Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

M

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

I’m a big fan of electronic scores in horror movies. It Follows has some great music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqS96JxWVA

And the score to the Maniac remake is a favorite too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4eooP5Ouz4

and of course anything John Carpenter does rules

Have you listened to the Taint soundtrack? It’s pretty good, but I can’t in good conscious recommend the movie (I can in bad conscious, however)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Maybe elemental nature horror?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, yeah, but I was hoping y'all could cut it down for me a bit. And most King stuff I've watched doesn't have the town and spooky vibe of it as all that prominent.

Does Castle Rock channel that vibe well?

Oh for sure, season 2 is pretty divisive but I enjoyed it all the way through.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What are some movies where a monster is stuck in a cage but then escapes and kills everyone?

Alien Resurrection
Cabin in the Woods
King Kong
The Fly II, sort of I guess

Deep Blue Sea

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

LL Cool J stand out performance in this one.

And can't ever forget, Deepest Bluest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cYcdBVQ8NM

“I’m like Daniel when he faced the lion!” pops in my head every once in a while.

Origami Dali posted:

I need a good horror movie that primarily takes place at a carnival/fair or small amusement park that is not The Funhouse, Ghoulies 2, Freaks, or Haunt

Funland
Howling VI
Follow That Bird

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of found footage, the opening of Butterfly Kisses probably has one of my favorite opening lines of a found footage movie, but it never quite lives up to what it promises.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Is the malignant screenplay anywhere online? That's one I'd like to read

I remember listening to some podcast that had a guest who worked on the movie and they said the script was pretty straight forward and all the crazy stuff was added during production, the one specific example I remember was the cliffside hospital parking lot.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mover posted:

Caveman encounters the first vampires, alternatively neanderthals encounter early humanity who are presented as nearly psychopathic ruthless competitors

Pretty sure these were done in Primal.

https://youtu.be/0x7Bmz4l38E

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought I made up the movie Ratboy in my mind until I finally found it again as an adult.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope they make it available on syfy’s website now that peacock isn’t bundled in cable packages.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The dvds look pretty good.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Isn’t that just body bags

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bokeem Woodbine is great in it. Speaking of which, I just rewatched Caught Up with Bokeem Woodbine and Jeffrey Combs, it’s got some pretty fun Jamaican/voodoo stuff going on in it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Anyone seen Neil Marshall The Lair, foreign film but I mean seems like a decent creature feature. I will report back.

It’s held back by its budget but has some fun moments and some silly but memorable soldier boys.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Should’ve watched Orca instead

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Presto, you’re dead!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Do you think Chucky shed a tear like dr doom when he heard about 9/11

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They literally call him a witch (baba yaga).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Like Paul?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He wants to gently caress him obv

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

How much of the creep show score is used in the new trailer?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Where can I watch 30 Coins?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

I love Prom Night II because it features an absolute bastard, just an unrepentant evil monster, no bargaining, no tragic backstory, no "maybe they were wronged and just need revenge," gently caress all that. Mary Lou is here and she is going to squish girls in between lockers until spaghetti sauce goes everywhere. It's great and a good antidote if you have to sit through one too many "it's an allegory for trauma" elevated horror moodpieces.

The locker gag and the chalk board gag are two of the greatest highlights of cinema

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The opening of t2 but it’s a Chucky doll stomping a human skull

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My mother told me never to do this!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Xiahou Dun posted:

See I’m just a sucker for the gimmick with the blood making anti-demon barriers. You give me a cool/silly magic power and you really go whole hog with it and I can’t help myself.

It’s the Jesus flashbacks for me. On par with the Jesus flashbacks in Lair of the White Worm and Clockwork Orange.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is there a good letterboxd list of religious/jesus visions in horror movies?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

:stare:

Deadbeat at Dawn goes hard. I know that's it's reputation, but goddamn that last half an hour was nuts.

Hell yeah. Makes me sad we never got Day of the Deadbeat

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Troll v Grendel

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

the art of cinema

https://twitter.com/BlanksJamie/status/1704088160966504625?s=20

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dang, I wasn’t expecting the level of movie making that went into Out Of The Dark. Hard to believe that was the same guy who made Mortuary Academy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is The Watch horror

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Xiahou Dun posted:

I wish there was Evil Dead vs Re-Animator.

I think that was a comic book.

Gimme hellraiser vs robocop

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Texas Chainsaw 2 is perhaps the most effective movie I've ever seen at making me immediately hope the main characters die. It's six minutes in and I could not be happier if either of the two teenage dudes are murdered immediately.

[e: loving sick, Tobe Hooper killed them within the next five minutes, I'm sorry for doubting you dad]

lmao

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I think you mean sharkumentary

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is there an asylum rip off or Saw?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Saw X was good but no way was it the goriest or even best of the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I want to start October off with a schlocky horror western, which is slim pickins. What should I go with?

Tremors 4: The Legend Begins

Ginger Snaps Back

From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman’s Daughter

Sundown: vampire in retreat