Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fun fact: Bug was filmed in my high school's gym for some reason.

I haven't seen it in years but I remember it being pretty unsettling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I feel like all the Saw movies had terrible nu-metal credits songs. At least some of them did.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched Fire in the Sky for the first time last night. A lot of the movie wasn't great, but that alien torture scene? :stonk: Jesus loving Christ, that was bone-chilling. Glad I didn't see this when I was a kid because it definitely would've given me nightmares.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That "POLO!" made me laugh a lot. I'll watch this.

Was that song in the beginning off-brand Aphex Twin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meW3Y_yLlWI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched Exorcist: The Beginning for the first time the other night and hated it. The new one has to be better than that piece of poo poo, right? The trailer for it didn't exactly make me curious to find out for myself, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Basebf555 posted:

Should've watched Dominion instead
I watched it because We Hate Movies was covering it for their new episode, but yeah, I have to imagine Paul Schrader did this material better.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Exorcist: Believer was worth making because, since Taylor Swift's Eras Tour movie is excluded from my AMC A-List subscription, I'm going to get a ticket to Exorcist: Believer around the same time and sneak in to the TSwift movie :getin:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Honest Thief posted:

VHS 85 was underwhelming, the initial concept of emerging directors coming together and put out cool video nasty short features has given way to half baked efforts, I guess looking back at the recent entries it's not that surprising.
:same:

94 at least had Storm Drain (hail Raatma), but 85 and 99 had zero memorable segments for me. Still, I'm looking forward to the next one because these movies are something of a Halloween tradition for me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WeaponX posted:

Viral is bad but I’ll still watch it anytime. So yeah kinda agree.

PlutoTV plays the first 3 movies all the time and I’ll never not stop and watch ‘em.
Viral has Bonestorm though!!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh hell yeah, John Carpenter's Anthology II (Movie Themes 1976-1988) came out yesterday and I just found out about it :spooky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3G3Iclirk

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I rewatched the entire Purge series because I remembered some of the sequels being pretty good. I think my brain lied to me. Ugh, what a mostly disappointing series. Anarchy is still pretty solid, but the rest of them range from average to terrible and I hope they don't make any more after The Forever Purge, which was my least favorite of the series when I saw it in theaters and again when I watched it just now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PriorMarcus posted:

How is the remake of Susperia?

How does it compare content wise to the original?
I only saw it once when it came out in theaters and hated it. It's certainly doing its own thing, but the original is so much more creative IMO. It came out 41 years earlier but I prefer it in every way. I like Thom Yorke's music for the remake but it doesn't come close to Goblin's score from the original.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

If you want a weird 3 hour long gothic horror movie with Mia Goth, I can’t recommend A Cure for Wellness highly enough
:yeah:

A Cure for Wellness rules. I should rewatch that. I've got the Blu-Ray.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Neon Demon kicks rear end

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just rewatched all the Evil Dead movies within the last week. My ranking was ED2 > ED1 > ED2013 > AOD > Rise.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I should watch ED2013 again, I recall being suprised that I didn't hate it
I think it's the single bloodiest movie I've ever seen, or definitely up there at least.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rewatched Doctor Sleep for the first time since it came out and I'm pretty sure I hated it even more this time. The entire final act was basically this for The Shining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJhu15f-hg

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I just watched Society for the first time after hearing about it for years and uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:stonklol: :getin:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Xiahou Dun posted:

There are no horror purity tests.
There's the big one in The Thing, for example.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, I love It Follows and really hope David Robert Mitchell doesn't gently caress up They Follow.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been watching lots of horror movies in October. Today I'm gonna watch Halloween '78, Halloween III and The Witch. Maybe The Thing, too. Happy Halloween, y'all :spooky:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

computer angel posted:

Does anyone get legitimately scared by horror movies anymore? I try to set the correct atmosphere, dark room, no distractions, alone, yet I still feel I'm chasing the dragon. When I was a teenager I watched Event Horizon and it haunted me for weeks, same with Silent Hill, couldn't shower with my eyes closed type thing. Those were good times.
I'm mostly desensitized at this point, but I remember when I watched The Lodge a few years ago, that freaked me out.

