Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I was on the pixel art team for Zybourne Clock, except whoever ran the off-site forum where everything was managed thought it was a good idea to section off the different teams (concept art, writing, pixel art, etc) into their own subforums and give them no access to the other teams' posts. So the only direction me and OMG ITZ JAMES ever got for pixel art was "just make some monsters and stuff", but we had no idea what the setting of the game was or what kind of monsters there should be and I never made anything for it.

The ironic part is "just make some monsters and stuff" is what I'm known for as an artist these days :tipshat:

That's my Zybourne Clock story

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Also it's worth noting that current day BYOB is not the BYOB that did Zybourne Clock. BYOB was shut down for a few years shortly after ZC and when it was brought back it had a completely different group of posters and vibe. New BYOB is better than old BYOB as a forum but doesn't have the great failures of oldBYOB like Zybourne Clock, the Chillaxe, RZNV, etc

speaking of RZNV here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_S3sd5JzU

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 10, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That might have been it, I just remember trying to view the other forums to pick up some info about what I was supposed to draw and I couldn't view them.

What's funny is that the actual failure of Zybourne Clock wasn't much different from most other goon projects that failed, and it probably would have been an (ironic) hit if it came out. If you ever want to Kickstarter the reboot or whatever I'll do art :hellyeah: it could be a fun thing to revisit and make an actual tongue in cheek game out of.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm dead serious that I would love to make a tongue in cheek Zybourne Clock game

I still make pixel art:

and I still make dumb rpgmaker games that I never finish:
https://i.imgur.com/KYJrvZw.mp4

and goddamnit I need a job

But also I know for sure I don't have the attention span to make an entire game by myself lmao I just want to do art and maybe some dialogue

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 10, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If you pitch in $500 to the development of the Zybourne Clock reboot I will draw you an electrozeppelin and you can fly that zeppelin when the game comes out