Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

dioxazine posted:

the soviets used a chef's knife surplus mosin-nagant bayonet from ww2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

dioxazine posted:

the soviets used a speznatz trench shovel

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Vitamix and KitchenAid are two of the few remaining appliances where the construction impresses me.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
kitchenaid does not make quality big appliances - dishwasher, fridge, etc. their mixers were bad for a bit - they went to using nylon gears that broke in their mixers (there is an astonishing amount of grease inside one of those) but now they’re good again.

i kinda want to get one of the cute baby 3qt models to leave on the counter

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

mediaphage posted:

kitchenaid does not make quality big appliances - dishwasher, fridge, etc. their mixers were bad for a bit - they went to using nylon gears that broke in their mixers (there is an astonishing amount of grease inside one of those) but now they’re good again.

i kinda want to get one of the cute baby 3qt models to leave on the counter

ooh, i didn't realize kitchenaid mixers weren't bad anymore. we have an old one and it's a warhorse, glad to hear if it ever goes out (unlikely) there's a way to reasonably replace it now

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

well-read undead posted:

ooh, i didn't realize kitchenaid mixers weren't bad anymore. we have an old one and it's a warhorse, glad to hear if it ever goes out (unlikely) there's a way to reasonably replace it now

in fairness i haven’t bought a new one for a while since i could fix mine but this is my understanding of it. generally i think like their 7qt pro models are a safe bet, the 5qt and smaller may be iffier but if you aren’t doing stiff doughs you’ll never have to worry about it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

stiff and doughy, eh? well i'm your guy i guess

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I specifically meant the mixers and left that part out in my post.

I didn't know they had a bad phase. Any idea when that was?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

TerminalRaptor posted:

I specifically meant the mixers and left that part out in my post.

I didn't know they had a bad phase. Any idea when that was?

i got my mixer in the 00s so sometime probably between 2000 and now, i don't know a lot about but there was definitely some complaints about the plastic gears.

though again for many many people thats actually fine, the issue is just knowing what kind of stuff you're likely to make (still not an excuse mind you i'm always mad about appliance enshittification)

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Internet Old One posted:

Nothing. I have a Ninja that’s a blender, food processor, and mixer. You have the change out the bowls and blades and push buttons.

mediaphage posted:

look i’ll just myself as a blender snob but the ninja does not compare to a vitamix or blendtec period. i think they may have a more robust single unit now but that nonsense with the multi blades for example is a gimmick

now you may not give a poo poo about the extra processing that a vitamix or blendtec can do and that’s also fine

we don't have a lot of counter space for both things, i was kinda wondering if there was an acceptable all-in-one, the ninja sounds like that. i would want it to be decent quality though. a dedicated tool is always better, but i'm also drawn to the dremel ethos of "look, anytime you need a high speed low torque motor, use this, we got alllll types of spinamathings for it"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i could see dremel making an immersion blender attachment

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

we don't have a lot of counter space for both things, i was kinda wondering if there was an acceptable all-in-one, the ninja sounds like that. i would want it to be decent quality though. a dedicated tool is always better, but i'm also drawn to the dremel ethos of "look, anytime you need a high speed low torque motor, use this, we got alllll types of spinamathings for it"

well it’s kinda like what are you going to make with it? i think a lot of people like the idea of a blender for example but don’t use it very much. a food processor is pretty versatile though again often doesn’t get used a lot. if you want something that mostly chops small things or makes small batches of hummus, kitchenaid makes a small wireless food processor that is shockingly capable (not a huge amount of battery life though enough to get through hummus ime). you could fit that sucker in a drawer and still get a blender for example

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
update: my piece of poo poo samsung refrigerator has finally broken. Apparently a box that keeps things cold isnt something they know how to make very well.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

update: my piece of poo poo samsung refrigerator has finally broken. Apparently a box that keeps things cold isnt something they know how to make very well.

can’t say i’m surprised. sorry you have to spend money on a new icebox. congrats that you get to get rid of that piece of poo poo!

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

rotor posted:

aren't you out on the open road? delegate fridge replacement to the rude teenager.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

simply give your teenage son your credit card and ask him to select a new large appliance for your home, what could possibly go wrong

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
it certainly couldn't be worse than before

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

that's how you get a gamer fridge

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well-read undead posted:

that's how you get a gamer fridge

now that i know gamer dishwashers exist i have to assume gamer refrigerators exist too, must be ever vigilant

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

now that i know gamer dishwashers exist

this was so funny lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

nudgenudgetilt posted:

aren't you out on the open road?

literally just got home then immediately left for home depot

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTix8V58l8s

stop resisting old man
embrace the horrible future
it beckons to you

[edit]
this started autoplaying right after, telling you never to buy sarnsung or lg which is probably good advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IHoODx-mmM

r u ready to WALK fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 30, 2023

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

mediaphage posted:

look i’ll just myself as a blender snob but the ninja does not compare to a vitamix or blendtec period. i think they may have a more robust single unit now but that nonsense with the multi blades for example is a gimmick

now you may not give a poo poo about the extra processing that a vitamix or blendtec can do and that’s also fine

Nah I bought it because the size and color fit my kitchen, multi-functionality, and reasonably high quality and power.

I’m totally aware there is a master tier of blender above it but until I get robot legs I benefit more from a mixer than the ability to make brick and ball bearing smoothies.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

they patched my oven! maybe it stops crashing now

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

post hole digger posted:

simply give your teenage son your credit card and ask him to select a new large appliance for your home, what could possibly go wrong

this was how my mom chose the livign room TV and then complained to me that it sucks rear end for years

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

r u ready to WALK posted:

they patched my oven! maybe it stops crashing now

never connect your appliances to the Internet wtf man

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

“let me just flash my ovens bios”

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
statements dreamed up by the utterly deranged

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

this casserole is burnt, i must need a firmware update

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the casserole is plenty firm by then

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

gonna overclock my oven and get this turkey done in an hour!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

oh no!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

pentium 4 that is also a sous vide

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i got phished while trying to bake a frozen pizza and now my treasured family recipes are for sale on the dark web

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

toaster oven got hit by ransomware and now i have to pay $10 to get my tater tots

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the TOS on my blender got updated and now i cant make a smoothie without watching 3 ads first

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My fridge got hacked and it's constantly ordering Russian dressing on Amazon.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

my dishwasher says it costs 1,200 washbucks to enable the drying cycle

per load

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

product managers across the world are already racking their brains trying to come up with the next juicero with bing copilot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My fridge got hacked and it's constantly ordering Russian dressing on Amazon.

your wife is never going to believe that one