Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

See I absolutely get it and am here for it. My problem is the black and white thinking where a portion of the audience is going to be all betrayed their fav character is "problematic". Like this ain't a show about demons in hell. I can adore several characters while full well knowing they're up to some shenanigans. Alastor ain't Charlie's pal he's using her as a means to an end. Whether or not he starts to feel guilty about that I haven't seen any real proof of that yet. I just get tired about the lack of media literacy sometimes. Like people thinking episode 4 was trying to glamorize sexual abuse and breathlessly clutching their pearls that the rape scene are too sexy. And yes that term was the one specifically being thrown around a lot. Don't even know how to begin addressing that one.

Could Alastor care some about Charlie and co? Sure.
Would that stop Alastor from sacrificing any if it meant getting what he wanted? Hell no.

He strikes me as the type if it meant it, he’d run you through to get the person behind you, it’s more important that he gets that person. Sorry chum, you were in the way. Once it’s done, he moves on with nary a second thought or care what he did. Sacrifices have to be made. And there’s always more souls. More replacements. Tools to be used, like Husk. Nifty is the only one I believe Alastor might actively try not to hurt, but if it meant he got the power he wants? He’ll always remember her. Occasionally. Now and then. Probably when seeing a bug.

Now if people watched episode four and thought it was being positive about sexual and emotional abuse those people really got no clue what they were watching, it says a lot about them. We should all get that sexual abuse and the like is wrong, it’s horrible. We don’t need big flashing words on the screen telling the viewer THIS IS WRONG. No poo poo it’s wrong. Everything in the episode is showing and all but screaming this is wrong. If people are missing that, they lack a certain ability to understand what is in front of their face.

As for people thinking it was all sexy, again if they thought that, it says more about them and their fantasies more than anything else.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I actually think Alastor will probably kill Rosie at some point, he will claim to feel bad while doing it, hell, he may even it himself, but i think he gonna betray her if it means he can get his goal.

I can easily see that happening. I can see it happening with number of characters. The worse sinners, demons that indulge in what it means being a demon. They all have that potential of killing one another, if they can get away with it and getting power or influence. Take someone like Zestiel who is the oldest overlord and seen so much, he's clearly careful and methodical in what he does. He also had no problem with Carmine bragging to all of hell she killed an angel. That's one hell of a rep boost. It sounded like a great thing until she pointed out the potential fallout from it being far too great of a risk and danger to all.

Thanks to their part in the defense of Hell the cannibals reputation likely soared. More to the point.....Rosies reputation and influence likely exploded thanks to this. Nifty alone killing Adam is probably the biggest star in all of Hell now. She killed Adam. The first man. Leader of the exterminators. That's a status jump almost everyone in Hell would want and yet it Niftys who on her own can't leveage that at all. Or is it actually Alastors since he owns her soul? It's like having the hottest star on the world be under your control. You can use that, you can bet Alastor will.

The Sins have no real need to better hell or change things, it's running great for them. They get what they want. Why make it better?
Goetians are the rich snob aristiocrats, kings and queens so far above everything they view anything lower as being dirty common peasants. Who really gives a poo poo about them.
For a time Lilith and Lucifer did care and helped create the system of hell if not ensure the powers that rule it operate in a certain way but as time went on and a structure formed as long as everyone did their job it was considered good enough.
Like Heaven everything is on auto pilot, things happen, things have always happened the exact same way. That's how it is. Why question it. You just roll with it.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

Could Alastor care some about Charlie and co? Sure.
Would that stop Alastor from sacrificing any if it meant getting what he wanted? Hell no.

He strikes me as the type if it meant it, he’d run you through to get the person behind you, it’s more important that he gets that person. Sorry chum, you were in the way. Once it’s done, he moves on with nary a second thought or care what he did. Sacrifices have to be made. And there’s always more souls. More replacements. Tools to be used, like Husk. Nifty is the only one I believe Alastor might actively try not to hurt, but if it meant he got the power he wants? He’ll always remember her. Occasionally. Now and then. Probably when seeing a bug.

Now if people watched episode four and thought it was being positive about sexual and emotional abuse those people really got no clue what they were watching, it says a lot about them. We should all get that sexual abuse and the like is wrong, it’s horrible. We don’t need big flashing words on the screen telling the viewer THIS IS WRONG. No poo poo it’s wrong. Everything in the episode is showing and all but screaming this is wrong. If people are missing that, they lack a certain ability to understand what is in front of their face.

