Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wifi Toilet posted:

I'm signing up for the first retirement home with a room dedicated for lan parties.

So sorry all those are full up. But we do have one next to the library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Wifi Toilet posted:

I'm signing up for the first retirement home with a room dedicated for lan parties.

why wasn't this in MY contract??

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Okay. But what time is it on? What channel?

*The young person lets out a much suffering sigh*

Oh. Okay. It's. Uhhh. Right, yeah. No, I get it. What streaming service is it on?

*Another deep sigh and a brief explanation I've heard a dozen times*

So. Uh. How do I get those quantums on my computer?

*More explanation*

It's a GAMING PC! It can handle your dang quantums! Just get them in there.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
did you know that when I was a kid I had to let myself into the house with a key after school and be home alone for a little while before my parents came home? this is a unique thing for my generation and no others.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ashmole posted:

did you know that when I was a kid I had to let myself into the house with a key after school and be home alone for a little while before my parents came home? this is a unique thing for my generation and no others.

a literal latch-key kid. Nice

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

Ashmole posted:

Same here. It wasn’t as terrifying as everyone made it out to be, but I grew up in a quiet blue collar town. Doors were rarely locked.

Now I find the idea of kids riding the subway to school nightmare inducing. Can’t imagine it.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

“Worst game my fat rear end, you people just never got good!”
*fires up E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial for Atari 2600 for the seventh time that day*

Alternatively I’m an old person from the Game Boy Color commercials.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Little arcade with Space Invaders, Ms Pac Man (table top version), Asteroids, and Track and Field.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I had an impoverished youth. I was only able to buy two jet skis with my summer earnings after paying for college.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The same nightmare again. The last affordable house in the world. I’m running but my legs are jelly. It disappears into a speck on the horizon

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

That loving Sned posted:

The same nightmare again. The last affordable house in the world. I’m running but my legs are jelly. It disappears into a speck on the horizon

That would be the Gen Z in a nursing home thread. Us GenXers got the crumbs from the Boomers and are looking at investment property to counteract the lack of a pension.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Richard Cabeza posted:

That would be the Gen Z in a nursing home thread. Us GenXers got the crumbs from the Boomers and are looking at investment property to counteract the lack of a pension.

at least you Gen xers got health insurance

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I spent my life being bitter, uniformly terrible to everyone, and then in my old age I became even more aggressively awful, now everyone hates me and I have no one to support or love me anymore so I go on Facebook and post comments on videos of Japanese kids being taught manners in school and leave patronizing, racist comments about how the "Japanese are built different" and how kids in the west aren't respectful or mannered anymore but in reality I'm a huge, insuperable twat to every retail and food service person I meet because I am old and absolutely everyone should show me deference because those are the only things that count as "manners" in my pathetic old age.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I spent my life being bitter, uniformly terrible to everyone, and then in my old age I became even more aggressively awful, now everyone hates me and I have no one to support or love me anymore so I go on Facebook and post comments on videos of Japanese kids being taught manners in school and leave patronizing, racist comments about how the "Japanese are built different" and how kids in the west aren't respectful or mannered anymore but in reality I'm a huge, insuperable twat to every retail and food service person I meet because I am old and absolutely everyone should show me deference because those are the only things that count as "manners" in my pathetic old age.

gently caress you, rear end in a top hat

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Freakin Boomers

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i keep calling the attendant darryl to piss him off but it might actually be his real name

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

GolfHole posted:

i keep calling the attendant darryl to piss him off but it might actually be his real name

might be his other brother darryl

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

might be his other brother darryl

Ma'am

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I'm not sure if this is a generational issue or just a "you suck" issue, but I'm Gen X and it feels like there's nothing to do anymore. In my free time I used to enjoy the following low-key activities out in the world: Video & pinball arcades. Browsing brick & mortar bookstores and record stores. Bowling at big alleys where you could kill an hour bowling just 1 or 2 games for < $10. Even shopping malls, before they became exclusively about women's shoes and jewelry. Almost none of these things exist anymore, at least not close to me. Where do people go now to get out of the house, kill some time, be mildly entertained or distracted, and not spend a lot of money? (Activity must be indoors & air conditioned because Texas.)

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Number_6 posted:

I'm not sure if this is a generational issue or just a "you suck" issue, but I'm Gen X and it feels like there's nothing to do anymore. In my free time I used to enjoy the following low-key activities out in the world: Video & pinball arcades. Browsing brick & mortar bookstores and record stores. Bowling at big alleys where you could kill an hour bowling just 1 or 2 games for < $10. Even shopping malls, before they became exclusively about women's shoes and jewelry. Almost none of these things exist anymore, at least not close to me. Where do people go now to get out of the house, kill some time, be mildly entertained or distracted, and not spend a lot of money? (Activity must be indoors & air conditioned because Texas.)

Pbr and a pocket of quarters for the pool table

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Why do I have to live here when my boomer parents still somehow have their own home?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
nights are gettin a bit longer again, mhm

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*does a daily 'top 10' list over the PA ala david letterman*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i wish gas was still 95 cents a gallon