Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Aye Doc posted:

there's nowhere i can go to see summer league box scores? shameful!

https://www.nba.com/game/mia-vs-lal-1322300001/box-score#box-score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Miller not even boxing out guys is the biggest disappointment. He's left like at least 5 boards off his/his team's stat sheet tonight.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That Keegan Murray dunk was nice. Not as nice as the Mann one, but still nice.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

This is just like Miller was in the games I saw, hardly any shots, but he did pass well if he drew a double on plays designed for him.

More fouls than any counting stat is shameful.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dyson Daniels - much more aggressive going to the rim in the half court and came with a bigger bag than he had last Summer League; still not fully comfortable running an offense

Hawkins - played just like he did in college; nothing unexpected here; the better and bigger athletes didn't bother him

Seabron & Matkovich - didn't seem to progress much at all from last Summer League

Liddell - first live game since tearing his ACL last Summer League; moves better than you would think for an undersized big recovering from that injury

everyone else: complete scrubs, so far

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

de curry GOAT posted:

Wemby certainly needs to get stronger

very few 22 year olds and younger don't

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

His rookie year he looked fine, good even! It's just he clearly wasn't going to help a team with championship aspirations, which a top pick will never do.

Then he got jerked around hard.

He's a really good candidate for a bounce back year.

Eh, I don't think Wiseman will ever amount to anything more than a bench big. He doesn't turn his hips well, has below-average hands, and doesn't really have any elite skill other than running fast in a straight line.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

He's pretty graceful/has decent handles for his size, but my god does he have hands of stone (and somewhat below-average BBIQ). A death sentence in Kerr's eyes.

This is unrelated specifically to Wiseman, but I have a few tiers of handles:

A) split double teams effortlessly
B) drive in traffic without getting stripped
C) beat single coverage
D) can sprint and dribble in transition without losing control
F) should never take more than a single power dribble

I don't think a big's "relative" handles are actually noteworthy unless the are at least in tier C. If they can beat single coverage, cool, that's useful a lot of the time. Especially if they have other players on the team that give enough space to make sure they don't have to worry about dribbling into traffic.

However, if they ever become good enough at actually beating single coverage with their dribble, teams will be sending help and I have seen that lead to so many strips on bigs who are generally considered to have "good handles, for their size". At that point, their handles start to have extremely niche usage until they can keep their dribble in traffic.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Every single one of the Hornets guards need to be fired into the sun

Sadly, they are both still on rookie 1st round contracts.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Is there a single thing Wiseman does better than Duren?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels consistently getting to the rim and consistently missing their layups.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

i am a moron posted:

I didn’t watch Wemby kicking all that rear end because summer league is poo poo that should be cancelled

then get out of this thread

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Seabron can't loving finish despite how open his self-created shots are. smh

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/Dubs408/status/1678245984986624000?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

You're welcome Pelicans fans, the Warriors haven't scored since I turned the game on. E: therewas that while I was posting.

That's ok. The Pels were actually able to convert on easy buckets when you tuned in when that had been a struggle most of the night. The defense has been mostly solid, tbh.

Also, this Warriors SL squad likes to take charges rather than contest drives.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Nop GSW

Hawkins cannot break the habit of spacing to the college 3pt line

I think this is something the Pels will be able to break him of since they have already been working on getting their shooters ready to take 3s from a couple feet behind the line in order to improve spacing.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Orlando pacers

Listening to Zeke call summer league games is true pain

He was so bad that it was affecting my enjoyment of having SL games on as background noise.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dyson Daniels still can't shoot from mid-range or distance, but his handle and scoring at the rim has been much improved from last Summer League for him. Not as much progress as I would have liked, but it his progress. He is definitely playing like an adult out there at 20.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
lol Pels are about to start losing to that Hornets squad

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Hawkins just had an incredible putback dunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1680685390582145024?s=20