As for people thinking it was all sexy, again if they thought that, it says more about them and their fantasies more than anything else.

Got it in one. My first thought was why the gently caress are you looking at a series of scenes depicting rape then whining it makes you too horny? It's like they tripped and fell mid argument and all the weird hentai they get off to spilled out of their overcoat.

The Last Call posted:

The Sins have no real need to better hell or change things, it's running great for them. They get what they want. Why make it better?
Goetians are the rich snob aristiocrats, kings and queens so far above everything they view anything lower as being dirty common peasants. Who really gives a poo poo about them.
For a time Lilith and Lucifer did care and helped create the system of hell if not ensure the powers that rule it operate in a certain way but as time went on and a structure formed as long as everyone did their job it was considered good enough.
Like Heaven everything is on auto pilot, things happen, things have always happened the exact same way. That's how it is. Why question it. You just roll with it.

Agree with all of this save one example; Asmodeus might be more willing to get his hands dirty because now it's personal to him. I could see him getting off his rear end to change things if only because there's going to be blowback on someone he cares about. I wouldn't say he gives a poo poo about the moral issue of the class system so much as the minute it effects Fizzarolli he's all in. And that could have knock on effects alongside Charlie's hotel being proven effective.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Something else weird that has been nagging at me: for a character who is ostensibly the central figure of a personal-growth-and-redemption story that involves his romantic entanglements and fragile self-esteem and fear of solitude and abandonment, Blitzo is not ... coded? ... as someone you'd expect to see as anyone's love interest.

Is that too wild a take? I mean, it's all over his design, from visuals to writing to acting, he's all sharp angles and sharp sarcasm, a cat with claws and teeth perpetually bared, to be petted only at your mortal peril. But then you see him curled up on his couch shuddering in pain and you're like ... wait, who even is this guy? And that's a very strange, daredevilish kind of tack for the creators of the show to take. Usually you'd get a POV character who's more everyman/woman, a makeover and contact lenses away from being revealed as some kind of classically-pretty diamond in the rough. (Like Charlie not to put too fine a point on it.) Moxxie is way closer to being this kind of character, all padded edges and couched confidence and heart worn on his sleeve, but this isn't about him, it's about the pointy fangy beanpole who is his Michael-Scott-from-literal-Hell boss. We're supposed to feel sympathy and empathy and warmth for this self-destructive, unapproachable rear end in a top hat? We're supposed to see him through the eyes that apparently only Stolas has?

We've already had a few moments of unexpected vulnerability and sincerity from him, like during his reconciliation with Fizz, and I'm sure we can expect plenty more, but the way he's been set up design-wise, to make him as unlikable, as prickly and volatile as possible, is as much as to hide that whole arc from us in plain sight the entire time. And if in four planned seasons he's going to end up in a better place, be it with Stolas or someone else or nobody, he's surely going to have worse times ahead between now and then.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Something else weird that has been nagging at me: for a character who is ostensibly the central figure of a personal-growth-and-redemption story that involves his romantic entanglements and fragile self-esteem and fear of solitude and abandonment, Blitzo is not ... coded? ... as someone you'd expect to see as anyone's love interest.

Is that too wild a take? I mean, it's all over his design, from visuals to writing to acting, he's all sharp angles and sharp sarcasm, a cat with claws and teeth perpetually bared, to be petted only at your mortal peril. But then you see him curled up on his couch shuddering in pain and you're like ... wait, who even is this guy? And that's a very strange, daredevilish kind of tack for the creators of the show to take. Usually you'd get a POV character who's more everyman/woman, a makeover and contact lenses away from being revealed as some kind of classically-pretty diamond in the rough. (Like Charlie not to put too fine a point on it.) Moxxie is way closer to being this kind of character, all padded edges and couched confidence and heart worn on his sleeve, but this isn't about him, it's about the pointy fangy beanpole who is his Michael-Scott-from-literal-Hell boss. We're supposed to feel sympathy and empathy and warmth for this self-destructive, unapproachable rear end in a top hat? We're supposed to see him through the eyes that apparently only Stolas has?

We've already had a few moments of unexpected vulnerability and sincerity from him, like during his reconciliation with Fizz, and I'm sure we can expect plenty more, but the way he's been set up design-wise, to make him as unlikable, as prickly and volatile as possible, is as much as to hide that whole arc from us in plain sight the entire time. And if in four planned seasons he's going to end up in a better place, be it with Stolas or someone else or nobody, he's surely going to have worse times ahead between now and then.

