Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

rickiep00h posted:

I am holding onto hope that the twins have some secret Winning Mindset trade that we hear about in like 2 hours.

Twins announce that Torii Hunter has been hired to inject some hardcore "zazz" and energy into the clubhouse. Twins immediately start hitting .600 ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redeye Flight posted:

Twins announce that Torii Hunter has been hired to inject some hardcore "zazz" and energy into the clubhouse. Twins immediately start hitting .600 ball.

Hunter is so freaking good at reading pitchers he would either be an incredible hitting coach or a Ted Williams-esque awful one

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Kirios posted:

What a freaking statement day for the Astros. Holy poo poo.

Thank you Framber for marking my glorious return to this thread where everyone loves me just like they love America's Team.

Go Astros.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Well Played Mauer posted:

The Yankees front office is as bad at doublespeak as that gently caress from EA that went on Reddit and said you should play 40 hours a week to unlock Darth Vader

It's also wild because Cashman will say in the same presser that there wasn't actually a budget cap!

I've defended him a lot for a long time but they gotta fully clean house (monkey's paw rear end post since Hal's still gonna be the one picking his successor.)

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Inspector_666 posted:

It's also wild because Cashman will say in the same presser that there wasn't actually a budget cap!

I've defended him a lot for a long time but they gotta fully clean house (monkey's paw rear end post since Hal's still gonna be the one picking his successor.)

Monkey's paw is y'all hiring Jeff Lunhow

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
With today's 20-5 win over the Reds the Cubs hold the only positive run differential in the NL Central, only 4 others teams in MLB have better run differentials.

Braves: +152 68-37 (.648)
Rangers: +147 61-46 (.570)
Rays: +142 66-44 (.600)
Dodgers: +88 59-45 (.567)
Cubs: +67 54-53 (.504)

(Cubs were up 20-5 with 2 outs top of the 9th as I was writing this post and I had to keep revising it as the Cubs gave up 4 runs lol)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Cubs are BACK above .500

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It's not quite throwing a no-no but the Cubs TDL acquisition going 4-4 at the plate and the Cubs putting up 20 runs vs the division leading Reds feels like a nice way to ring the bell on them making a run of it. Looking forward to watching the Cubs actually try down the stretch in a full season for the first time in the 2020's.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
N: https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1686572743121141760?s=20

V: could I love him more

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

more falafel please posted:

I am going to the see the Chicago Cubs host the Cincinnati Reds for an evening of National League Base Ball this evening.

It's been like 48 hours since I've been at a professional sporting event and nearly 72 since I've been at a major league baseball game, i'm itching

Well I picked a good one, lol. Took my 21yo intern to his first cubs game and they tied the franchise record for dingers

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
N: https://twitter.com/DrLightning94/status/1686552064921317376

V: Boom-Boom Beck

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Ben Lively's line is probably even more rare than Framber Valdez's. 4.0 IP, 13 H, 13 ER, 2 BB, 2 K

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The Mets brought in a pitcher bottom of the 10th with 2 outs bases loaded and he balked in the winning run for the Royals win.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Hello lolMets my old friend
I've come to talk to you again

We're BACK baby!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

davecrazy posted:

Hello lolMets my old friend
I've come to talk to you again

We're BACK baby!

welcome back!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sab0921 posted:

Monkey's paw is y'all hiring Jeff Lunhow

If he’s bringing crimes.xls with him then that’s fine

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

hey that's Friedman's spreadsheet!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

Chris Correa is out of jail, maybe he's looking for a job

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

lol at everyone that said Lance Lynn's HR% was unsustainable

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Before I saw the date I just assumed this was a fun nickname for Rod Beck.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Traxis posted:

lol at everyone that said Lance Lynn's HR% was unsustainable
for a Chad Innings Eater tonight was a great start as far as I'm concerned

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

SABR posted:

Stengel remained in the dugout and instead instructed his catcher, Al Lopez, to inform Beck that his afternoon was over. Meanwhile, from the dugout Stengel waved in a relief pitcher.24

As expected, Beck was furious. Rather than handing the ball to Lopez “(Beck) threw perhaps the best fast ball he has thrown this season up against the right field fence.”25 The ball hit the tin façade with a thunderous boom. Meanwhile, several feet away, right fielder Hack Wilson was dozing with his back to the field. When he heard the boom off the wall, Wilson instinctively rushed to retrieve the ball, turned and fired a perfect strike to second. The crowd howled at the sequence. Soon after, an amused reporter labeled Beck “Boom Boom” and for the rest of his life Elmer the Great was known as Boom Boom Beck.

This was not the 13-run game, but actually a good outing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Carlosologist posted:

They tanked for a while and the Yankees can’t get away with that and it also makes no sense during Judge and Cole’s primes. They have to try to win next year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

How much money are we throwing at Bellinger? I mean by the truckload; the amount of trucks holding $1000 bills in tons

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
the Mets lost to the Royals tonight on a walk-off balk and I think that’s just beautiful

https://twitter.com/royals/status/1686582145199083520?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Early century guys get names like Magnesium Balls Magillicitty and Hurling Feces Houlihan and nowadays we get dumb fuckers like Boof Bonser and ummm Aaron Hicks.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Incitatus posted:

Early century guys get names like Magnesium Balls Magillicitty and Hurling Feces Houlihan and nowadays we get dumb fuckers like Boof Bonser and ummm Aaron Hicks.

"Nicky" Punto and Max "Kep" Kepler and Joe "Mauer" Mauer and Justin "Morny" Morneau.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Incitatus posted:

I'm yearning for the days where baseball players had names like Who, What, and I Don't Know

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

rickiep00h posted:

"Nicky" Punto and Max "Kep" Kepler and Joe "Mauer" Mauer and Justin "Morny" Morneau.

Excuse you. Joe "Cake Eater" Mauer, and Nick "YEAH GET MONEY WOO GET PAID" Punto.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

rickiep00h posted:

All the good names moved to football

General Booty
Boogie Knight
Tank Bigsby
Phat Watts

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Coco Crisp

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Forrest on Fire posted:

All the good names moved to football

General Booty
Boogie Knight
Tank Bigsby
Phat Watts

HaHa Clinton-Dix

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

more falafel please posted:

Well I picked a good one, lol. Took my 21yo intern to his first cubs game and they tied the franchise record for dingers

Be careful who you share your dingers with. Just saying...

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Redeye Flight posted:

Nick "YEAH GET MONEY WOO GET PAID" Punto.
This still gets quoted with my friends. Absolute brilliance

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Really not used to being this stressed about day to day standings this far into the season unless it was because of the phillies and even then only sorta because I'm an O's man at heart. Feels cool but also I kinda hate it! :shepface:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait til the playoffs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:ohdear:

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
Playoff baseball is easily the most stressful sport, when it's a close game. Something about how it can all shift in half a second, at any second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Orioles @ Rangers wildcard game in 2012 aged me a year but it was also great

I can’t wait for playoff baseball