Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Give me Cyber Bo Rai Cho.

Give him nanobot farts and battery acid puke.

INITIATE VOMIT PROTOCOL, STANDBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLDSNvQjXe8&t=77s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

90sgamer posted:

I heard Jax is white in this game

And Sonia is black. Pulling the ol' switchaLiu on them.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Sockser posted:

Liu Kang personally did 9/11 in this timeline

A second fire dragon has hit the World Trade Center!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Wanderer posted:

The degree to which they hammered the reset button for MK11 right out of the gate makes me think it was some corporate overlord decision.

There is absolutely no way it wasn't an order from above from some nostalgia addled nerd. They set up a reboot universe, have a big passing-of-the-torch moment and set up future villains....and then toss it all away to reboot everything again with the same old characters.

Dawgstar posted:

Kounterpoint: The time travel stuff gave us Johnny meeting Young Johnny and being so embarrassed by the experience he wanted to kollapse into himself like a dying star.

Then Liu Kang came along and (what it looks like from what we know) fusion danced them together and called it a day.

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 30, 2023

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Aside from Kano and literal plot armor, I don't think I remember anything about the new MK movie. Unlike Annihilation, where every baffling decision is seared into my brain ever since I saw the movie in the cinemas as a kid. Why is there a network of giant hamster balls beneath the earth? Why is Shao Khan incapable of controlling the volume of his voice? Why is James Remar?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/unCAGEDgamez/status/1699841871529361825

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
It's cool that he's chilled out about himself enough to sign off on it, dude used to extremely anal about his image and I guarantee that young Van Damme wouldn't have done it unless fatalities were disabled on him or something along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMo1SUTal8

The full trailer dropped and yeah, his face looks really off. Though his voice performance seems passable.