He's kind of Brandon Rogers baby. I think a lot of personal decisions about his character growth and development can be attributed to him. Vivzie designed him yes but Brandon is the one who makes a lot of major decisions concerning him. And yeah he's meant to be a literal feral cat of a character. Straight up he's not for everybody and I get it. Also you're 100% on the target; Full Moon is supposed to be an emotional poo poo show for him and Stolas. Frankly I'm just waiting for the dude to finally hit rock bottom so he can finally start working on himself. I know everyone's going to be agonizing over them having a breakup fight but I'm just like "finally!" over here. Their amount of pent up feelings between the two is just nauseating at this point. I'd be relived to see them vomit it out maybe spend some time apart and get some therapy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Based on what I’ve been hearing that might be happening whenever the show comes back (regarding Blitzo and Stolas at least since it seems like they’re going to be the focus of the next episode and even sing a duet together)

Looking forward to HB’s return regardless though as some of the remaining titles for this season intrigue me (such as what appear to be a Ghostbusters parody and a Christmas themed episode respectively, curious how either of those are going to work in a series that literally takes place in Hell)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 27, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!
Bread Liar

The Last Call posted:

She killed Adam. The first man. Leader of the exterminators. That's a status jump almost everyone in Hell would want and yet it Niftys who on her own can't leveage that at all. Or is it actually Alastors since he owns her soul? It's like having the hottest star on the world be under your control. You can use that, you can bet Alastor will.

Like the Earl de Darkwood from 5555.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The trick is with Blitzo is that he's coded alright, but more actually a Byronic hero- a man of action and will, possessed of both positive and negative qualities in great amounts, who carves his own path in life rather than trying to follow any particular set of rules, and constantly chafes against the rules society attempts to impose on him. He's charismatic and attractive while also driving people crazy, and barely tolerable at the best of times but will literally move heaven and earth when he has your back. Also helps that he's legitimately a badass action hero, able to punch considerably above his weight. Striker is a recognised badass and Blitz keeps on humiliating him.

Also he's totally a cat. He even purrs when waking up Moxxie at an inappropriate time.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 27, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's like, I look at the "Look My Way" song and the way spectral Blitzo shows up there is as this hulking, hunched-over, crane-fly-looking figure, arms and legs dangling out of a sort of trench coat shape, like a Tallest from Invader Zim. And that's the way Stolas sees him, presumably the most idealized way possible

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wellp I'm about to spend more money on this store (doubly so if a Millie is coming as well)

https://x.com/youtooz/status/1762233625045573774?s=46&t=D43mFJSHH0rxuIO9HRRQrQ

Though I really wish they could be smaller amiibo sized figures instead now that there's a whole slew of characters on both shows

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I like his gat.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
how bout that imps face when he saw the gat

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Macaluso posted:

Wellp I'm about to spend more money on this store (doubly so if a Millie is coming as well)

Though I really wish they could be smaller amiibo sized figures instead now that there's a whole slew of characters on both shows

dope. I got a loona one. maybe she will show up.

https://twitter.com/grimmieleon/status/1762288658605068604

also lol.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also lol.

The absolute beauty is these dopes are giving it free advertising.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I cannot imagine a way to make your kids want to watch a show more than forbidding them from it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pyrotoad posted:

I cannot imagine a way to make your kids want to watch a show more than forbidding them from it.

EXACTLY! This poo poo is catnip for kids!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Data Graham posted:

It's like, I look at the "Look My Way" song and the way spectral Blitzo shows up there is as this hulking, hunched-over, crane-fly-looking figure, arms and legs dangling out of a sort of trench coat shape, like a Tallest from Invader Zim. And that's the way Stolas sees him, presumably the most idealized way possible

I'm mostly thinking the bit in Seeing Stars, Stolas sees Blitz as a demonic action hero, and he's both not wrong to do so, and thinks that's smoking hot. He also pretty clearly has developed a rescue kink.

Shouldn't be that surprising that Blitz is pretty much the opposite of Charlie in many respects; socially, personality, relationships and history wise, specifically so he can be used for plots and themes that you couldn't for Charlie. He's got bills to pay, mouths to feed, bad habits and a bad history, he's rude, hostile, defensive and insecure. Indeed, he's all sharp edges and claws, perfectly adapted to survive in the hostile and merciless environment of Hell, while Charlie's whole deal is the comical contrast between her attitude and that of the world she nominally rules over. It's an excellent writing decision for making sister shows in a shared universe, they share themes, tone and worldbuilding while otherwise being about as different as you can get.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Good points, yeah. And I need to get to rewatching S2 because that's going to be way denser in this stuff episode-to-episode than S1 was.

