Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I was going to ask this thread about how to watch Hazbin Hotel because my brother-in-law is a huge Vivviepop animation fan and comic artist. I watched the Pilot on YouTube and it was fun.

I wanted to show it to my wife who is also likes animated musicals, but I just watched the rape episode and it was really gross.

Does it get less horrible?

Hazo fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Larryb posted:

Amazon Prime and yes, that’s the worst of it

We have Prime; I meant “how” as in I don’t know the history of Vivviepop’s universe and from what I can tell by glancing at her wiki it looks complicated so I want to be sure I’m not missing any context to what is already a bizarrely layered story. Am I fine just watching the pilot and the Amazon series?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Thanks goons, I knew I was asking the right people on this dead gay forum.

Another question: is it better to watch the first Amazon episode of Hazbin and then go back and watch the pilot on YouTube? Because that’s what I did (because I clicked on the series without knowing there was a whole pilot and lore behind it), and I thought that was better because the pilot sort of misleads you to believe some characters are going to be more important than they end up being. Namely the newscasters and snake dude (yes I know Sir Pentious ends up being part of the ensemble but they still make a joke about how forgettable he is when he reappears on the main series)

Another side note: It’s astonishing how well the Amazon cast matches the voices of the pilot cast from years ago. I guess Angel Dust and the bartender are the most noticeably different, but Stephanie Beatriz loving crushes it.

The Last Call posted:

There’s a whole fannon wiki for example with peoples OCs etc. Occassionally someone mistakes that for the real or someone even tries to slide it into the official stuff in some nutty bid to make it cannon.

So Tina Belcher and the Equestranauts, got it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I’m only four episodes in but one thing that’s kind of bothered me ever since Charlie’s opening scene exposition about Adam and Lilith and Eden and the yearly Heaven purge and all that, is do they ever explain what happens to the slain purge victims? Is there like a super hell?

Or does this get addressed eventually and I need to just shut up and watch

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Data Graham posted:

I mean, so is The Good Place. It's not the premise itself that's novel, it's the execution. As any nerd who came of age reading Preacher I appreciate a sarcastic postmodern take on Christian eschatology as much as anyone, where the afterlife is run by morons and sadists and has all the same relatable problems and struggles and daily-life features as the real world. This one's particular angle is a stylish fresh flavor though, and as in any present-day standout work it's the characters and their foregrounded arcs that are doing the heavy lifting of making the premise and "lore" seem so compellingly well developed.

This makes me miss Ugly Americans.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Nodosaur posted:

I know the key animator on "Loser, Baby" also did the "Nothing Left to Lose" song animation in Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure.

This lady?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1q-dnX21LM

I loving love this animation. So much that, despite not caring about the series at all, when this got posted in some thread years ago I started watching the key episodes just to figure out how everything got to this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Funky Valentine posted:

Here's a fun thing, Stayed Gone in 12 languages (because that's how many dubs of this show they made apparently.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJGaztXBQs

They seem to use a different radio filter for Alastor and to a lesser extent distortion for Vox's freakout in each language which is interesting.

“Your medium is getting pretty rare” is such a great loving lyric.

I have no idea how it would work in other languages.