Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This episode was kind of weird to me. There's some real good stuff here, but some of it didn't work that well for me. I really liked the stuff with Millie this episode, but conversely I wasn't huge on Moxxie's stuff. Moxxie's half of the Moxxie/Millie story felt kind of half baked to me but I can't really articulate why. Maybe I just couldn't deal with the voice Moxxie was putting on for the character, because I visually liked his disguise. Millie's stuff though was very fun, and she had probably my favorite song from the whole series so far. It's nice to get a little more insight into her character.

The Barbie thing was also kind of weird. It happened and then it was over in the span of like less than 5 minutes and that didn't really feel like enough time to devote to a character that's gotta be pretty important to Blitzo's past. Granted there's a certain level of building up in my head what the eventually Barbie introduction was going to be like but still. On the other hand, I really liked the character herself. Good voice acting, I like her design a lot, I hope when we revisit her it's sooner rather than later.

Very nice looking episode though, I can't believe a show with this much polish animation wise is just given to us for free on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

possibly the incest joke. also the councilor and barbie also the camp name. least from what i see.

The camp name is the wildest one, because the complaint was like UHHH AND THIS IS A CAMP WITH MINORS??? which is loving dumb of course, no one whined about Ms Chokesondick in South Park being the name of an elementary school teacher. It's just another thing to find something to hate Viv about, not actually something legitimate

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apperently also she had some really tragic poo poo happen in her personal life recently(not sure on specifics) but yeah that didnt help. I love loving around with voice AI for weird dumb memes/poo poo from dead cartoons but like ehh.

Her husband died last year. I think it was cancer?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i believe so, i think it was more recent sadly. I am not sure. I dont follow the personal lives of these people. I heard about it from a discord chat. i know the reasons she isnt in as much of season 2 is because of budget, they recorded most of season 2 two years ago.

Viv confirmed as much

https://twitter.com/lukacopelli/status/1678873301937012736?s=46&t=Fgeawy8q1j1l1WnsKnAIjg

She also mentions how Kesha and Norman Reedus didn't actually cost more than the regular cast

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly i still find it weirdly nuts that moxxie is basicaly just his regular voice. not an insult. sorta cool.

I said it in the other thread but he's the kind of voice actor where he rarely does more than just his one voice, but he puts little changes and inflections and different ways of saying things so the characters all still seem distinct. Dagget and Zim and Moxxie all talk very specific ways despite having the same voice

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I need Helluva Boss to get big enough that they start making Helluva Boss Nenderoids, I need one of each of the main 5 immediately

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/mistmistly/status/1684640915061870593?s=46&t=A2dAs186kc-kFL1y5YrbkA

This was in response to Viv posting that she donated $5k to the Lackadaisy Kickstarter on behalf of herself and the Spindlehorse team. The reason it's extra lovely is because it's someone on the Lackadaisy team. Viv has been super vocal about animation not being a competition and has supported Lackadaisy since day one, and it's wild that not only is someone still hating on her, it's someone working on Lackadaisy itself. Especially dumb considering people are working on one that have worked on the other

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Happy Landfill posted:

Already deleted. What did they say

drat,, can Viv ever catch a break?

It was a person from the Lackadaisy team being passive aggressive about her not posting the link to the Kickstarter and then ended the post with "it's not about being rich! 💕"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The wildest one so far is the guy, directly talking to Viv herself on Twitter, that he had seen leaks and so he knows they aren't bringing up stuff like Dhorks or the cherubs. They have since deleted those tweets but the sheer gall to @ the creator of a show and just so casually mention the leaks you saw

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

My guess is some kind of trapeezing accident that Blitzo hosed up and caused Fizzerolli to fall into a vat of acid or something (with Blitzo taking some splash damage from that). I'm guessing acid just because we know that Imps are immune to fire, although maybe it's special hellfire idk

Also someone pointed it out on Twitter, but he was definitely doing circus stuff when it happened because the only part of his face that wasn't burned is his nose, where his clown nose would be

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/impmurderpros/status/1690198347049734144?s=46&t=7WUwCJt2zegOMma7YyU-Ug

:ohdear:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/Onyx_Superbia/status/1690319841834708992
https://twitter.com/Onyx_Superbia/status/1690324096905818113

:3:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Apparently the big drama now is between lackadaisy fans and Hb fans because some team member may have retweeted terf poo poo or something.

I haven't kept up with this since the initial donation thing but I read around last night.

So it looks like the person who works on the Lackadaisy team who gave Viv poo poo for donating $5000 to the Lackadaisy Kickstarter had a bunch of transphobic tweets in his likes. Initially Tracy Butler was just basically ignoring the original situation and HB fans were not happy about nothing being done about this person. And then the transphobic stuff came up and HB folks were not happy about that and wanted Tracy to acknowledge it. There was eventually a response on the Lackadaisy Twitter and it was defending this employee. She then started blocking HB folks who were tweeting at her upset about this. Which she was probably getting bombarded so it makes sense, but it's not a great look to defend this particular employee. Even if you think this person isn't transphobic (the claim is the likes were being used as bookmarks, not actually liking transphobic tweets),, at the very least it's not great to even acknowledge how rude they were to Viv. So that's causing a whole thing.

Viv has yet to actually respond or acknowledge any of this, probably to her benefit

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh god we're getting backstory scenes too? Oh no :negative:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:toot:

https://twitter.com/impmurderpros/status/1700062250592334081?s=46&t=2bcKfTkeUplT_fbiELqFdw

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1sF6ZeASU0

New episode.

