Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Hint: You don't need the fire boots, but they could help later on.

HK5000 posted:

I had seen the trailer/teaser earlier this year and the full film exceeded my expectations based on that without largely ruining a plot of the movie (something I hate which most trailers do these days - there's one for an upcoming film named Abigail which is a prime example of this).

That Abigail trailer is such a brutal offender; it has to cover almost every plot beat.
Who makes these loving trailers? Why does this happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Baron von Eevl posted:

I remember people getting mad at the trailer for Cabin In The Woods for "spoiling the whole movie" by revealing that it wasn't a normal cabin. I'm not saying Abigail definitely has more up its sleeve than the trailer lets on, but it's possible "mercs kidnap a rich kid who turns out to be a vampire" is just the premise.

i’ll definitely give it a fair shot. i just wanted to complain and honestly i think that’s my bad for being too cynical. thanks dog

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Saw Winnie The Pooh: Blood & Honey II last night.
It was horrendous. Not as bad as the first one, but it spent most of its runtime trying very hard to retcon its predecessor and had like, four separate exposition dumps.

What I'm most interested though is the future of the franchise.
There are plans to make a cinematic universe (referred to as The Poohniverse) that includes warped versions of Bambi, Pinocchio, The Mad Hatter, and Peter Pan.
We even saw a teaser for Bambi: The Reckoning.
Concept art is also teased for these in B&H2, and includes what I think is a version of Dumbo, but nobody talks about it explicitly in any interviews that I've seen.

Writing this all down now so when the whole thing falls through there's a record of it.

Chip S. Challenge fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 29, 2024

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Crescent Wrench posted:

"Poohniverse" is a mild chuckle and that's about as far as I'm going to engage with this nonsense.

Would it make you feel better if I said the shared universe movie will be called Poohniverse: Monsters Assemble?

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

inexplicably the russian sleep experiment prop is there in the bottom right. i’m pretty sure that was revealed to just be a spirit halloween prop so who knows how that’ll be used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

A Fancy Hat posted:

Ju-On: The Grudge is the first movie that really terrified me as an adult. For me there was such an overwhelming feeling of dread in the entire movie that every scare hit me really hard. I was constantly on edge and then a ghost would pop up and it really freaked me out. I cannot even fully explain why

it’s because the series director had the curse & the curse 2 to practice building up suspense. he really honed it