Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Reptile was on the leaked list. I'm actually pretty certain all 5 ninjas from the Trilogy are going to be playable--Ermac is listed as DLC--for the first time since MK9. Hope they revert back to his "disguised" human form, his newer frogface sucked rear end.

Ed has decided to buy big in Lin Kuei stock, ninja stock, palette swap stock for Mortal Kombat One: The First Mortal Kombat Since 9 Where No "One" Will Complain About Where A Ninja Character Is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

personally I've given up on spoilertags since it's a time honored tradition for all of Mortal Kombat's characters to get leaked on day negative-100.

I'm actually most stoked to potentially get Baraka back since his return in MK11 was awesome, was so fun to play. The move where he impales you and then chops off his own bone blade is just hardcore.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's cool that Rain and Ermac both eventually made the transition from ninjas to warlocks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

going from peak Sonya in MK3 to the humorless cop that inhabited X/11 was the worst possible route. Even if it's not the MK3 version I'm glad this game gives us the Pat Benetar outfit

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sLJ-xyjMQo

Li Mei / Tanya / Baraka. Holy poo poo I can't believe they made Li Mei and Tanya look cool af.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1682535936691949568?s=20

Ermac looking deader than ever

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Alright, if Ashrah makes it into MK1, she needs the outfit from this movie.

100% this caped coat-suit with padded shoulders loving owns.

begging NRS to put Drahmin and Hsu Hao in as Kameos, it's time to go all the way with the 3D-era character rehabilitation

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm curious what the "multiverse/tower" setup will be for this game i.e. the single player challenges for unlocks and stuff. Beyond that also wondering how this game will look regarding little rewards and unlocks given that MK11 went to the max with intros/outros/costume sets/brutalities/etc. Guessing we'll get costumes again but with Kameos included in the mix, no idea if they'd do intro/outro stuff again as well.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if anything I'm glad it puts the latest fake leak going around to rest, which had loving Deathstroke and Harley Quinn listed as DLC Pack 2 fighters.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

watching some of the MK11 endings and man I hope Skarlet comes back, one of the most fun movesets in the game, killer design, total psychopath. Leave D'Vorah/Collector/Kotal behind, bring Skarlet back

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

D'Vorah is so different and freaky though.

I don't need like 8 versions of Sub-Zero. Oh, Sub-Zero but a girl, Sub-Zero but he's a robot, gently caress all that. Leave behind the 30 generic special forces people too.

I loved D'vorah in MKX but her moveset was hosed over so badly in MK11, idk what happened. She felt awful to play, a legit trash tier character. I also played a shitload of Kotal in both games but realize in storyline he's gotten jobbed out badly. I don't think even Reptile got hosed up as often lol.

I'd like to see the "new" woman Nightwolf hinted at in his ending, which likely isn't canon anymore in Liu Kang's world but at least now they can justify a totally new version

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fwiw this list is not that new and has been debunked by the original KP1 leakers and thank loving god because would you really want Deathstroke and Harley Quinn in this, like is this Mortal Kombat or the Injustice 3 Reject Dumping Ground.

lol though at a base character somehow being a Year Two Kameo, the most hilarious part of this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glad that Sareena pretty much finally quashes that dumbass rumored DLC pack

Havik looks loving sick. Ripping off his own arm to beat you with it lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the cyborgs are perfect Kameos because they have cool little moves and power ranger outfits but they are in no way interesting enough to be central characters. Just need a complete revival for shitzombie Drahmin now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jamesman posted:

I'm gonna miss Erron Black. He woulda ruled in the new timeline.

same but NRS proved they were incapable of animating a gunslinger or have his best moves be anything other than a flop dropkick or "using the butt of the gun"

Geras and Torr (assuming he is a Kameo as people have said) are cool picks for returning X/11 people.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crowetron posted:

Does anyone remember how they've handled pre-order bonus skins in the past? Do they become regularly available later? The Van Damme skin sounds fun, but the kombat pass doesn't interest me too much, so I'm not gonna drop an extra 30 bucks on a costume.

iirc Mortal Kombat 11 NEVER let you get the Deadly Alliance Sub-Zero after missing the preorder for it and Kold War Skarlet was forever stuck in Russia

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gavok posted:

Who does that leave?

Nitara and Reiko iirc. We've seen Reiko but Nitara has not been seen in any media yet.

Maybe it's just me but the animation for a lot of the characters looks incredibly improved from 11/X. A lot of characters now stepping into their attacks instead of just static kicks and "punching over a fence" animations, many moves just look way more fluid and active while moving around. Just watching Shao Kahn's stuff in that trailer and he's so much more mobile with his attacks than I've ever seen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

That had me wondering if Sindel is going to be a stance character in this game.

gotta do something with the leftover Poison Ivy animations lol

SUNKOS posted:

Motaro looks really good as a kameo. Isn't Goro one of the kameos as well? Actually seems like a good system for having some big characters like that without having to worry so much about making them work as an actual selectable character, and also an avenue to pursue some more outlandish designs in the future. I never played Mortal Kombat X but Ferra/Tor looked really cool and I hope they make an appearance as a kameo sometime as well.

