Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I'm going to try to keep up with this thread this time.

Dark Night of the Scarecrow was on The Last Drive-In last night and it was a surprisingly good made-for-TV horror movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I’m peddling my wares at a horror/goth makers market today so I’m downloading Return of the Living Dead to watch while people ignore my booth

I was planning on watching it on the real day tomorrow but today’s close enough

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

VROOM VROOM posted:

Good luck goon

Everybody go check out and support your local horror/goth makers market, you might find some absolutely sick poo poo like this

The fricking thing is 2 feet tall, weighs like 15 pounds, included the attached 5-foot chain, and yes that is a physical hole in the middle of the evil star

So far I’ve sold three pieces which beats my previous market record by three. People in Minnesota just aren’t in the market for what I make

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I’m sure this has been posted before but for those who haven’t seen it SNL did a trailer for a Wes Anderson horror movie

https://youtu.be/gfDIAZCwHQE

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Speaking of trailers I asked my wife if she wanted to watch Ravenous with me and I showed her the trailer. The trailer was so bad it made me reevaluate my memory of the movie. Like I don’t remember the movie being hokey but the trailer sure makes it looks that way

https://youtu.be/l7BDiNktrLU

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Darthemed posted:

Do you have an Etsy or something similar?

Hollismason posted:

Post your etsy or your estore or whatever. I wanna see more stuff.

I don’t sell them online because I’m not dedicated enough to making them to keep a store stocked. Also the shipping on these things is absurd. The few I’ve sent out have cost way more to ship than they do to build. Today was the first market I’ve done since last October and I was just filling in for someone that had to drop out.

I mostly make them as a hobby because I personally want horror/occult themed neon signs to hang on my walls.

I post most of my stuff to Instagram if you want to see more but I haven’t updated in a while.

https://instagram.com/_signs.of.the.end_?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I like how the credits for Return of the Living Dead show scenes from the movie we just finished watching

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

BrownPepper posted:

What's the best horror film by a director who is mostly known for working outside of the genre. The Exorcist is the easy answer, but I'm sure there are a lot of interesting picks I'm too dumb to think of. Alien I think would count.

The first two that came to mind are The Shining and 28 Days Later

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Hollismason posted:

I love how calm he is when he calls Bert. "Bert, yeah we got a little problem"

Fun fact : There exists a version of the graveyard dance where Linnea Quigley has pubic hair. However, the producer saw it and said we can't have that so then they had Quigley shave everything off, then they were like "That's worse you can see everything" , then they developed a prosthesis that was flesh colored to cover up her vagina. That's why she looks like a Barbie doll.

Didn’t this same thing happen with the actress in Lifeforce? The 80s were a weird time

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Hollismason posted:

Happy Fourth of July!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WM-J3-dA1Q

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Hollismason posted:

I want them to make a true to life Warren's movie because their loving con artists and really loving terrible people. Its like that movie The Pope's Exorcist and the actual priest it is based on is a huge poo poo head.

Yeah knowing about the real Warrens has put me off of ever watching those movies

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Last Drive-In is showing some bangers tonight

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
This interview with Phil Tippett is great, he’s the best kind of curmudgeon

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
There’s also a listing on shudder for Just Joe Bob, which are the segments without the movies. They’re usually not that interesting without seeing the movie but if you’ve seen Mad God and only want to see this interview with Phil Tippett it’s good for jumping straight to that.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I see Freddy took a seat near the kids

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
According to the artist it is just a Victim/snack

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
https://twitter.com/BenzieQueen/status/1490091086747996160/photo/1

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I like the final destination movies for comfort horror. They're dumb but well made and they go down smooth

I'm the same, when I'm looking to zone out I'll put on these and other late 90s/early 2000s mindless schlock like 13 Ghosts or House on Haunted Hill. There's something fun about the overwrought drama and bad decisions that comes standard in every character. The Saw series works too.

