Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

swearing to leave the suburbs behind forever, I leave my parents house in my 20’s after college for THE BIG CITY for my parents to then sell the family home

I then live in BIG CITIES forever, leaving behind all basements and the quiet damp comfort they provided, as my life become a series of non stop liminal spaces I am only passing through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m the crawl space under the new addition where the ground floor master bedroom suite was added

you can kinda squint through the gap from the actual basement part of the basement and there is a landscape of cinder locks and raw dirt visible where there used to be a window

it’s the platonic ideal spider breeding ground

when good spiders, who have fully met their moral responsibilities in this life are reborn, it is here, under the plastic vapor barrier tarps

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m the split level ranch with a walk out finished basement and two car garage your parents just bought

they’ve made clear that the upstairs living room with the new nice furniture is NOT FOR SITTING and the tv is downstairs in the FAMILY ROOM with the old furniture we don’t want people seeing

but the house is built into a hill and you walk in downstairs anyway also no one ever comes over

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m the techbro that stretches their finances to buy a 5 bedroom 2.5 bath three level home done in a funky modernist open floor plan with high ceilings and a big weird staircase designed to look expensive when you walk in the front door

no one ever walks in the front door, there are no sidewalks in the HOA anyway- they come through the garage past the water heater and trash and into the kitchen

the walk out basement is fully furnished and is as big as a normal house, and no one ever goes down there because it’s cold year round because the big weird staircase is like an ice tunnel making the cost of heat as much as mortgage in a more modest house

the last owners left a pool table down there no one uses

naem
May 29, 2011

my wife’s boyfriend love huge green grapes basement