Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Hello my fellow goons. Over the years as a poorgoon and a fast food lover I have come across many tips and tricks at the various joints to stretch your dollar. Feel free to use any of these "life hacks" or add your own!

- For less than the price of an iced coffee, you can buy a hot coffee, ask for a cup of ice and pour the hot coffee into the ice.

- Does the joint have a self-serve soda fountain? Ask for a cup of water. They will just hand you an empty cup and you can put whatever you want in it.

- Lots of "fast casual" type places simply place all of their to go orders on a big table or counter somewhere with no one paying attention. You can take something and walk out and no one will notice.

- Whenever you get a subway sandwich, ask for every vegetable and condiment. They can't say no and this will give you the most food/calories possible. You can separate the sandwich into portions at home.

- No one can stop you from using the bathroom without paying. This saves toilet paper and valuable time spent cleaning the toilet at home.

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
protip - The burger is the same size no matter what size meal deal you buy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Looking forward to when pencilhands makes some absolutely godawful thread like "why shouldn't we pay women less wages than men?" and getting banned after a SAD thread tribunal

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
- The hand sanitizer from the bathroom is cheaper than buying an extra sauce package and only slightly less tastier.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

jesus pencilhands i didnt realize things were so dire for you. anyway take my fast casual order and im gonna snap you like a #2

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

wheres your sig?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

EorayMel posted:

Looking forward to when pencilhands makes some absolutely godawful thread like "why shouldn't we pay women less wages than men?" and getting banned after a SAD thread tribunal

Why would I make a lovely thread like that? I'm not a republican

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

cumpantry posted:

wheres your sig?

oops thanks for the callout

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
If you suck off the guy behind the counter he's legally obligated to give you a free serving of fries.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I get the feeling that pencilhands can’t even afford to shop at the dollar store.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You can just pull a drink cup out of the trash, wash it off and refill it like you were the one that bought the drink.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You can just pull a drink cup out of the trash, wash it off and refill it like you were the one that bought the drink.

If youre going to go to all the trouble to find and wash a cup you can just wash your hands and use those to drink from

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

buy 100 big macs and then shuffle them like a blackjack dealer

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

bossy lady posted:

buy 100 big macs and then shuffle them like a blackjack dealer

This is a good idea.

You could get a 2 for 1 deal, the big mac for example, and just wait at the counter for someone to order one and sell one to them for half price.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Wee posted:

This is a good idea.

You could get a 2 for 1 deal, the big mac for example, and just wait at the counter for someone to order one and sell one to them for half price.

You’re not thinking big enough. Wait for two people to order them, sell them each one at 75% of the price. Boom, infinite money unlocked.

“It’s this crazy loophole in the system that the wrong guy discovered.”

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Christ alive.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If your local taco bell has one of those anti-junkie blue lights in the bathroom, you can still use the light from your lighter or a small flashlight to find a vein and bang the good poo poo. While you’re in there, pick a cup out of the garbage, fill it with your own blood and throw in the eyes of whoever’s behind the counter. Then you can stagger in and get as much free food as you want (but you won’t because you’re never hungry, so you can just take some cash).

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

if you're actually poor then any fast food is a waste of money you can eat way cheaper

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

if you're actually poor then any fast food is a waste of money you can eat way cheaper

Poor people treating themselves to luxuries everyone enjoys isn't a waste

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

go to taco bell, order a cheesy rollup no cheese + beans. wrap that around a taco supreme. double decker taco supreme is back

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
if you eat the big mac upside own it tastes better

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Poor people treating themselves to luxuries everyone enjoys isn't a waste

if that luxury is a big mac then yeah it is.

im poor af but my luxury expenditure is weed so any food tastes good

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

if that luxury is a big mac then yeah it is.

im poor af but my luxury expenditure is weed so any food tastes good

Pretty rich to think you can speak for all poor people

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Wee posted:

Pretty rich to think you can speak for all poor people

im actually king of the poors so it's my right

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
'Steal someone else's food' is a good tip, I'll try this next time I'm in a three star.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

These are great tips thank you pencilhands

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Torquemada posted:

'Steal someone else's food' is a good tip, I'll try this next time I'm in a three star.

Just wait for someone to order at the drive through and as they leave hijack their car.

Then DB Cooper it near your house.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
There was this TV show called "Con" and the first sketch was about how to get free drinks at fast food places by carrying around a trunk full of old, washed fast food cups in your car and then using them in to get free drinks from places. I was impressed by how dedicated the guy was to saving a dollar on a soda.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

this is great content. keep it up!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Smugworth posted:

These are great tips thank you pencilhands

your welcome

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Go to the local Wendys, McDonalds, and BK, eat like half the burger, then send it back and demand a refund because you found a band aid in it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Drive around and say they forgot an item.

Do it to like 12-15 places and have a big feast

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

fast food lifehack: don't fuckin eat it.

Thanks, I'll be here all weekend

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Are there any hacks for how to pick up a burger when you have pencils for hands? Just kind of stab it?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can quietly open a 0.5mm lead refill pack on display by the counter and load it into your own personal BIC mechanical pencil that you brought with you, and then leave the restaurant without paying for the lead

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

order your food in the app so you don't have to repeat yourself 3 times to the person taking your order

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A real hack is, and its easy if you have ever used an EFTPOS machine before, is to just give yourself a refund when everyone walks away from the counter.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

want to reach a consensus on best mcchicken configuration:

mcchicken add cheese add pickles and with hot sauce from home (prefer valentina, will also accept packets of taco bell fire sauce as best option)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

haggle with fast food workers, works best during a rush when lines are long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sometimes people just leave partially eaten items on their table, if you're faster than the employees clearing them you can eat for free.