Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Total bullshit. Got to clear a little space so you take off the tail. And then what the hell are you supposed to do with the tail? You can sort of put it to the side but it ends up back in the pasta. Just an incredible detriment to the overall dining experience. It's time we stood up and said "No more!" Who's with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Does anyone else eat prawns/shrimp skin on? It's like potato, that's where all the flavour are.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

Does anyone else eat prawns/shrimp skin on? It's like potato, that's where all the flavour are.

yo you incorporate the shells into your sauce and strain them out you don't just eat them, juesus

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Tail on shrimp in any food is trash if you're not already eating it with your hands

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Total bullshit. Got to clear a little space so you take off the tail. And then what the hell are you supposed to do with the tail? You can sort of put it to the side but it ends up back in the pasta. Just an incredible detriment to the overall dining experience. It's time we stood up and said "No more!" Who's with me?

Suck my dick, you fuckman.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
More tail for me, mate.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Gotta eat the skin. Makes your hair curly.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

When they put whole roasted peanuts in my pasta I just eat them shell-n-all

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

strange there's supposed to be an OP here but all i hear is goo goo ga ga baby nonsense, probably by a baby

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

crust-on sandwich in mother's basement

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
You're supposed to suck the meat out with your teeth and tongue and then spit the tail into the spittoon provided.

If the restaurant thoughtlessly neglected to provide a spittoon, you are within your rights to spit it into any receptacle within spitting distance.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

the same people that eat shrimp tails are the same ones that eat rear end without showering first

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice
No more

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Shellfish is trash food anyway. Why would I want to eat something that makes my throat itch.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Mods please combine this thread with the eating peanut shell thread.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Pinching the head, eating the tail...

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

So I goes to the Feast of the Seven Fishes and this cocksucker has the loving balls to serve only six fishes. Needless to say I put two in the back of his loving head and dumped him in a barrel in Sheepshead Bay. loving jerkoff.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Use the tails for stock, duh

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

TK8325 posted:

Shellfish is trash food anyway. Why would I want to eat something that makes my throat itch.

I have some news for you about your health.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Tail on shrimp is bullshit

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
shrimp = pimp
lobster = mobster

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Slowly insert the shrimp inside me

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Everyone knows the legs are where all the shrimp flavor is

just gimme a bowl stuffed to the brim with spindly shrimp legs

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
You can do Chinese salt+pepper shrimp shell-on, you just have to use shrimp small enough that the shell fries up crispy and you can eat the whole thing

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Imagine raping the sea for hideous little bugs and then complaining about the inconvenience of eating them smdh

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The tail is the best part

CgiBinLaden
Mar 11, 2001
It's not a tail, it's a crustacean spoiler.

It has a number of uses that you may not think of.

1. It allows you to see how shrimp were in your pasta. Often restaurants will put additional tails in the pasta to make it look like you had more, so as you bite through the shrimp poop chute and place it on the rim of the bowl, take note.
2. It provides a weaponized leave-behind in the event the date goes poorly and you're not driving. You have a load of shrimp tails in a poorly sealed styrofoam container, which you can deftly slide beneath the seat of your date's car to find four months later.
3. They are fairly aerodynamic and will flutter to the ground like a sycamore seed. This is great for entertaining small children and simple adults at the table.
4. It can be used as an impromptu toothpick to clean the space between your teeth.
5. It can be used as an impromptu nail cleaner to clear the buttery and garlic slag beneath your fingernails.
6. They are easy to punch through, and therefore make wonderful additions to any earrings.
7. You can quickly suck them in and out of your mouth and pretend to be a Yuan-Ti.
8. Placing them in a splayed deck of cards design, they can provide a consistent breeze of shrimpy air in even the most stuffiest restaurant.
9. They work better than folded pieces of paper for table football.
10. You can put them on the ends of your fingers and re-enact The Shape of Water with your wife/husband/sugar-person.

The shrimp tail, nature's dining room leatherman.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Goons sucking poo poo directly out of the shrimp’s rear end in a top hat.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Am I the only goddamned moron who eats fried shrimp whole, tail and all?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Costco Meatballs posted:

yo you incorporate the shells into your sauce and strain them out you don't just eat them, juesus

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Shredder posted:

the same people that eat shrimp tails are the same ones that eat rear end without showering first

what the hell? I don't eat shrimp tails

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

You Are A Elf posted:

one time a group of friends in high school were over at a friends house and we made a box of those sea-pak breaded shrimp in the oven. When we were standing in the kitchen eating them, one kid scoffed and said "you guys don't eat the tails??" It was quickly determined he was the weird one

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

poo poo like that is why I stick with a nice pizza

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Haverchuck posted:

one time a group of friends in high school were over at a friends house and we made a box of those sea-pak breaded shrimp in the oven. When we were standing in the kitchen eating them, one kid scoffed and said "you guys don't eat the tails??" It was quickly determined he was the weird one

I didn’t call myself a goddamned moron for nothing :v:

The Moon Monster posted:

poo poo like that is why I stick with a nice pizza

Would.

Bonerclese
Apr 28, 2007
BONERCLESE CARES NOT FOR BEANS!

You Are A Elf posted:

Fried shrimp tail is the chip of the sea

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

my dog likes the tails (and exoskellies)

edit ^^ dried seaweed is the chips of the sea

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What if it adds more flavor to what would otherwise be a bland sauce OP?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

This made me physically ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

i don't like sea insects op