I think Torr at the very least was rumored to be a Kameo, maybe a DLC one

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really love how kharacters all get little "abilities" i.e. shao kahn's whole gimmick with the axe, sindel controlling kameos, rain getting little portals to play with.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I'll miss thicc Sindel.

same, her design in MK11 was excellent. I think Kung Lao/Sindel were the two characters that looked awesome in the previous game and just look kind of lame in this one, tho I guess for Lao it's a given since he's a different relative/ancestor

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Megan Fox is Nitara

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8VyRhiWiE

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wanderer posted:

A lot of the game is apparently only going to arrive with the big day-one patch, which is in keeping with past games.

I don't blame them after every single DLC character for every NRS has gotten leaked ahead of time lol. I think the last time I was ever surprised by something was TMNT in Injustice 2

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Baraka and Reptile being on the hero side (I assume) is pretty cool. probably works out now that there's Reiko, Nitara, Havik, and Sindel shoring up the villains.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I was ok with stuff like Freddy and Jason since they kind of fit as horrordrome guest appearances with brutal streaks but since it's been veering heavier into superhero bullshit like Joker and all the guest characters of MK1 so far, I kind of loving hate this tradition now. half of the 6 DLC chars being "two evil supermen, and gun man" low key sucks rear end, would have rather gotten just like, Homelander Drahmin and Skarlet lol.

can anyone who watched story mode stuff answer in a simple spoiler'd yes or no if the final character in the game for the last slot is Kronika?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people love Reiko purely because of the "What If" ending that had him put on Shao Kahn's helmet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vakal posted:

Since this is a WB game, they should have took the nemesis system from Shadows of Mordor for Reiko, so every time get gets killed he comes back a little stronger.

seems like it fits Havik better considering he reconstructs his hosed up lich body constantly, I'd dig that

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

just good at fighting

in the realm of Mortal Kombat, this is the definitive quality. Although this doesn't explain how Kotal Kahn rose to power; dude got his rear end beat twice over

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Hey so I got the game early!

Here's some fancy intro dialogues for Mileena cause everyone likes those

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yaKm8AJ5Yc

enjoy

drat that is a loving cool Reiko alt outfit/helmet.

I hope it's easy to turbo-unlock the classic sub-zero/scorpion outfits. I miss the hooded look for them + they really had their best outfits in the last few games. I realize though that I have no idea what the outfit/skin/costume parts deal is gonna be with this game though---is it more piecemeal stuff to unlock and put on characters like Injustice 2, or will it be more like MK11's "you choose a skin and then 3 pieces of gear?"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sonya voice actress was so bad she got booted out of the next game.

honestly kind of relieved jax/jacqi/sonya/cassie aren't in this one as the image of characters doing fatalities do their kids just seemed like a bridge too far in the gore department. Granted we're getting Takeda anyway so ah well.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Smoke and Nitara were the most worthless inclusions in this game, goddamn they don't even have poo poo to do in the story mode and talk maybe 3 times each LOL. I at least understand Ronda voicing Sonya through a lot of story poo poo but Megan Fox literally got nothing. So on top of looking stupid they have combined less screentime than Tanya.

In terms of gear I have no idea why you only get one costume slot as opposed to 4 different costume slots, seems like such a basic-rear end thing to have but this game doesn't have it? You just change your look in the Kustom menu and that's it, that's the only one. What the gently caress lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think after playing for a bit I'm convinced the game was rushed to release to make a quarterly mark or something (as if the rushed marketing and Kasts wasn't evidence enough / putting obvious IJ3 characters into DLC). Basic-rear end stuff like highlighting moves to sticky on the screen being missing, to even not having loadout slots for skins, so you're stuck with just one that you edit from the Kustomize screen? It feels like the overall game features and options are a downgrade in terms of oversight. I feel like there's gonna be quite a few patches rest of the year to rectify poo poo. It's a shame because the general gameplay is good but I never thought an NRS game would feel less complete than a Street Fighter one, but first time for everything!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ermac seemes half-finished because well, he is---he def was meant to be main roster or something but they couldn't finish him on time so now you get to pay for 2 characters DLC that def were meant to be base roster lol.

Disappointed there are no Klassic options for Sub-Zero or Scorpion off the bat, can I get these guys some hooded/klassic mask option skins easy, goddamn. I do not want trendy young Scorpion with a dumb tattoo I was hellfire revenant Scorp!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Story Mode was fun but narratively was so poor that if you didn't know who Havik was, you'd have zero idea why he's able to rip off his limbs and do sick poo poo. Feels like there was zero "this is how he got powers" moment beyond getting his face melted off lol.