I guess what I keep thinking it reminds me of is, like, the supervillain therapy circle in Wreck-it Ralph or something. ME GROG HAVE FEELINGS TOO.

It's played as a joke in that kind of situation but in this show it's front-and-center, and that's novel.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Good points, yeah. And I need to get to rewatching S2 because that's going to be way denser in this stuff episode-to-episode than S1 was.

I guess what I keep thinking it reminds me of is, like, the supervillain therapy circle in Wreck-it Ralph or something. ME GROG HAVE FEELINGS TOO.

It's played as a joke in that kind of situation but in this show it's front-and-center, and that's novel.

i do think i like season 2 more then season 1. season 1 is mostly good and solid but its clearly not sure what its going for yet and i kinda think the show is at its weakest as a procideral/office comedy.
https://twitter.com/IMPmurderpros/status/1762347018713022565
also my guess is april.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

Got it in one. My first thought was why the gently caress are you looking at a series of scenes depicting rape then whining it makes you too horny? It's like they tripped and fell mid argument and all the weird hentai they get off to spilled out of their overcoat.

Agree with all of this save one example; Asmodeus might be more willing to get his hands dirty because now it's personal to him. I could see him getting off his rear end to change things if only because there's going to be blowback on someone he cares about. I wouldn't say he gives a poo poo about the moral issue of the class system so much as the minute it effects Fizzarolli he's all in. And that could have knock on effects alongside Charlie's hotel being proven effective.

I don't expect any of the main cast to really go out and do beyond doing what they are currently. Doesn't mean they have to be EVIL, but they're not going to turn into paragons of good and justice spouting anime nonsense either. As long as they're happy overall and have a comfortable life I expect them to be pretty constant with who and what they are portrayed as. Demons sure, but utterly human in how they can show sides of good, bad and everything in between.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Like the Earl de Darkwood from 5555.

Only with much more murder. Imagine someone getting in Alastors face and he giving them a warning, now imagine that someone waking up at night to find Nifty staring them point break with the angelic knife in it's hand. I'm betting they'll fold quick. This thing killed Adam, its in their room, it's on them, it's an inch or two away. It has a knife. They'll do what they're told.

Macaluso posted:

I ordered some N, V, Uzi from Murder Drones along with Caine and Pomni this past weekend. They're pretty cool stuff. Need more room.....

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also lol.

This man doesn't know it yet, but he's just made someone in the audience if not one child a future furry thanks to this.

We've seen the sick freaks that look at her.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm mostly thinking the bit in Seeing Stars, Stolas sees Blitz as a demonic action hero, and he's both not wrong to do so, and thinks that's smoking hot. He also pretty clearly has developed a rescue kink.

Shouldn't be that surprising that Blitz is pretty much the opposite of Charlie in many respects; socially, personality, relationships and history wise, specifically so he can be used for plots and themes that you couldn't for Charlie. He's got bills to pay, mouths to feed, bad habits and a bad history, he's rude, hostile, defensive and insecure. Indeed, he's all sharp edges and claws, perfectly adapted to survive in the hostile and merciless environment of Hell, while Charlie's whole deal is the comical contrast between her attitude and that of the world she nominally rules over. It's an excellent writing decision for making sister shows in a shared universe, they share themes, tone and worldbuilding while otherwise being about as different as you can get.

Charlie had a privilaged up bringing where she had everything she could ask for. It wasn't perfect, we know that from her parent issues which seems to be her biggest issues and one of them has already been fixed. Of all the beings in Hell she's likely had it the easiest. Even if she wasn't always great with her folks they did love her.