If I want to watch something to feel better my go-tos are Evil Dead 2, Dawn of the Dead, and Night of the Demons.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Creep is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen wow. pretty much every movie in that first two rows of best of Netflix are unwatchable. it follows was good. i will stick with goon recs.

edit—oh my GOD this poo poo had 90% on RT?!
spoilers follow. the android app lets you click a button and immediately add spoiler tags and images iOS users are being robbed.
there’s a scene where you think the movie is throwing you a curveball and it doesn’t, then it continues to play out incredibly linearly and predictably. nothing but jump scares to pay off the forever shots.

I'm with you on not liking creep. I know characters in horror movies generally make bad decisions but the protagonist made so many bad decisions I was hoping he'd die soon just to end the movie, and that's saying something because the movie is only 77 minutes long.

Also that actor chose to wait so long between lines that I'm pretty sure 30 of those minutes are just his pregnant pauses.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
She sounds like that bathroom ghost in Harry Potter

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Has she ever seen the Dr Seuss Halloween special? As a kid that was into spooky stuff I wore that tape out rewatching it.

It’s called Halloween is Grinch Night I think

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Show your kids the Secret of NIMH

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Who else in this thread owns the special necronomicon edition of the Evil Dead DVD?

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Evil Dead the musical rules too. *evilly* it’s better than Rise

It’s been more than a decade since I’ve seen the show but the song “What the gently caress Was That?” still gets stuck in my head

So that’s my song pick

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Phy posted:

How's the second and third hell house llc movies?
Diminishing returns. The second one is basically the first one but less tense since you already know the deal. The third one is just weird, they swung for the fences on that one and for me it didn't work at all.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Is that where the monster has a workbench or just any scene with a workbench?

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

CelticPredator posted:

It’s always fun to watch weirdo garbage sequels of great films that you’ve never heard of

BRB going to watch American psycho 2

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Hard to believe that Saw has 10 movies now and hasn’t had a single one set in outer space

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I need a quick opinion, horror thread. Does this look better with the blood or without? I always like to add blood to these but I feel like I go to that well too often.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Xiahou Dun posted:

In general definitely the top one with the blood. But I can see why you’d ask that because I’m not 100% happy with how that specific blood works.

Is this still planning and you can mess with it? A revamp on the bloody bit might make it perfect.

This is just the blueprint so anything can change. I agree about the blood, it should be more splattered or something since it’s a chainsaw.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Medullah posted:

I think the teeth disappearing when the blood starts jumps out a bit, but I like the concept!

I was hoping I could use the blood to get away with removing 5 of the teeth because each one is extra work. One long piece of blood is easier than five small teeth. I agree it does look odd though

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the blood. the blood!

this is sick, is it gonna be a neon sign or something

Fake neon, it’s made from LED lights but looks close enough for what I want. Here’s the barbenheimer sign I made last weekend, it’s almost as good as real neon but it doesn’t have that back glow from the round tube.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Two more options for the blood:

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

feedmyleg posted:

I think it's important to note that you can have the chain blink off and on, and if you make two of them at different rotations it will blink as if it's moving.

If I had any idea how to do that I would give it a shot. I've never made an animated sign but I would like to.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Frailty is investigative but I don't know if that counts as horror either

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
The only chairs I've noticed in a movie are the chairs Francis Dollarhyde had in Manhunter. Where did he get them? His whole house was decorated oddly though, I think he had a giant print of the moon on one wall.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Spermanent Record posted:

Have you got any horror short story recommendations for Grade 7, 12 years olds?

I'm thinking The Jaunt, to start them off with a bang (after editing out that line about dog semen wtf).

Something I don't have to check line by line for obscenity, but will still give them a good spook.

I think Robert Aickman's stories are fantastic. They eerie in a way nightmares are, where everything is kind of off and the protagonist is just trying to deal with it. They aren't gory or sexy but they are written in kind of an aristocratic language that might not be accessible to kids, but I'd say read The Hospice and see if that works for you.

https://xpressenglish.com/our-stories/hospice/

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
The Signal-Man by Charles Dickens is also a fantastic short horror story

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Leprechaun is fine but it isn't the reason the leprechaun franchise is so much fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I finally watched last year's Hellraiser and someone should have warned me that it was a Thirt13n Ghosts remake someone slapped a Hellraiser skin on