Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I agree up until the most recent episode, where he should give me two million dollars for that accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

People being petty assholes to Viv just makes me wanna support her stuff more. The Streisand Effect works!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Alex plays Fizz in Helluva

(And is also Broadway’s own Beetlejuice)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Incidentally, the Teen Titans Go episode with BJ rules because it’s Brightman voicing him, but he’s written as kind of a synthesis of movie, musical, and cartoon.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Goddamn banger of an episode. Every new episode of HB just makes me wanna rewatch like at least half the series again immediately.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Hazbin Hotel is a SAG-AFTRA production under A24, so it had to be union actors.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

It’s pronounced “Helluva” and it’s Blitz

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Prime mixes up their releases but will generally do a multi-episode premier followed by weekly episodes. In Hazbin's case, it's going to be episodes 1 through 4 dropping on the 19th, then two more episodes drop each week thereafter.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Nicki Minaj voiced Sugilite in Steven Universe, who was then silent in any subsequent appearances.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

The last episode aired was "Mammon's Magnificent Musical Mid-Season Special" so we're not done with Season 2 yet.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

A24 has its own merch store, they might be tailoring some stuff for it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

More things need to make room for flapper energy so Sarah Stiles can just bring it every time.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, that's a whole lot of the thrust of The Good Place too.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

I forget, was the whole purge thing alluded to at all in the original pilot or was that just something they added when it went to series?

We just rewatched it because I had forgotten a ton of what the pilot actually set up; it takes place the day after the purge which is why Sir Pentious is making his move to claim turf vacated by all the recently exterminated souls.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

12 episodes probably would've been ideal, especially if they could use at least two of them to re-do the pilot and maybe adapt those prequel comics that I didn't even know were a thing until they were just posted, then another two to spread out the existing material and let some characters and plot beats breathe. I'm terminally online so "oh, you need to read these two comics AND watch a pilot on YouTube to get the full story" isn't a huge ask overall, but any kind of ask like that will inevitably end up turning off some people who don't know or don't care and just end up feeling lost when trying to check out episode one of the Brand New Thing.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I think season one of HB is a bit more scattershot yeah, but when you set up the premise of "standalone adventures into the human world to kill them folks" you've gotta do a few episodes like that before you go off script and are just following the characters' lives.

See also: how often Planet Express actually does deliveries as Futurama goes on.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Go back and rewatch Helluva Boss and watch Blitz very carefully the entire time when there are horses around, when there are horse pictures and drawings in the backgrounds, when people are dressed as horses in incriminating photographs being tossed around by helicopter rotors, etc.

It's a LOT.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

As someone with a name that is constantly misspelled even in written communication, I honestly just appreciate the verisimilitude of a character needing to explain something important to them but inconsequential to everyone else over and over again to the point of it practically just becoming a verbal tic.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Smiling Friends! Which is fantastic.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I keep seeing YouTube recommendations for Hazbin song compilations or just Hell's Greatest Dad that very specifically emphasize "WITHOUT Mimzy!!" and I just want to know who hurt these people.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

There is absolutely no piece of fiction that would not be improved by William Fichtner as The Accountant.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Jonas Sr would've managed to rounding-error his way into Heaven just like Adam specifically to rub in the awfulness of both him and the system (just like Adam).

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I mean he does this bullshit like eight times a week.

Also very cool and related is an interview or three that Billy West has given where he studied Tuvan throat singing in order to do Popeye properly.

Human bodies are neat.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I don’t know that anything has made me laugh harder than “What the gently caress is insurance!?”

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

A gag that has stuck with me my entire life was watching the syndicated dub of Samurai Pizza Cats, where a mother and child are standing in front of an untranslated sign. "Mommy, what does that sign say?" "How should I know? It's all in Japanese!"

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

localization is so cool

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i remember thinking of buying this book about undertale and translation, the book was basicaly about how they translated undertale into japanese and how basicaly all the jokes are different because audiance stuff. I am sorta finally dipping my toe into anime at 33, so i find it sorta interesting.

It's probably the Legends of Localization book which, yeah, I really want to read. I read the LoL Earthbound website before he started collecting these as actual books and it was fantastic so I keep meaning to pick up these three (there is also one for Legend of Zelda).

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yep, I was all in after becoming a fan of Helluva Boss and spent the first few eps going ".. but I don't like this as much?" before it really started clicking for me.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

my favorite is all of them

except maybe "it starts with sorry" which i like but i genuinely always forget about until i listen to the entire track list again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Patrick Page, John Waters, and Harvey Guillen is a goddamn triple threat for the guest stars in the rest of the season.