Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

20 Blunts posted:

Everything Diddy ever did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
There was a whole album where Machine Head went rap-metal for a bit and it wasn't well received, and then they followed it up with a stinker that had a bonus track complaining about people not liking it (Ten Fold), then the guitarist they picked up from Ill Nino left and they went back to something closer to their old style.

Then they repeated the same thing with Catharsis, which had some writing that was so bad that their guitarist quit over it, wrote another song complaining about people not liking it (Do or Die) and then went back to their old style again.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

20 Blunts posted:

Everything Diddy ever did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbJO59nWQRU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
last person who kissed you: i don't kiss and tell..
last time you cried: heard wonderwall on the radio today
childhood crush: ash ketchum
dream job: homo omg kyle got on my facebook. toilet cleaner (lol katie :P)
favourite music: anything but RAP and COUNTRY!!!

SEND THIS TO A FRIEND TO ANSER AND PUT ON THEIR WALL

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the friday song

e: looks like it was already said, however, emphasis is warranted

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

AndrewP posted:

Umbrella is an almost perfect pop song that did not need Jay Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM30TIkjsjA

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I thought that New York song (where dreams are made of, where uhhh you can aspire... I don't know the lyrics) but there's a version that includes a huge rap part in the middle, and I thought that was kind of jarring and contrasting in a way that the music part and the rap part aren't complementary of one another.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
If it's the Alisha Keys one I agree

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Nooner posted:

Debbie Harry gotta be like in top 3 of 80s Babe perfection

Until you hear her speaking voice and she sounds like a Bensonhurst truck driver.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Szyznyk posted:

Until you hear her speaking voice and she sounds like a Bensonhurst truck driver.

and?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Szyznyk posted:

that'll just help you last longer

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

bossy lady posted:

N 2 gether now had method man on it :mad:

Shut the gently caress up

credburn posted:

I thought that New York song (where dreams are made of, where uhhh you can aspire... I don't know the lyrics) but there's a version that includes a huge rap part in the middle, and I thought that was kind of jarring and contrasting in a way that the music part and the rap part aren't complementary of one another.

That song is embarrassingly terrible, and its popularity is inexplicable (edit: it's called "Empire State of Mind" and it's by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys, just saying)

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Hey you, the Rocksteady Crew

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Idk I like it. At least the base song. Gives me goosebumps.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The US release of Amy Winehouse's Back to Black ends with a reprise of You Know I'm No Good mashed up with Ghostface Killah rapping which, why

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Playing Good Charlotte and ICP on rotation to mess with the purists

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Lil bit of Baby Shark and ABC'c

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

YeahTubaMike posted:

That song is embarrassingly terrible, and its popularity is inexplicable (edit: it's called "Empire State of Mind" and it's by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys, just saying)

Right place, right time. It caught fire on release in Fall 2009 because the NY Yankees had a postseason run and won the world series. It was playing everywhere, all the time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ProperCoochie posted:

Right place, right time. It caught fire on release in Fall 2009 because the NY Yankees had a postseason run and won the world series. It was playing everywhere, all the time.

Even a song that was literally just "Baby Shark" but with "N-Y-C" instead would be better than "Empire State of Mind". I loving hate that song from the bottom of my heart.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
MCLovin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Baby sympathy do do New York

It's OK but I prefere pearl ham

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My coolest music adventure is that I saw Rush before Neil Pert died, and I can sing to Dixie Chicks or Soundgardenl

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

mf doom's discography

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Mudvayne was my first and Daddy X stepped on my fingertips uwo

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5VzxK2Bb4Q

funge it

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

most 90s rap was insanely boring and thank god for NWA and biggie and DMX to a smaller degree

even outkast pre-stankonia had some pretty forgettable filler

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Konar posted:

GBS hating rap well well well some things never change huh

Nah, I love rap and random white musicians who didn't understand the first thing about the genre shoehorning it into poo poo sucks rear end

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Marshal Mathews slaps I love Eminemm

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
RIP Coolio you sure did toss your shoes at us between Gangsta Paridise and Chicken Huntin

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Eat poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i80M_oQZfk

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Katy Perry does it all the time and every song is worse off for it

It's a miracle she left Teenage Dream alone

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
This isn’t really rap I guess but Sia’s Cheap Thrills so is much better without Sean Paul ruining the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApCuuLHeNnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYh-n7EOtMA

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hJ1E7JFw64

Seamingly

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Evanescence barely plays Bring Me To Life because Amy Lee got forced to add the rap section by the record company apparently

https://killyourstereo.com/news/amy-lee-shares-why-evanescence-didnt-play-bring-me-to-life-for-years/jY0zgYCDgoU/03-04-23

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

white pony by deftones is one of my favorite rock albums but there is a re-released version of it that contains a really terrible version of pink maggit called "back to school (mini maggit)" as the first track, which according to chino is something the record company forced them to do. its pretty bad maybe their worst song, just pure late 90's angry nu metal rockrap poo poo, and as much as i love chino, he's not a good rapper.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I haven't seen that Eminem video basically since it came out and 1) it's better than I remember and 2) why the hell is there a stuffed Bill The Cat from the Bloom County comic strip in there?

Is he a fan? Snuck it by a PA? It's so weird

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lol goddamn i forgot how terrible that song is

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Toxic Mental posted:

most 90s rap was insanely boring and thank god for NWA and biggie and DMX to a smaller degree

even outkast pre-stankonia had some pretty forgettable filler
90's rap is amazing, like so much of it. what the hell man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhb8CPXRVCg

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Earwicker posted:

white pony by deftones is one of my favorite rock albums but there is a re-released version of it that contains a really terrible version of pink maggit called "back to school (mini maggit)" as the first track, which according to chino is something the record company forced them to do. its pretty bad maybe their worst song, just pure late 90's angry nu metal rockrap poo poo, and as much as i love chino, he's not a good rapper.

I was sort of scoffing along at the cringiness of this thread and how "rap ruined music" is an otherwise really lovely boomerfied take, until I read this post.

That version was also the one getting heaps of radio play and got Deftones pigeon-holed into a Nu Metal designation by alot of "serious music guys". loving amazing album otherwise though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crazy Town - Butterfly, wonderful song except for the rapping.