Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

EorayMel posted:

The final character is Cyber Shang Tsung

Cyber Shang Tsung as a T-1000 style robot shapeshifter

Gavok posted:

When we finally get Street Fighter X Mortal Kombat, playing Sindel vs. Necalli comes with a possibility of the two of them getting tangled up mid-fight.

I will only accept this in the form of Street Fighter: The Movie vs. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

the meaning of the word has changed alot past 10 years but :shrug: generally means boring and bad these days

Context is a thing, or when someone says they're sick do you think they're saying they're awesome

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Diabetic posted:

Also on Baraka:

In the older games of MK was Baraka just always a Tarkatan or was he infected with Tarkat? If no, then gently caress Liu Kang really was just as bad as Raiden lol

Tarkatans were previously a species, not victims of Monster Leprosy (which I'm pretty sure wasn't a thing until this game).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mover posted:

Shang Tsung talk: I think it’s unclear whether Shang Tsung et al were being explicitly punished with awful lives or if Liu Kang just gave them humble lives without superpowers, and Shang is just so intrinsically a little poo poo that he still immediately turned around and started selling bottled piss to sick little kids because it would give him even the smallest advantage in life.

We know that even after explicitly billions of timelines Kronika still couldn’t predict or control everyone

That's the way I read it; the Hourglass makes you the Keeper of Time, not the Abrahamic God with total power of all of reality. Everything that happens is still, broadly, going to happen -- there will be the same realms, all the same people will exist, etc. What you can do is influence the paths their existences will take, whether the realms will exist in harmony or discord, whether specific people will have great opportunities in life or be minor players. But they still have free will within those paths -- Shang Tsung's fate wasn't to be a snake oil salesman, it was simply to not be a powerful sorcerer working for Shao Khan. He's just such a irrepressible bastard that he ended up doing something scummy even as a powerless nobody in the boonies. Quan Chi probably did something similar to earn himself that place in the mines because he's a grade-A motherfucker at heart, necromancer or not.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Timeline stuff: "Our" Shang Tsung first hypothesizes that there are more timelines and germinates the idea to search the multiverse for allies to fight Evil Titan Shang Tsung, so it stands to reason that ETST figured it out for himself at some point as well. He just didn't bother looking for more timelines beyond the one he already had to mess with. Also, they said that Liu and Shang's fight at the Hourglass created the multiverse so before that there wasn't anything for Kronika or the other Titans to discover anyway, she was just resetting the one universal timeline over and over again.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Perestroika posted:

But yeah, gotta say Fox's Nitara is distractingly bad. Doubly so when she's put next to the actors for Quan Chi and Shang Tsung, who are clearly having a lot of fun with their roles.

They should replace Nitara with an AI klone of her voice, goddamn it's that bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

NRS has been doing variable health for a while, it was that way in the Injustice games too which led to the counterintuitive condition of Superman having less-than-average health because he's so damned versatile.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Agoat posted:

Also I wanted to ask y'all, are you guys getting matches against people with zero game sense but then absolutely massive combos? I'm literally sweeping people like 10 times in a row then watch them put out massive damage without ever dropping it.

Not salt (I'm winning most of these), I'm just REALLY confused.

These people are youtube yutzes who look up the biggest combos to stomp n00bs with, without bothering to learn the fundamentals at all.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If The Boys is a theme for guest kharacters this time around, I hope the hemokinetic lady from GenV is the next pick since Skarlet apparently doesn't exist anymore.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I love his fighting style too, he's a graceless brawler in a game full of martial artists but also unique from Superman in IJ, he seems more brutal somehow. I wonder how they're going to differentiate him and Homelander.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

that thanksgiving fatality is actually the most visually disgusting and disturbing fatality they've done

I honestly thought the camera was going to pull back to show the puke blasting all over the player's character, jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Unbound posted:

Movado seemed as simple as I hoped he would be. Ermac's Energy Color being more teal-y than green is weird, but otherwise he looked pretty cool.

I imagine that's to more easily distinguish his effects, there's already a couple of fighters with green poo poo going on (Shang and Reptile IIRC).