Blitz? He's so consumed with self hatred and self destructive tendecies that he has a long road before he can ever really become good for someone. He's not for Stolas. Not right now. Blitz is horribly and downright toxic in fact. He's the type of person we'd tell most people to leave because he's not good for them and only causes them harm. He does, we know this, we seen this. At the same time we got a good idea why he is the way he is and how he wants to change and be better but he's so wrapped up in his own issues it's a struggle. A constant one. When you believe you don't deserve better, that the bad things are always going to happen and you'll die alone, that's one hell of a deep pit to crawl out of. Add in the amount of guilt for accidentally burning down the circus that resulted in his mother dying, his best friend being horribly disfigured, and the pure hatred of every other circus performer there including his father for what happened and again it's no wonder why he's such a mess. We've seen him in clown make up as an adult, the killing game is not something he's done for a lot of years. He likely started as a body guard for Verosika and went from there really building his skills with him working with Moxxie for various jobs. It took a while for Moxxie to meet Milley and marry ending up with her joining the group, those two likely came across each other while he was on a job and Milley probably saved him I imagine.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i do think i like season 2 more then season 1. season 1 is mostly good and solid but its clearly not sure what its going for yet and i kinda think the show is at its weakest as a procideral/office comedy.
https://twitter.com/IMPmurderpros/status/1762347018713022565
also my guess is april.

I liked both seasons. It's had a great pace, helped develop characters and build on what came before. So I'm a happy viewer.

Glad to hear we're getting something soon. The wait has been long.

*Stares at the last Murder Drone episode being six months ago now*

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 29, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

I don't expect any of the main cast to really go out and do beyond doing what they are currently. Doesn't mean they have to be EVIL, but they're not going to turn into paragons of good and justice spouting anime nonsense either. As long as they're happy overall and have a comfortable life I expect them to be pretty constant with who and what they are portrayed as. Demons sure, but utterly human in how they can show sides of good, bad and everything in between.

Only with much more murder. Imagine someone getting in Alastors face and he giving them a warning, now imagine that someone waking up at night to find Nifty staring them point break with the angelic knife in it's hand. I'm betting they'll fold quick. This thing killed Adam, its in their room, it's on them, it's an inch or two away. It has a knife. They'll do what they're told.

I ordered some N, V, Uzi from Murder Drones along with Caine and Pomni this past weekend. They're pretty cool stuff. Need more room.....

This man doesn't know it yet, but he's just made someone in the audience if not one child a future furry thanks to this.

We've seen the sick freaks that look at her.

Charlie had a privilaged up bringing where she had everything she could ask for. It wasn't perfect, we know that from her parent issues which seems to be her biggest issues and one of them has already been fixed. Of all the beings in Hell she's likely had it the easiest. Even if she wasn't always great with her folks they did love her.

Blitz? He's so consumed with self hatred and self destructive tendecies that he has a long road before he can ever really become good for someone. He's not for Stolas. Not right now. Blitz is horribly and downright toxic in fact. He's the type of person we'd tell most people to leave because he's not good for them and only causes them harm. He does, we know this, we seen this. At the same time we got a good idea why he is the way he is and how he wants to change and be better but he's so wrapped up in his own issues it's a struggle. A constant one. When you believe you don't deserve better, that the bad things are always going to happen and you'll die alone, that's one hell of a deep pit to crawl out of. Add in the amount of guilt for accidentally burning down the circus that resulted in his mother dying, his best friend being horribly disfigured, and the pure hatred of every other cicurs performer there including his father for what happened and again it's no wonder why he's such a mess. We've seen him in clown make up as an adult, the killing game is not something he's done for a lot of years. He likely started as a body guard for Verosika and went from there really building his skills with him working with Moxxie for various jobs. It took a while for Moxxie to meet Milley and marry ending up with her joining the group, those two likely came across each other while he was on a job and Milley probably saved him I imagine.

I liked both seasons. It's had a great pace, helped develop characters and build on what came before. So I'm a happy viewer.

Glad to hear we're getting something soon. The wait has been long.

*Stares at the last Murder Drone episode being six months ago now*

I might get pomni next week since. I am getting my millie plush at some point in march(she is almost finished but shipping). ill post when i get it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!
Bread Liar

The Last Call posted:

There's a shot of the Vees after Nifty kills Adam and Valentino has this huge "Oh gently caress!" look on his face as he remembers that he tried to gently caress with Nifty the previous night.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
She also took a part of him for her collection.

The bug collection.

Somewhere....she has a trophy room. Count on it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Here's a fun thing, Stayed Gone in 12 languages (because that's how many dubs of this show they made apparently.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJGaztXBQs

They seem to use a different radio filter for Alastor and to a lesser extent distortion for Vox's freakout in each language which is interesting.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Here's a fun thing, Stayed Gone in 12 languages (because that's how many dubs of this show they made apparently.)

