Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhonne posted:

We're going to get Cyber-Reptile instead.

So basically Riptor from Killer Instinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shinji2015 posted:

You say that, but there are people that are still upset that version of Sonya isn't still around.

They're now pointing at SF6 and going "See, Capcom made their characters sexy, why can't you NRS?!?" while ignoring that most characters' outfits in SF6 are also functional

The irony of Cammy becoming more attractive by wearing pants finally.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

AndyElusive posted:

MK11 let you completely alter Sonya being voice acted by Ronda Rousey and completely change her into Bridgette Wilson circa 1995. So going back in time would erase this and that's lame.

Replaying 11 reminded me how honestly just bad Rousey was in the role, especially replacing Tricia Helfer in X.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HebrewMagic posted:

Cannot get over the fact Sonya shows up in Aftermath without a single line of dialogue. Fifty fifty it was NRS realized Rhonda couldn't act her way out of a wet sack or she just cost too much

The only time I felt Ronda really acted with any real energy - kinda uncomfortably so - was when Sonya calls somebody (another female Kombatant, I forget which one) something like "do-nothing bitch!" It was a clearly something she'd delivered before, perhaps in her daily life, perhaps often. Maybe the direction was 'pretend she's Holly Holm' and it worked a bit too well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

I thought it was an interesting inversion of a typical character beat that Sonya turned out to be the married-to-the-job person who'd allowed that to strain all her personal relationships, while Johnny had softened and matured with time. There's a lot of good characterization in MKX and MK11.

I did like Johnny had the good grace to be embarrassed by his younger self.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Was this ever a question?

Sadly asking a character's ethnicity is always a question, usually asked by the worst people who get performatively offended at the answer.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

EorayMel posted:

What does Kollector's era look like :thunk:

I was a fan of the Kitana arcade ending that had her, Mileena and Jade fight crime in Otherworld.

Rhonne posted:

If Sonya really isn't in this game(outside of a kameo), then I'm curious what they do with Johnny. I've gotten so used to Johnny Cage, loving husband and father, that it's going to be weird to see him in a game with no Sonya or Cassie.

Yeah, I'm gonna miss Cassie. And Sonya to a lesser degree which I put down to still not having mentally scrubbed the memory of Rousey's "performance" as Sonya.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

It's Art, obviously

Art Lean was the best of us.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

khwarezm posted:

Its kind of weird how Rambo's depiction in MK11 feels more true to the character than most of the movies.

As much as some of the licensed kharacters didn't do it for me I honestly sort of loved John Rambo tearing his way across Outworld. They even referenced First Blood in some of his stuff and I think some people forget that's not a action movie, that's a PTSD movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

Apparently Sareena has been redesigned as a devil woman you'd see in a 1990s music video.

Her friendship is painting herself on the side of a van.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

Havik's bio has been released. Instead of being the top guy of Chaosrealm, he's instead a lowly citizen of Seido (Orderrealm) with no rights who starts a revolution due to how oppressive the realm is. He wants the whole world to burn down in chaos.

I'm fuzzy on Havik's time period on the franchise. Is ChaosRealm another whatever Outworld is or is it like the NetherWorld which is Hell sort of, maybe?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Where does Sonya trusting/not recognizing Kano kome from?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

At the same time, they list the families of Liu, Johnny, and Sonya. Johnny's parents are Robert and Rose Carlton and his sister is Rebecca. He also has an ex-wife named Cindy Ford. None of that has ever been referenced anywhere else. Similarly, Liu Kang has a brother whose whereabouts are unknown (I wonder if that was the original concept for Kung Lao) and Sonya had a twin brother who died.

I guess that's where they got Liu Kang's brother having his neck snapped in the first movie by Shang Tsung.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kounterpoint: The time travel stuff gave us Johnny meeting Young Johnny and being so embarrassed by the experience he wanted to kollapse into himself like a dying star.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

The Kombat Kids were good.

Missing Cassie already.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A pity getting old Sonya killed didn't mean young Sonya could be brought in with a different voice actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Regrettable posted:

Maybe WB forced them to add Cole Young.

Art Lean or no buys. :colbert: