Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

That whole room had maybe 20 tubes at most. What did leela and the other employees do all day? It’s not like tubes were constantly being opened and more people coming out. Either you would end up with a bunch of empty tubes or just be sitting around waiting for other people with hundreds or thousands of years left on their timer. Yet the first episode gave the impression that unfreezing someone after thousands of years was a common occurrence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what's everyone's favorite mechanical pencil lead size?

i was always a 0.5mm guy, but i had some 0.7mm BICs and they weren't too bad, had a good sturdiness to them

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

i was always a 0.5mm guy, but i had some 0.7mm BICs and they weren't too bad, had a good sturdiness to them

keep it on topic please

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A later episode makes it quite clear that the tubes can be moved without waking their content.

Obviously that's not the only tubes they have. There's more elsewhere. They can just bring them into the right room when it's near their time. I can't believe I even have to explain it. I can't believe that's your biggest nitpick.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

pencilhands posted:

keep it on topic please

i'm trying to help

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm trying to help

How so?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

and furthermore, how does the crustacean talk and wear clothes?

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

How can all the celebrity heads in jars talk? They have no lungs to push air through their vocal cords.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Also, I laughed when Fry’s stupid dog wasted its life and died.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
listen man it's the year 3000 work is more pointless than ever

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bad Purchase posted:

.9mm HB, baby

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It was actually cumogenic. They were encased in cum

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Gatto Grigio posted:

How can all the celebrity heads in jars talk? They have no lungs to push air through their vocal cords.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

I used to prefer .5 because I mostly used it for math in school and being able to write really fine lines made the equations smaller.

My dad use to rock 1.0mm but it was a little absurd. It never broke though!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Gatto Grigio posted:

they are voice acted by people with real lungs in a room, apparently this is common in animation

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

A later episode makes it quite clear that the tubes can be moved without waking their content.

Obviously that's not the only tubes they have. There's more elsewhere. They can just bring them into the right room when it's near their time. I can't believe I even have to explain it. I can't believe that's your biggest nitpick.

spoilers for an old rear end cartoon
Nibbler and his crew would definately take care of anything there since Fry was the chosen one and all that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qssa6ec7faQ

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Slam Pajamas posted:

spoilers for an old rear end cartoon
Nibbler and his crew would definately take care of anything there since Fry was the chosen one and all that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qssa6ec7faQ

yeah, he was missing or had some brain pattern because he was his own grandpa

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender

Bad Purchase posted:

gently caress YOU 0.7MM

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MonkeyHate posted:

gently caress YOU 0.7MM

yeah! Take that Zoidberg!

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Bad Purchase posted:

Sorry if it's off lead topic, but BIC? Really? I was always a Zebra man myself, unless I felt like splurging on those Stadler Art pencils.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

JohnCompany posted:

Sorry if it's off lead topic, but BIC? Really? I was always a Zebra man myself, unless I felt like splurging on those Stadler Art pencils.

Zebra's DelGuard is pretty cool in that its spring "suspension" system allows you to use 0.5mm leads without ever breaking them. It fixed the one real problem with 0.5mm, which is better than 0.7mm in every other way. The finer the better, although I've never tried out the super specialty Japanese 0.3mm or 0.2mm options out there.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just started rewatching Futurama the other day and forgot how great it is right from the start, like normally shows take a season or two to really hit their stride but Futurama just comes out swinging

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

JohnCompany posted:

the basic BIC mechanicals were the cheapest so that's what my mom would buy for me when we picked out school supplies at the beginning of the year

i never got the fancy stuff, or even the slightly less crappy stuff, though to be honest the basic BIC pencils and pens were absolutely fine and i find them comforting to use now even as an adult probably due to nostalgia

these days i mostly use pens though, can't remember the last time i got a pencil out

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

I just started rewatching Futurama the other day and forgot how great it is right from the start, like normally shows take a season or two to really hit their stride but Futurama just comes out swinging

'And Fry you have that brain thing"

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
New episodes I guess start 7/24 :toot:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Bad Purchase posted:

Gotta agree with Brother Tadger, I can't go back after using .9. The wider lead can give your writing an almost calligraphic quality, and if you like to doodle it's fantastic. It does tend to smear a bit because you're putting down a lot more graphite but I think it's worth it for the expressive & flowing quality it gives my writing and drawing.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Its a cartoon OP

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Gatto Grigio posted:

Also, I laughed when Fry’s stupid dog wasted its life and died.

I had happy tears because I finally had someone on TV I could relate to :)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bad Purchase posted:

.7mm supremacy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

really enjoying these pencil lead insights, keep them coming!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I dont know how i can afford all these wizard master threads

All i have is a dollar. Perhaps a dollar and seven cents.

Wont someone help me

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I dont know how i can afford all these wizard master threads

All i have is a dollar. Perhaps a dollar and seven cents.

Wont someone help me

ill help u

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

no

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

wow, bite the hand that feeds you much?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

https://youtu.be/_dGh7p1tZmk

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm trying to help

How? Are you breaking into his house and setting fire to his PC?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Extra row of tits posted:

How? Are you breaking into his house and setting fire to his PC?

The new hotness is geolocating people's wifi SSIDs from screenshots they posted, then DMing them pictures of their house you took from your bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

New episodes I guess start 7/24 :toot:

yeah can't wait it's gonna be gre..

aww poo poo