Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

never left the basement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

garfield hentai posted:

i have a riddle for the thread

what has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three at night?

give it your best shot!

Man. Although hands aren’t legs and a cane isn’t legs so it was always a dumbass riddle.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
we should really do something about this black mold problem but then id have nothing to blame my mental state on

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I had a good day walking around and flipping over shells on the ground looking for critters

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I got a led ropelight and 2 bottles of cough syrup. Throw on the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake and let's shoot the airsoft guns at the paint buckets in the corner.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Did y'all check for that there radon?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

When are we posting goon dungeons

cheezel
Feb 23, 2011
I've been blowing up this kiddy pool for hours, who's ferrying in the water?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

Man. Although hands aren’t legs and a cane isn’t legs so it was always a dumbass riddle.

im sorry but the answer is "time"

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Ah, time. The flat squircle that crushes even planets, stars and memories 'twixt it's jaws. What an rear end in a top hat

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Check out my sweet twin bed and brass grandma lamp from 1962 right next to this massive mound of dirt hiding behind a vapor barrier.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Where’s the basement in relation to the backrooms?

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m the techbro that stretches their finances to buy a 5 bedroom 2.5 bath three level home done in a funky modernist open floor plan with high ceilings and a big weird staircase designed to look expensive when you walk in the front door

no one ever walks in the front door, there are no sidewalks in the HOA anyway- they come through the garage past the water heater and trash and into the kitchen

the walk out basement is fully furnished and is as big as a normal house, and no one ever goes down there because it’s cold year round because the big weird staircase is like an ice tunnel making the cost of heat as much as mortgage in a more modest house

the last owners left a pool table down there no one uses

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

naem posted:

I’m the techbro that stretches their finances to buy a 5 bedroom 2.5 bath three level home done in a funky modernist open floor plan with high ceilings and a big weird staircase designed to look expensive when you walk in the front door

no one ever walks in the front door, there are no sidewalks in the HOA anyway- they come through the garage past the water heater and trash and into the kitchen

the walk out basement is fully furnished and is as big as a normal house, and no one ever goes down there because it’s cold year round because the big weird staircase is like an ice tunnel making the cost of heat as much as mortgage in a more modest house

the last owners left a pool table down there no one uses

Brutal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've got a sweet workout/weightlifting/dojang down in the basement.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

garfield hentai posted:

check out this sick rear end robot

this looks like some chrome hounds poo poo. hell yeah.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

redshirt posted:

wtf

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

may i come over?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the basement is for blasting cigs, lines, drinking, doing drugs, and other unsavory poo poo along those lines. health? fitness? we do not "gently caress with" that type of thing here in the new basement thread: ground floor. kindly take that sort of salubrious behavior elsewhere

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

thathonkey posted:

the basement is for blasting cigs, lines, drinking, doing drugs, and other unsavory poo poo along those lines. health? fitness? we do not "gently caress with" that type of thing here in the new basement thread: ground floor. kindly take that sort of salubrious behavior elsewhere

Got these big window fans that suck all the air out to keep the basement workout space dry and tight and ready for the next group.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

may i come over?

If you wish to join the Dojang. Which is no simple thing.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

What're the basement rules regarding screen looking on Goldeneye multiplayer? Is it frowned upon or is it all part of the game?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA DIBS ON THE PERSONAL TRAMPOLINE gently caress YEAH YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHH

FITNESS? TO HELL WITH FITNESS, I JUST LOVE BOUNCING WHEEEEEEEEE

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SatansOnion posted:

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA DIBS ON THE PERSONAL TRAMPOLINE gently caress YEAH YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHH

FITNESS? TO HELL WITH FITNESS, I JUST LOVE BOUNCING WHEEEEEEEEE

Bouncing promotes strong bones.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've never been in a basement or lived in a region that had basements.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Unless this thread counts as a basement

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
homes dont have basements here

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

JSmithOTI posted:

What're the basement rules regarding screen looking on Goldeneye multiplayer? Is it frowned upon or is it all part of the game?

house rules. you can do anything you want, so long as you don't get caught

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've never been in a basement or lived in a region that had basements.

