Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

syntaxfunction posted:

Maybe now is the time for goons to get together and make the Zybourne Clock real! Surely now it can happen :v:

Congrats on unknowingly being sorta weirdly niche internet famous OP :kimchi:

I'll be the ideas guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I do not believe this OP

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Solus posted:

I do not believe this OP

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me--can't get fooled again heh heh heh.

rexymeteorite
Jul 4, 2023

Solus posted:

I do not believe this OP

That’s fine. I expected that reaction. I wish there was a way to prove it. I didn’t think to keep anything. I just wanted as much distance as possible.

rexymeteorite
Jul 4, 2023

ChickenHeart posted:

I'll be the ideas guy

After what I watched about CWC, I don’t think anyone wants the dishonor of being an “idea guy”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel like Adam Jensen is basically Johnny Five-Aces at least visually.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel like Adam Jensen is basically Johnny Five-Aces at least visually.

adam jensen

aces johnny

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

He literally has bionic sunglasses

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

some indie game also made a johnny five-aces cameo

rexymeteorite
Jul 4, 2023

dervival posted:

some indie game also made a johnny five-aces cameo

drat that is so cool.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ChickenHeart posted:

I'll be the ideas guy

making the wiki rn

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Does somebody have the "Goon Projects" picture of Johnny holding a massive tankard and the basecap ninja from Demon Rush holding two foxtail saws, and they're doing a big booty bump. tia

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still love the pic with Johnny falling from the exploding zeppelin along with the guy with an old timey camera.

Zybourne Clock feels like some weird IRL case of a video game or piece of media you'd see as in-universe fiction in something.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still love the pic with Johnny falling from the exploding zeppelin along with the guy with an old timey camera.

Personally this one is my favorite,

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You ever feel like you are beholding a perfect object, that needs and can have no improvement?

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

They sold like 40 or 50 prints of the Johnny Fiveaces art when the auction was going on & im so glad I own one. Maybe even fewer, the store has 58 sales and some are just a playing card with Johnny's signature.

He watches over my gaming and working from home :clint:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rexymeteorite posted:

I'm not lying. I still have the credentials for the Rex Meteorite account, even tried to log in to it. But its has long since been locked due to inactivity.

not sure about that one op

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35850

account looks raring to go. i can even send PMs to it. presumably if you have the credentials you can contact an admin and get reinstated?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

rexymeteorite posted:

I would say "theres a frontpage?!?!?!?!" but that used to get you banned

You should try accessing https://www.somethingawful.com for a surprise

rexymeteorite
Jul 4, 2023

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

not sure about that one op

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35850

account looks raring to go. i can even send PMs to it. presumably if you have the credentials you can contact an admin and get reinstated?

That’s me. I tried logging in to it yesterday, got a “Account deactivated due to inactivity”. I tried clicking the link to reactiviate the account but got some sort of error like the page is missing.

rexymeteorite fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 4, 2023

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

sounds like the forum software alright

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

haha, radium code :piss:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

rexymeteorite posted:

That’s me. I tried logging in to it yesterday, got a “Account deactivated due to inactivity”. I tried clicking the link to reactiviate the account but got some sort of error like the page is missing.

Email admin@somethingawful and they’ll fix you.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Radiu.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

It's just not him without the Bulge

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Cheers op

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's ok op you probably had more fun than if you'd spent the last 19 years making games out of megabytes and megabytes of plaintext if-else statements

rexymeteorite
Jul 4, 2023

No Butt Stuff posted:

Email admin@somethingawful and they’ll fix you.

Thanks I’ll give this a shot. It’d be awesome to have my old account back.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

rexymeteorite posted:

Thanks I’ll give this a shot. It’d be awesome to have my old account back.

i'll have a look

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Pfft.

Rex Meteorite
Apr 19, 2003
Hi everyone!

Good to be back. My rexymeteorite account is now retired. I just checked my messages and someone offered me 120 dollars in 2012 to buy Zybourne Clock lmao

Edit: aww man my weird ghost avatar thing is broken.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rex Meteorite posted:

Hi everyone!

Good to be back. My rexymeteorite account is now retired. I just checked my messages and someone offered me 120 dollars in 2012 to buy Zybourne Clock lmao

that's 158.96 in 2023 dollars you would have been rich

Rex Meteorite
Apr 19, 2003

sebmojo posted:

that's 158.96 in 2023 dollars you would have been rich

Dude had I been here I would have taken that person up on their offer so fast. I was a sophomore in college in 2012 and coulda used the scratch.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Johnny Fiveaces, under the pseudonym sebmojo, rescued Rex Meteorite from the fate of Harvey Zoo-Zoos

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 5, 2023

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I was obsessed with this video for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7hElo-fSj0

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

person, please. that pfft had a family

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Is there any truth to the rumors of a 5th ball or a 6th ace?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

rexymeteorite posted:

Oh Christ, lord knows what I was thinking back then. It was a very long time ago, almost half my lifetime. I couldn’t really tell you what me or the other people were thinking about. I had disorganized ideas, half imagined one dimensional characters, a plot twist that everyone would have seen coming (all the party members die in a WoB/WoR type mid game world changing event), a few character concepts that were actually competent, and a rough rough outline for battle mechanics. We sort of had an aesthetic direction, a couple of concepts and more enthusiasm than experience. Recipe for disaster.

I wish I could tell you more about what we had planned, but it really wasn’t much of anything by the time I had left.

So you wanted to remake Final Fantasy VI. There are worse ambitions.

And hell, yeah, maybe it all crashed and burned for you, but at least you tried. Everyone starts somewhere. Sometimes it does go somewhere. Toby Fox, who oversaw the creation of the popular indy games Undertale and Deltarune, first caught some notice via a rom hack of Earthbound he did, the "Halloween Hack", which was considered very impressive for its time but in retrospect is full of clear immature decisions and cringe (he did make it in his mid teens) alongside the potential he developed into his own IPs.

And heck, Zybourne Clock's failure is still about a thousand times better than what ended up happening to CWC.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Rex Meteorite posted:

Hi everyone!

Welcome back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Kharnifex posted:

I was obsessed with this video for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7hElo-fSj0

A great showcase of how little actual work had been done