Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

TOOT BOOT posted:

https://kotaku.com/megan-fox-will-kick-your-rear end-at-mortal-kombat-5302247

Apparently Megan Fox is a fan of the series which may be one reason they hired her.

MK1 EVO champ Megan Fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

exquisite tea posted:

Looks like there are a bunch of spoilerific videos all over youtube now, be warned if you actually care about the plot of a Mortal Kombat game (I do).

Why

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

man nurse posted:

Because the story modes in these games are fun?

Knowing all the fun nonsense doesn't make it less fun hth

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

VanillaGorilla posted:

Honestly I think she’s just incapable of emoting anymore. She’s been doing a lot of these kind of gigs (she also did marketing for Diablo 4) because her “career” has flatlined and she’s just always like that.

Good for her that she can still get that bag for a bit before the little game she has left craters forever though!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

In a ghostly voice* “B O O o o TO o x”.

Let's not be weird.

I miss the delightfully evil sindel of aftermath. I know this version is a response to those who were upset by her heel turn, but they did such a great job selling someone who enjoyed being a villain.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
What does Sareena's ground portal do? I keep accidentally using that and have no idea what it's even doing

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

man nurse posted:

Yeah that’s one big downgrade from 11 imo. I think they smack talk in the load between character select and fight, but it’s not the same.

In regards to my comments about the stiff gamefeel, I think that was impressions from playing early invasions mode. The story fights have felt much fluid and better.

I thought it felt stiff too when I was just loving around in practice. I put the game down for dinner and when I came back to it everything felt better. So maybe it's a matter of getting used to the games feel.

Mover posted:

iirc it drains their meter while an opponent stands in it

Ah, thank you.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So spoilers about the big final fight : all those alt characters just turned evil one day and decided “yes evil is hot evil is cool,evil it is for me”?

They all saw sindel having a great time in aftermath and wanted the same

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Mr. Neutron posted:

Raiden, Liu and Scorpion have very simple combos, add in a straightforward kameo like Sonya and go practice.

I find Tanya has very simple combos too, and works great with goro.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

DLC Inc posted:

I was enjoying the story and roster being relatively free of the overwhelming military / guys with guns poo poo from the last 2 games and focusing on the Outworld wuxia stuff but I guess it wasn't gonna last lol. MK1 for all its flaw so far has such a strong thematic presence with the roster and they're just gonna gently caress it all up by putting those superheroes in it anyway.

What do you mean, the theme is making money. And that poo poo will make them money. So it's pretty thematic if you ask me.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Rhonne posted:

If Cassie is back, I wonder how she'll tie into the story/pre-fight banter(Takeda too, for that matter). Are they just from another timeline, or are they from the main timeline? Did Johnny and Sonya just have a one night stand years ago or something?

Why do you think they'll tie into the story at all?

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
Are there any tricks for making enhancement easier? I cannot seem to get my head around the timing of the button presses

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

exquisite tea posted:

VA is also simply a different skillset from film and the talent is not 100% transferable — see Academy Award winner JK Simmons somehow being the weakest link in Baldur’s Gate 3. My guess is that they woke Megan up at 3am and went with the very first take over the phone.

But JK Simmons is a great voice actor for other games.

Direction, I think, plays a huge role. It's likely they got Fox last minute and didn't have enough time to make some good takes.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah but it's like, I'm just not going to unwire everything that works in every other fighting game to make this one feel okay.

My *actual* problem is that the stupid command list gives me button inputs for everything instead of indicators for Forward Punch/Back Punch etc. which makes it essentially completely illegible since I'm playing on my hitbox and RB doesn't actually mean anything.
I would simply not play games I don't enjoy playing

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

exquisite tea posted:

Going into Practice Mode and looking at your input history can be very illuminating. Most of the time if there's some combo I keep messing up, it's usually because I'm pressing or not pressing some directional button at the right time, or cancel into my special too early. What your brain thinks your hands are doing don't always sync up with reality.

There was a bunch of times early on that I was dropping combos and not doing what I input. Then I realized I literally wasn't pressing the buttons to do the things. I thought I was but my fingers weren't even moving. Was a weird realization

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
I reject learning lessons from my failures and will instead say terrible things to strangers who are forced to hear my voice

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Regrettable posted:

Ah, so you're a scorpion player.

I KNOW scorpion can do some sick poo poo. I just keep running into scorpion players who stay as far away as possible and only fish for hits with the rope, use that really long trip, or the death spin or whatever it's called. Sometimes they try and teleport, or immediately close to try and crouch jab me to death. And that's it. They always quit after losing a round. I don't understand what they're getting out of this.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
I main ashrah too and I'm right there with you on Sonya. The throw combos don't seem to really be worth the cost just for ~250 damage.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Twibbit posted:

There are multiple announcers, default is just fine.

Ed boon personally came to my house and threatened to burn it down if I didn't use the omniman voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
Don't understand why they're bothering with more dlc for a clearly dead game