, 2023