Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Am I Actually the Strongest: Yes, you are. This is an isekai anime after all. I think it is the first isekai of this season. Unfortunately, not every show can be a winner. It's so cliched. But at least it's not so over-the-top cringe, for the most part at least. At first, MC power of creating barriers seems interesting at first as he can use it as a mobility tool and offensively. And then it become BS as he can use it to do whatever he wants with it.

Yohane: Its Love Live. But instead of being an idol anime, it's fantasy anime. It's good. The artstyle is pleasing on the eye, the setting is pretty interesting as it combine the aspect of modern world and fantasy, and there's no need to watch the original anime as this anime takes it's time to re-introduce the alternate version of the main characters. Also, the co-lead is a giant talking wolf, and she brings plenty of snarky remarks throughout the episode. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Doodles posted:

Ryza no Atelier: Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega (Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation) - I don't know why I decided to try this, the list of good shows based on games starts & ends with "Cyberpunk: Edgerunners," but I didn't have anything else to do that day so i gave it a shot. Oh well. It's not horrible, just... average. The kind of show that the term "mid" was created for. I will give one compliment: This show is fixated on the main character's hips, legs, and rear end. She thicc.

Huh you weren't kidding about the show's fixation on the main character's pelvic zone, it's a bit weird

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Doodles posted:

I will give one compliment: This show is fixated on the main character's hips, legs, and rear end. She thicc.

literally everything i've ever read/seen about atelier ryza was fixated on her legs. like this is an official shot of a goodsmile figure. just look at that crop:

how blood is flowing in those legs i don't know

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thyza

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

very excited to see one of my favorite mangoes in anime. i hope they don't gently caress it up!!

<-
<-
<-

this one

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Brutal Garcon posted:

The new Fate/whatever thing was really fun, but

- It's a one-off OVA that only covers the start of a story. No idea if they plan to do the rest, or if it's just a very expensive advert for the source material.

- Most Fate things start fun. Wizard spygames are significantly more enjoyable to watch than hero-ghosts having DBZ beam fights.

- From the stinger, I'm worried that they're gonna do the /apocrypha thing and introduce a pair of maximally bland protagonists to focus on instead of all the actually interesting characters they just established. Please let the main characters be the wizard boy with all the social skills of a sledgehammer and his pal, a manifestation of the mystery around Jack the Ripper. We don't need another angsty teen and differently-angsty honorable sword person. Please.

I'm rooting for the dog

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Am I Actually the Strongest: Yes, you are. This is an isekai anime after all. I think it is the first isekai of this season. Unfortunately, not every show can be a winner. It's so cliched. But at least it's not so over-the-top cringe, for the most part at least. At first, MC power of creating barriers seems interesting at first as he can use it as a mobility tool and offensively. And then it become BS as he can use it to do whatever he wants with it.

I'm not feeling this one, either. Which sucks because I like the manga. Maybe "the God's made me to Op" and "Getting Summoned a Second Time" killed my tolerance for bad adaptations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

unless its being done by a really good studio, for the general isekais of "i'm the strongest" ones I rather just read the manga or webnovels. My favorite parts of them are the internal monologues anyway, which the anime adaptations always remove.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Lv1 Maou to Room humor is pretty silly, but laughed at some of the jokes and gags. Gonna keep on it for a few episodes, going to depend all on the delivery of the voice actors.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh yeah just as a reminder, Helck is on HIDIVE, along with Lv1 Demon Lord to One-Room Hero, and Most Heretical Last Boss Queen

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

Just crossing my fingers that Helck doesn't get Biscuit Hammer'd

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that Eizouken dub clip is so bad but idk if i'm alone in this (i know stux agrees with me....)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/AniNewsAndFacts/status/1675921155935584257

Suicide Squad Isekai made by Wit Studios

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The 7th Guest posted:

that Eizouken dub clip is so bad but idk if i'm alone in this (i know stux agrees with me....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=powGZlTybcE&t=6s

I like Kanamori's voice. :shrug: Midori sounds like a gremlin too.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 3, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So that was the WB anime

Thank God it's not Ricky Morty

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Small trailer too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9T3IzQjRow

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

The 7th Guest posted:

Sentai pretty regularly does rush job dubs, from what I understand.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sentai does not do good dubs most of the time. Like, one of every four characters minimum is generally miscast.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thought their Vinland Saga dub was pretty decent.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this actually seems pretty neat lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watched Ryza anime, sure is a Ryza anime

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=powGZlTybcE&t=6s

I like Kanamori's voice. :shrug: Midori sounds like a gremlin too.
really?? i think kanamori is way off, like they only watched one episode of the show and went "ah ok she's an emotionless robot got it"

but like i said i might be alone in this

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Already watched and liked three shows. Other than those not much caught my eye; Zom 100 has a nice PV, Undead Girl Murder Farce I'll probably check out based on the title alone, Helck maybe if the adaptation is okay.

Already watched:

Bang Dream MyGO: It's more Bang Dream, but focusing on a new set of characters and with (at least in the first episode) a much more gloomy tone, we'll see how it develops.

Horimiya: More comedy-focused than I remember the main series being (probably because it no longer has to pretend to care about plot), but I liked it, the last segment especially was a solid sequence of jokes.