There's maybe one movie every few years that'll do that to me. I must've watched a few dozen horror movies in October and a few of them were genuinely unsettling, like The Exorcist and Jacob's Ladder, but I've seen those before, so the effects those movies had on me happened ages ago when I first saw them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I felt more tension and general unease and ick watching Priscilla than I have with any recent horror movie, Elvis is a great monster but I'm not quite ready to call it a horror movie
:same:, though I'd call it one. Maybe psychological horror is a more appropriate term for it, but I definitely felt horrified watching it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz4k8V8RuF0/

lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What are the picks for the year, folks? I feel like I'm super behind on horror because I've just been digging in the crates.
M3GAN and The Pope's Exorcist for me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:sickos:

I really enjoyed Pearl, so I hope this one's as good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A Fancy Hat posted:

In the spirit of the holidays I rewatched Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2 last night. This has probably been discussed to death but what a wild trip of a movie. 40 minutes to recap the first movie, then a bunch of random scenes, and it's all narrated by one of the most amazing overacting masters of all time. Almost every single line makes me laugh, Ricky is constantly saying stuff like "it sounded like a squirrel getting his nuts squeezed" or "are we just jerking off here or what?" in this weird voice. Plus he remembers things from when he was a literal baby, he's aware of things nobody else witnessed except his long-dead brother and adds all kinds of crazy commentary when recounting those events.

Everybody knows Garbage Day, it's still funny, but the rest of the movie is equally hilarious and weird.

I would love to know how people reacted to this in the theaters when it first came out. Like half the runtime is just showing you the first movie with Ricky saying stuff like "my brother knew all the roads and shortcuts" or "i remember... because I was there!".
Yeah, it rules :allears:

I've been watching the first one and that one every year at Christmas time for years, though from now on, I'm just going to watch Part 2 annually. The sexual assault stuff in the first one bothers me, and Part 2 recaps almost the entirety of the first movie anyway. Plus it's funnier and more lighthearted because of Eric Freeman's batshit insane performance.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

flashy_mcflash posted:

Its solidly 60% weirder by volume than any of those. It is deeply, deeply weird.
:sickos:

Seeing it next Friday. Can't wait!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

dorium posted:

I'd rather have an uncomfortable chair than a recliner. These recliners are just bad for the general public and lead to people treating the theater like their home and arriving in top to bottom sweats and sandals with a bag of dim sum (this literally happened to me at a screening of Ferrari the other night) and a blanket.

Take all that poo poo out of the theater and give us some stone steps to sit on. People dont deserve poo poo.
lmao

I love the recliners. I'm at a theater now about to see Poor Things and this theater has chairs, which aren't terribly uncomfortable or anything, but I miss the recliners when they aren't available.

I know it's not a horror movie, but how was Ferrari? I'm seeing it the day after Christmas.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

moths posted:

I stopped about 20 minutes into Saltburn because it's sucking poo poo.

I feel like someone recommended it to troll me. Does this get better?
I felt the exact same way when I watched it the other day. You're better off not finishing it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

8one6 posted:

I finally watched M3gan last night and it was loving great!
One of my favorites of 2023 :) Did you watch theatrical or unrated? There's not a ton of difference. IIRC the unrated version has a few more swears and the deaths are a little gorier.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:bisonyes:

2024 is a good year

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's a closer timeline but supposedly it's going to be 28 Months Later.

If it was Boyle I might think about but fuuuck do I hate Garland.
Like, everything Garland's done? I think that Civil War movie looks godawful and I hated Men, but I love Ex Machina and Annihilation and Dredd.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

JonathonSpectre posted:

Change it to Paris from the end of 28 Weeks, an entire movie of the actual "society is destroyed by the ravening hordes" part of the outbreak, just 2 hours of the first 10 minutes of Dawn of the Dead and it ends with the characters trapped on a roof or something watching the nukes coming down.

I liked 28 Weeks Later a lot... and then we got that little flash out the tunnel at the end and well I've been waiting for the movie above ever since then.
:same:

I've seriously been waiting 17 years for the news that a sequel is going forward.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MacheteZombie posted:

Infinity Pool was very meh. Mia Goth owns and Kid Cronen is a solid filmmaker, but the plot/script was not interesting at all.
:agreed:

I was really looking forward to it, too :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just saw Night Swim. Well that sucked! I liked the concept of different people disappearing in the pool for decades , but the execution wasn't very good here.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just rewatched Escape From Tomorrow for the first time in like a decade because I had to see for myself if it held up. It really doesn't. At all. gently caress that movie, for real.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1750564436694151482

Good news, nunsploitation enjoyers, we've got a new one in the pipeline.
I'd rather watch Benedetta again

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Benedetta was so good
:yeah:

It was one of my favorites the year it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kymDzCgPwj0

I had to do a double take when I saw "With Fred Durst" in the credits at the end lmao