Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The episode did seem more 'Millie does things' than 'the episode is about Millie' and I'm certainly in favor of Millie doing things but it didn't land like I thought it would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I sorta agree, I kinda like that it shows the shittier side of moxxie by showing him as kinda of a self important dick who goes full theater kid and wants to be the center of attention and he can’t admit that his plan won’t work. It also shows why blitz is sorta an important dynamic and keeps his ego in check. Apperently a ton of people are deeply offended by the joke at the end. People are weird.

Me, throwing a dart at a random timestamp on a Helluva Boss episode to find something to be offended about for performative outrage's sake.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Throw Velma on that trash pile too.

Yeah, Velma despised the concept of... I think basically everything but especially people who enjoyed a talking dog and his friends solving mysteries.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mycomancy posted:

Definitely for Picard, it's three seasons of absolute trash.

Yeah, Picard starts with a kinda shameless rip-off of the plot of Mass Effect, has a very awkward second season and then chucks everything it established in the first two seasons for the serotonin hit of "you like seeing LeVar Burton talk to Brent Spiner, right? RIGHT??" with a very silly plot for Star Trek which once had an episode where Spock had his brain stolen.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Good lord. All Erica did was take a social media break because AI bros were hounding her about her quite reasonably not wanting somebody to use her voice in an AI generated song and not, to quote a goon in Video Games, steal her voice like a sea witch in a children's movie. Their "complaint" was it wasn't making any money so it was harmless.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mindy's whole deal is being a pickme Indian-American chud who plays herself or mouthpieces of herself. I think she musta been quite surprised that she didn't get the same reception when she used an existing character for that.

I've heard it said, only half jokingly, that this is what going to an Ivy League school does to a person.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

isn't that kind of unfair to the other nominees? I don't really watch any of those others but at a cursory glance they're about what I would expect from personal or small time animation channels while this show is practically in the big leagues fit to compete with any other real cartoon

Jaiden's at least pretty popular, especially thanks to her animating her Nuzlocke runs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/mistmistly/status/1684640915061870593?s=46&t=A2dAs186kc-kFL1y5YrbkA

This was in response to Viv posting that she donated $5k to the Lackadaisy Kickstarter on behalf of herself and the Spindlehorse team. The reason it's extra lovely is because it's someone on the Lackadaisy team. Viv has been super vocal about animation not being a competition and has supported Lackadaisy since day one, and it's wild that not only is someone still hating on her, it's someone working on Lackadaisy itself. Especially dumb considering people are working on one that have worked on the other

Already deleted, too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/CristinaVee/status/1686795138079793152

Poor Cristina.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I didn’t read them but not shocked. Like anyone with half a brain realizes that this season is “ok let’s crank up the emotional pressure on stolas and blitzo and see if they admit blitz0 can admit his feelings and try to better poo poo or will they go separate ways, also setting up more plots with the found family. Also krim is so much better villian than some joke characters. He has some actual menace. I also love people bitching about Stryker being “retconned”, like he always been like that, it’s just the show was taking the piss out of him as much.

Yeah, you take the super cool lone wolf dude and make fun of him. It's like being upset the guy from Community's paintball episode played by Josh Holloway back when he was the Norman Reedus went out of the competition in a goofy way.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Landfill posted:

It's shocking how much media literacy has gone down the drain. I know parts of this fandom skews a little young but it's like, have some of you never experienced any form of serial storytelling? Ever?? One of these episodes are going to end on a legit cliffhanger and people are going to be insenced, like, "what do you mean they just cut the episode off like that???"

Feelings of the show aside, it was wild to watch people go out of their minds at WandaVision being very basic sequential storytelling that debuted every week. And some of the people complaining were absolutely born before everything tried to be 'binge worthy.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of it really just is that people can't accept the show is a goofy violent cartoon, and proudly so.

Yeah, I don't hate continuity and worldbuilding myself but not every show has to be 100 percent holistic towards the building of DEEP LORE or something. Sometimes they just wanna tell a joke about Loona going to a vet because she is a dog and that's fine.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm amused by 'the titles don't sound like they'll have Stolas in them' which... how do you know that doesn't sound like Stolas? It would basically have to be 'Owl Demon Does a Sex With Blitzo' for it to be gleaned from the title.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Landfill posted:

Like, one of the episode titles is Full Moon...how does that not sound like Stolas episode

Obviously that's a Loona episode :smugdog:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. that lady is a trip. like while i dont care for stephen universe even i think she is overly harsh on it. I just dont get folks who get THAT mad over kids shows(shows in general honestly) she made like 5 videos on MLP character having a redemption arc which is lol when that show straight up had the state "kill" a literal child in its final. so i think people like her hate redemption arcs. mind you i dont care for many because i think many are very badly handled(sequel trilogy) but like its not a bad lesson.

Even when Lily has a few good points it gets buried her weird axes, and she has many, to grind. Example: One I think fairly solid point is Korra gets beaten up kind of a weirdly high amount in I think it's season 3 or 4 of her show and it's like, yeah, sure. But then she'll spend twenty minutes on why it's an example of some bizarre tangent that I think comes from being a frustrated writer who can't get published because nobody recognizes the Genius of Orchard Comma Lily.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this one is good. bought it for halloween sale.

In the words of Marge Simpson, now this I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i kinda feel like he is gonna be the one that kills stryker. i feel like stryker will get wounded by moxxie and wound blitz and then scary stolas comes out. strykers plotline feels like it will probably wrap up this season.

Maybe we get a uniquely HB father-daughter moment and Loona takes out Stryker after he wounds Blitzo.