How about a root cellar? A storm cellar?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

There's a restaurant here that's nothing but a little manhole hatch in a grassy knoll you enter and it's an extremely expensive seafood basement inside whose entire gimmick is being in a basement, but I've never been because I'm not rich and don't like seafood.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The basement at my grand parent's Victorian home, built around 1905 was a legendary hang-out for me and my siblings and cousins when we'd visit for Thanksgiving.

Two rooms; first was down the sketchy staircase from above, dirt floor and we later learned of the secret room where bootleg booze from prohibition, the fine silverware, and some shotguns and deer hunting rifles were stored. My cousins and I would not touch the hooch for fear of dying but we definitely played with the guns. No ammo thankfully. Also there was a bullet hole in ceiling where an uncle had accidently fired a rifle round as a kid. It had gone up through the ceiling into the kitchen. The damage in the kitchen was repaired but the basement ceiling was never fixed.

The second room was the hangout. Two mattresses on the crappy carpet floor, a couple of chairs, and also a small door into the crawlspace under the entire house that had about 4' clearance. All the cousins would hang out down there to get away from the adults. There was a lovely cassette player; but it worked. Lots of dancing like idiots. Also there was a box of probably 500 of those green plastic army men from the 1940's. We'd stage huge combat setups with the little plastic guys everywhere.

As the cousins, siblings, and I all got into our teens we of course used the room for drinking alcohol and smoking weed. Lots of incense burning. The local booze shop, about a block away would totally sell to kids. We'd send in the oldest looking cousin (~17 years old), but there was never a problem getting a case of beer. We'd store the beer in the crawlspace where it was nice and cool.

Parents didn't care too much; they knew what was up, but they were doing the same stuff upstairs (minus the weed) and were just glad we were hanging out without getting into any real trouble.

Lots of good times in that old musky basement.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hey cool

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I remembered that thread where a goon asked for advice on heating his indoor pool so I image searched for goon basement pool.

Found it! Unless this is a different goon basement? I'm pretty sure I remember the light above the pool.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Blow posted:

I remembered that thread where a goon asked for advice on heating his indoor pool so I image searched for goon basement pool.

Found it! Unless this is a different goon basement? I'm pretty sure I remember the light above the pool.

That's it. It obviously ended well too.....

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Man I asked for the pool on page 1 and just now you're showing me?

I'm not getting in now, there's no room.

Gonna sit on this unfolded laundry in the corner and watch the beams rot.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://twitter.com/ultraslut/status/1677880320001994752?s=46&t=oql5ML5-7u4J72W8bn7HAw

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DeSantis Could

- Desantis 2024

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

get a dehumidifier down there immediately, put some carpet down, if it's bare concrete at least paint it a nice color, it'll be warm in the winter and cool in the summer so at least it has that going for it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I smoke weed in my basement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Internetjack posted:

The basement at my grand parent's Victorian home, built around 1905 was a legendary hang-out for me and my siblings and cousins when we'd visit for Thanksgiving.

Two rooms; first was down the sketchy staircase from above, dirt floor and we later learned of the secret room where bootleg booze from prohibition, the fine silverware, and some shotguns and deer hunting rifles were stored. My cousins and I would not touch the hooch for fear of dying but we definitely played with the guns. No ammo thankfully. Also there was a bullet hole in ceiling where an uncle had accidently fired a rifle round as a kid. It had gone up through the ceiling into the kitchen. The damage in the kitchen was repaired but the basement ceiling was never fixed.

The second room was the hangout. Two mattresses on the crappy carpet floor, a couple of chairs, and also a small door into the crawlspace under the entire house that had about 4' clearance. All the cousins would hang out down there to get away from the adults. There was a lovely cassette player; but it worked. Lots of dancing like idiots. Also there was a box of probably 500 of those green plastic army men from the 1940's. We'd stage huge combat setups with the little plastic guys everywhere.

As the cousins, siblings, and I all got into our teens we of course used the room for drinking alcohol and smoking weed. Lots of incense burning. The local booze shop, about a block away would totally sell to kids. We'd send in the oldest looking cousin (~17 years old), but there was never a problem getting a case of beer. We'd store the beer in the crawlspace where it was nice and cool.

Parents didn't care too much; they knew what was up, but they were doing the same stuff upstairs (minus the weed) and were just glad we were hanging out without getting into any real trouble.

Lots of good times in that old musky basement.

tl;dr