Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Professor Beetus posted:

Here's what I need: a guy yells MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAT and then the Mortal Kombat theme from the 1st movie kicks in. I will 100% have a pavlovian reaction to buy the new Mortal Kombat game.

Somehow my brain always forgets that the movie theme is not in the game and I'm disappointed when I revisit the old games.

I recently bought this and remembered once again:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

How is the game premium pre-oderers?

Watching Max play Smoke and do insane poo poo is making me REALLY want to possibly break and get the early start premium version, game looks sick

I am very bad at fighting games but I am having a lot of fun in story mode so far, haven't tried anything else.

Game is very good looking and all the characters I've played have been enjoyable, I think it's the first MK story mode where I haven't felt like a certain character was a slog. It's a bit weird though because you play various characters before they get any of their powers .

The test your might bits are mildly annoying as you have to mash face buttons then hit R2, so you can't use all your fingers very easily. Luckily I have an edge controller so I put R2 on left paddle and that was so much easier.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jamesman posted:

I datamined the Nokia N-Gage version of MK1 and the guest DLC characters for KP2 will be Gollum, Audrey II, and Dark Betty from Riverdale.

Archie Vs Actual Bear dlc when?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Panderfringe posted:

Are there any tricks for making enhancement easier? I cannot seem to get my head around the timing of the button presses

On ps5 with edge controller I set the travel distance on the trigger to the lowest setting. Very expensive solution, I know. I'd remap it but then I get confused about blocking.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I bought this and completed the single player campaign right before Baldur's Gate 3 came out, and then a whole bunch of other good games came out, so I've barely touched it. Picked up again and... I think this is my least favourite MK since, uh... probably 4. While the game looks and controls great, I really don't like the kameos. I'm iffy on some of the character design. Admittedly I haven't played much but I have no idea how to unlock new fatalities/brutalities for characters. I kinda liked the customisation in 11 and it doesn't seem to be as interesting in this one. The purchasable cosmetics I've seen are ugly as gently caress to the point where the Diablo IV ones look good.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Regrettable posted:

You just play the character and they rank up. Fatalities and Brutalities give more experience as do Flawless victories. Flawless+Brutality gives the most.

Thanks!

That still sucks a whole lot compared to 11 where I could do basically anything in the game and get currency to unlock things in the crypt. I mostly play MK with friends when they come over so it's nice to have all of the moves unlocked. If I have to grind out every character that's just... not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

31gb patch just downloaded, what the hell?