I like being able to get seasonal costumes but it is a bummer ALL of them are orange/red shades. It'll be a kold day in hell before I put Sub-Zero in orange or red clothes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man nurse posted:

My feelings so far is that this is not better than 11 but I am still having a lot of fun with it. I think there are some missteps as well as some cool ideas, and it kinda evens out to being solid. The story mode’s production is astounding. The roster and functionality of the characters is definitely novel. The invasions mode is a cool idea but as I elaborated on earlier I think 11 had more enticing single player options. The kameos don’t appeal to me and feel perfunctory but they also don’t make the game a mess so I can take it or leave it.

My take on MKOne so far is that the total package feels like a C+ paper being handed in by an A+ student, they clearly and obviously were being made to rush this out the door to meet a quarterly checkpoint. MK11 felt like a more complete product in terms of the gear progression, Towers of Time, game modes, and QoL options that seem like no-brainers (being able to loving have loadouts, pin moves, see how to get certain items, even an AI logic mode). It's weird that NRS is in the spot Capcom was years back with the incomplete SF5, where now SF6 is probably one of the best complete fighting games in the last decade. Of the "new era" games that include Injustice 2, MK11, and MK One, this newest one feels like the weakest in terms of a package deal.

I think a lot of dumber missteps and mistakes will be rectified since the team does give a poo poo about their games, plus the game is still technically "in early releases" so I expect next week will have a patch for things like the store not refreshing, things like that. I do wish the Invasion maps had half as many fights and turned them to 2-round affairs. Game has zero flow to it with just 1-round fights--my buddy came over today to spar and try out all the kharacters and we had a tremendously fun time mixing up the roster and Kameos. A lot of the general gameplay combat is fantastic but the typical NRS stuffed sandwich of content feels like a lean ham sandwich with no fixings.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

baraka loving rules in this game, both in the story mode and also in gameplay. He's so flashy and extra

someone on the team loving LOVED Baraka and Reptile in terms of rehabbing them to be heroes in the main story and giving them awesome movesets. Baraka alone has INSANE poo poo i.e. the popup grab, the unga bunga autocombo that can cancel into specials, the meterburn bone missile that causes bleed, the Super Star Wars blade spin. He's a family man now and he also has the best prefight interaction in the game with Johnny.

I like how Shujinko is literally just Pai Mai. From the beard flip to the heart explosion fatality lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sub-Zero is great in this game, he doesn't have the flashiest or most complex poo poo but he does have it "all" i.e. a freezing projectile so you'll never lose a tradeoff, a dive kick with EX popup, an easy af popup in one of his basic 2-button kombos, a screen-length low attack, and the best defensive tool in the game with his ice Klone (which also lets him do tricks in the air by activating it in a jump.) You can pick him up and just do poo poo based on his simple principles. Reptile is another good simple character with his slides/dashes and the force ball being able to pop up people, he has great reach to rush up to anyone at anytime.

Ashrah, Shang Tsung, Geras, Kenshi and Johnny feel like the "high concept" characters so far i.e. they have a lot of features/stances/boosts going on in their toolset you have to learn.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jamesman posted:

I liked Shinnok in MKX and Noob in MK11. What kinda playstyle are those characters considered, and what would be closest to that style in this game?

idk a single thing about Shinnok but Smoke kind of has Noob's bullshit teleports and throws. Nobody really comes close to his menagerie of poo poo to contend with but Smoke does have a lot of that "where is he coming from, oh jesus" allure. Combine him with Motaro or Kung Lao's kameo teleports and you can really gently caress with people.

Babe Magnet posted:

I wish Reiko had a more interesting looking stance/moveset because he's really fun to play.

Reiko is a dumb gently caress and his MMA moveset and stance absolutely hammers it home. He loves to stay in neutral with those kicks and then can just slide in and groundpound you. He's the oogabooga moron of the cast, the devs understood the assignment much like how they finally said "you want Sareena? ok well remember, she's an ugly demonette, enjoy."

On another note they also understood how Havik is an undead feel-no-pain freak with the insane armor you get from his moves. The arm bash special in particular can legit tank several hits.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Reiko being a dumb brute force meat head makes so much sense honestly

I'm glad there is an Ungabunga character in MK now lol

Has anyone played Rain yet? 2 more days before I can try that spicy guy. Saw the he actually isn't just a hard zoner but has great combos as well

Rain feels like someone dropped a character from another game into Mortal Kombat, he's finally reached peak wizard status. I do not understand how his poo poo works yet but the things you can do with his portals are so sick, legit just pop out and immediately do overheads from the air, pop them up and keep loving them up. His round-the-world kick def has massive synergy with kameos if you get the timing right.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol the Switch version got datamined even deeper and two prominent leakers have found voiceline data among other things for future DLC characters. Apparently the 3 they found are Cassie, Kung Jin, and Jade..

I'm not really too high on the first 2 though, would have preferred almost anyone else tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

regards to two of them there was files found that the scene where the Kombat Kids get chumped was supposed to be different, so maybe the dialogue for them might have been from there?

that's possible---someone else said they checked the files and only found definitive voicelines for the other 3rd character so who knows. I'd prefer this to be wrong honestly because it wouldn't be very exciting to me.