Probably one of the best ones out of the whole show? The animation is maybe the best it's ever been, there's Fizz and Blitzo stuff people have been dying for, and the music is REALLY good this episode? Top notch stuff in this episode

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Also interesting thing I saw pointed out. It was worked out a long time ago that Striker was a hybrid, and I think most people assumed snake. And then that changed once everyone had seen the shark demons and how they have several of the same design traits as Striker. However in this episode there's snake demons, and they also share similar stuff to the sharks like the eyes. So Striker might very well be part snake demon after all

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Flopsy posted:

Calling it now Fizz is going to be the key to Blitzo getting his poo poo together. If he can salvage one of his most precious old relationships he can certainly get it together for the rest.

I assume Verosika will be next up as far as that goes, and then Stolas, and then Barbie. I imagine the hardest one is going to be Barbie. It's one thing for Fizz to realize he was hurt so bad on accident, but it's a whole other thing that Blitzo's accident killed his and Barbie's mom.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Happy Landfill posted:

Helluva Boss fans mad that the comedy show does jokes, more at 11 :nallears:

I mean a lot of those people aren't even fans of the show. They're people that hate the show and hate Viv specifically that will hate watch the show just to complain about it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Happy Landfill posted:

An animator posted a new preview for the next ep already

https://twitter.com/0Nonie2/status/1705032862972440875?s=20

:3:

This is really cute and well done. And also I really hope that there's a portion of the show that is AFTER Stolas and Blitzo figure their poo poo out and you get to see them dating and being cute

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Poeple keep saying he has an Australian accent. Where is that info from?

I hope it's literally just Michael Cusack

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

There's a shot in there of Husker dancing and singing with Angel Dust that is going to drive art twitter into a frenzy :lol:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Brandon Rogers seems especially excited to be playing Blitzo. Like I'm sure all the VAs enjoy their characters but it seems on a different level with him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/HazbinHotel/status/1713288773885419820

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Specific casting:

Charlie: Erika Henningsen
Vaggie: Stephanie Beatriz
Alastor: Amir Talai
Angel Dust: Blake Roman
Husk: Keith David
Niffty: Kimiko Glenn
Sir Pentious: Alex Brightman
Vox: Christian Borrell
Valentino: Joel Perez

Keith David as Husk is the only one I'm kind of unsure about. Keith David is obviously great, but not really the voice I expecting coming out of Husk, especially knowing the voice he has in the pilot.

I do like that Alex Brightman is just fully on board with these shows.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm realizing the once voice they haven't announced is Adam, that golden and white angel. They haven't shown very much of him, but the promo art for him has a guitar. I'm going to make a crazy prediction now:

Adam is going to be voiced by Jack Black

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hoping against hope they are one of the rare ones that don't have have the stupid eyes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I heard Mammon was going to be Australian and sure enough he's voiced by Michael Cusack :buddy:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I Am Fowl posted:

With Tom Cardy doing the Juggling song!

Oh yeah that was awesome. Also related to Michal Cusack, there was one particularly recognizable nasally voice that kept screaming from the crowd: Zach Hadel.

Awesome voice work all around this episde. I also loved Mammon's transformation

edit: Oh that was mentioned!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I heard Zach and Lyle there too.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 29, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Mammon sounds like Bushworld Adventure Rick and I'm absolutely here for it.

There's a good reason for that :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I did wonder, but was too lazy to check.

I demand someone do a Mammon redub immediately!

Not quite a redub but I made this

https://twitter.com/Macaluso/status/1719124445107802357

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wonder if we'll eventually see all the sins (besides Lucifer) in Helluva Boss. We've only seen three, we haven't seen Sloth, Wrath or Envy yet. We haven't seen Envy the place at all though outside of a few of the fish demons

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The worst thing about the pilot is that Moxxie is just a huge rear end in a top hat that seems to hate Blitzo. I'm glad they changed it because I dunno if I could deal with Pilot Moxxie for very long

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Flopsy posted:

Last I heard Helluva Boss will be picking back up again in April but until then we're getting Hazbin Hotel to tide us over and a music video duet of Blitzo and Stolas in December.

Wait, the duet is a music video? I thought it was something from a future episode

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What an absolutely fuckin' sick as hell drawing of Loona

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/youtooz/status/1724109987885256895?s=46&t=zg0XgHT_di_DWV1ZvBwV8g

They have the correct eyes!!! Not the stupid youtooz eyes!!! :dance:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Did Viv say something like "one main character is definitely going to die" or something cause what are you guys talking about

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really don't think any of the people that Blitzo is close to in the main cast is going to die. I think that would be a needlessly cruel story for Blitzo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm curious how much it's going to matter. Bee is literally dating one of the lowest species on the hell hierarchy with Vortex and she doesn't at all hide it. She actively announces it. Maybe the other sins talk behind her back about it, but her episode didn't really give any indication that it's an issue considering how open she is about it. And while I imagine there won't be much crossover between the two shows, Charlie, the literal queen of the most powerful person in Hell is dating a former human sinner, and I think Lilith as well, is not a higher ranking demon, and from what little I can find, might be related to the succubi? There's literally NOTHING to go off of right now for that so I'm just speculating. I think the Asmodeus/Fizz thing is more that he's presented as very anti lovey dovey nonsense as the ruler of Lust, but he's in reality the complete opposite and that's going to hurt is brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have a feeling that demon royalty pretty much refers to the Goetias and whatever other similar things there are. I have to imagine a simple blessed bullet shot from an imp in the building across the street is not going to do much sins like Mammon and would just end up putting them in their demon rage state. I'm curious if they have to hide during the yearly purge or if they are powerful enough where it doesn't matter (not that they need to even be in the Pride ring during it in the first place). This is not going to be a question that either show is going to tackle however I think.