Yohane: Fun concept, mixing up established characters without the narrative trappings of regular idol anime. Don't let Vanessa Carlton's lawyers hear that ED lol.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

The 7th Guest posted:

really?? i think kanamori is way off, like they only watched one episode of the show and went "ah ok she's an emotionless robot got it"

but like i said i might be alone in this

i thought the first 15 seconds of tsubame was alright but then i closed it when kanamori started talking

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

DC chasing an oversaturated market in the worst way is very on brand for DC movie projects

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Finally, someone with a platform I can vote for.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Thanks for all the posts talking up Bang Dream, I bounced off every previous iteration of the franchise so would have skipped it unwatched, but I actually can't think of another anime with such an accurate and grounded depiction of neurodivergence so it's got my attention.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 3, 2023

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I thought their Vinland Saga dub was pretty decent.

Same, but maybe it didn't really matter as long as Askeladd was on point. I think the only one I thought was wrong was Thorkell.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I miss Helck's small face

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Three this season is the most since I attempted two back whenever Tokyo Mew Mew New and the Battle Athletes reboot-sequel aired and I dropped both.

Atelier Ryza with its 48 minute first episode is certainly more Ryza. It's been three years since I've played the game so don't know what exactly was different between this and the intro sequence to said game. Music is pretty good, character designs are ok if a bit wonky at times at points, especially the white-haired chick whose name I can't remember. The uh, camera focus, was expected from me since Gust really leaned into that as the Ryza trilogy got more and more popular - it's not really something any other Atelier subseries does.

Genjitsu no Yohane is certainly Love Live but in Fantasy Japan, which I didn't expect going in blind - thought it'd be more on the high fantasy side. I can see people who don't know the characters being turned off quickly from this as Yohane's personality is very lazy and bratty and it looks like it'll take a bit to fully mix in the other 8 girls. Lailaps is a good girl though and follows the Love Live tradition of having well-known seiyuu voice side characters.

BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! is my wholehearted recommendation out of the shows I'm watching. On the surface, it's a soft-reboot-but-also-a-sequel to the existing Bandori anime/story (as it takes place a bit after the third season, has references/cameos of existing characters, but is focusing on a new set), but the story is already much more intriguing than the previous three seasons. It's also much heavier of a story so far, with a lot of what was described by a friend as "human drama". All of these girls have something in their backstory that's giving them issues that'll probably be getting explored later that also ties into the group's name being a play on the word "maigo" or "lost child". Three episodes dropped on the first air date and all three are recommended going through before making a decision - episode 3 in particular is one of the better done episodes of anime I've seen in a while, being a flashback episode told through a first person view, that first person view being of someone who is extremely hinted/coded to be somewhere in the neurodivergent sphere and not just "a weirdo". I didn't want to like this series because I'm mad about the group's inclusion in the gacha game ramping the character count up to a whopping 40 and screwing over event distribution and possibly other group's writing (poor Morfonica), but it's got me hooked.
As an aside when it comes to other Bandori anime, season 1 is generally recommended by fans despite the animation quality and a memeable scene in episode 3. Seasons 2 and 3 are kind of a package deal together and depend heavily on some knowledge of the game-first groups. There's also the comedy short Garupa Pico series available free on YouTube if you want anime junk food.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

is the bang dream show something you could watch with zero knowledge of the franchise

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I watched the first episode and had no issues, some girls reference other bands I know are from the franchise as music they like but all the characters and drama of this series are established here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Southern Cassowary posted:

is the bang dream show something you could watch with zero knowledge of the franchise
the main cast are entirely new. theres a few background cameos from previous characters and they mention the other bands in the franchise but not really in a way you need to know other than previous girls band anime happened.

its set in the same high school from the earlier seasons but most of the previous cast have graduated.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lotta punchmans shows for me to watch this season, Helck yeah.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

anyways now that i've finally had the time to sit down and look through what's coming out this season:

AI no Idenshi (Madhouse ftw and i like sci-fi, so hel)
Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu (i like my stupid-rear end comedies with a simple premise)
Helck (people like the manga quite a bit, so might be worth a shot even if my eyes always glaze over a description that includes "Demon King")
Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou (an isekai with a premise this ridiculous seems worth at least a try to me)
Undead Girl Murder Farce (strange enough title to get me interested, and supernatural stuff can be dope)
Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto (the PV looked fuckin nuts)

would sticky this but my IK powers are still relegated to the Spring thread RIP some bastard already did

symbolic fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 3, 2023

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Splode posted:

Relying on this thread for recommendations and first impressions - from the summaries nearly everything sounds garbage, but there have been plenty of anime with terrible sounding premises that have turned out great.

Same.

Slightly interested in: Zom 100, Undead Girl Murder Farce and AI no Idenshi.

Does anyone know if the villainess manga is good or is it just a HameFura cash-grab?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Waller: "We got the report back from Cadmus Arcane Research about a something referred to as a 'cheat skill.' If we obtain this power we could finally have some leverage to keep Superman in check.

Harley: "Yeah, yeah, same old story boss. We get your little do-hickey for you, and you don't blow our heads off with these collars."

Waller: "Well, not exactly."

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Super Jay Mann posted:

Just crossing my fingers that Helck doesn't get Biscuit Hammer'd

The trailer didn't look as dire as Biscuit Hammer's did, so you may be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Huh you weren't kidding about the show's fixation on the main character's pelvic zone, it's a bit weird

It did throw in a few chest shots for variance.