They seem to use a different radio filter for Alastor and to a lesser extent distortion for Vox's freakout in each language which is interesting.

What I would love to find is the individual translations of the lyrics. Like the localizations or something.

edit: Speak of the devil found a few translations in the comments section! Google translate can only manage so much though unfortunately.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 29, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I do wonder if the filters might be related to different people's experiences of radios and TV, which can vary a lot by country and depending on what technology the editors are familiar with.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Funky Valentine posted:

I found a similar video for Poison and for whatever reason Angel's singing in Japanese sounded really different, like he's had some extra reverb added. I don't think the rest have it.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 29, 2024

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Weird thought I had.

Ok, so Blitz and Moxxie met in prison. Who is running this prison? Who are the cops in the Greed ring? Who pays their salary? Who's making the laws that these cops have to enforce? If you own a bank why did you set up shop in the greed ring where it's probably gonna get robbed?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I might get pomni next week since. I am getting my millie plush at some point in march(she is almost finished but shipping). ill post when i get it.

High five totally well adjusted fellow buyer who will do responsible and normal things with these!

BigRed0427 posted:

Weird thought I had.

Ok, so Blitz and Moxxie met in prison. Who is running this prison? Who are the cops in the Greed ring? Who pays their salary? Who's making the laws that these cops have to enforce? If you own a bank why did you set up shop in the greed ring where it's probably gonna get robbed?

Hell copies Earth and how humans live. It might be a lovely copy at times, but they appear to desire some sort of stability and growth rather than being a savage kill a thon wild anything goes existance.

Take Velvet, she is the youngest Overlord and introduced social media to hell, it's how she gained her position.

Talk about being worthy of hell.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

BigRed0427 posted:

Weird thought I had.

Someone employed by Mammon, Mammon, and because the banks are run by Mammon. In the order of your questions.

Mammon runs/has a banking app themed after him, presumably because he owns the banks.

Velvette's actually the same age as Valentino and Vox according to one of the character detail twitter threads, she's just the only overlord who likes keeping up with modern social trends, so she's picked up social media influencing even though she presumably started at Vox's early(?) TV levels of tech knowledge.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 29, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Is she the same age?

Everything I saw said she was the youngest and newest member, Val came first, then Vox and Vel is the newst one. She's only been there for 20 to 40 years? The others been there longer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

High five totally well adjusted fellow buyer who will do responsible and normal things with these!

lol. i just mostly have them on my desk and poo poo.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The Last Call posted:

Is she the same age?

Everything I saw said she was the youngest and newest member, Val came first, then Vox and Vel is the newst one. She's only been there for 20 to 40 years? The others been there longer.

I don't think we've got any solid time of arrival stuff for characters except Alastor as far as Overlords go. But at least it does appear to be true she is the youngest. Youngest doesn't necessarily mean particularly modern period though. She could be younger than Valentino and Vox by only a year or so for example. I do think the keeping up with trends thing is true regardless, so her being a Social Media Influencer could well be a recent thing even if she's from a pre Social Media Earth.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I don't think we've got any solid time of arrival stuff for characters except Alastor as far as Overlords go. But at least it does appear to be true she is the youngest. Youngest doesn't necessarily mean particularly modern period though. She could be younger than Valentino and Vox by only a year or so for example. I do think the keeping up with trends thing is true regardless, so her being a Social Media Influencer could well be a recent thing even if she's from a pre Social Media Earth.

Honestly it would be kind of hilarious if she's putting on the whole lovely millennial act when she's from the 60's or 70's. Her disdain towards Zestial would be sort of like a gamer grandma beefng with a knight templar.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

look moxxie, Im a disembodied face.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For those who never saw it, Brandon Rogers honors Vivienne Medrano with a 2023 Streamy Award:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arag9sKOlWs

This video is so very relateable.

I credit the cocaine.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Okay so Brandon is just a living toon. OK that all clicks into place

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Okay so Brandon is just a living toon. OK that all clicks into place

Oh honey, have you ever seen his body of work BEFORE him and Viv teamed up?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Brandon Rogers and Richard Horvitz united in "oh so their voice just sounds like that normally."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

For some reason I'm picturing Brandon Rogers making a great Judge Doom.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I still say so much about the dynamics makes sense if Vel is the baby and Vox and Val are her hilariously toxic dads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Flopsy posted:

Oh honey, have you ever seen his body of work BEFORE him and Viv teamed up?

Never heard of him before this, no.