Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

you could get a job at the restaurant, they pay you and usually have a free or discounted meals for employees plus you can probably just make yourself food on your break most restaurant employees do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
If you say "pencilhands sent me" before ordering at most fast food joints, the employees are obligated to show you the double-secret menu. Give it a try!

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i eat out of the dumpster behind mcdonalds like a normal person

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

R.L. Stine posted:

I wouldn't really call eating at home a "lifehack"

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

lol

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Go around the neighborhood and heavily promote an amateur wrestling show in which the main event is me power-slamming pencilhands face-first into the deep fryer during the middle of the dinner rush

Works every time, always a massive turnout, the managers actually pay me and give me free food for doing this

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

not having to pay for groceries or wifi or rent is quite possibly the ultimate life hack, a tually. check and mate. you've just been owned :cool:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres a secret discount menu that only the manager knows about but you have to ask for it

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Ingenium posted:

Say you are paying for the person behind you in the drive thru, then immediately get back in the drive thru behind them and order to your hearts content as they continue the pay it forward chain.

FIFTY FIVE BURGERS, FIFTY FIVE FRIES!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wait until you see a customer being a raging rear end in a top hat, then go up to the counter and be really nice to a net a discount.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

be the raging rear end in a top hat and get your mcnuggets for free because they want you out of the building as fast as possible

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

R.L. Stine posted:

You leave my mother out of this

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Jailhouse Menudo

Ingredients:

3 packages of Top Ramen noodles (Beef or Roast Beef flavor tastes best), broken into pieces then cooked according to package directions but pour out most of the water once its done cooking

1 large dill pickle (extra tangy or zesty garlic flavor tastes best), diced into small pieces plus 1/4 cup of the pickle juice out of the jar

Beef stick or Slim Jim jerky, sliced in small pieces (about 2 to 3 ounces of beef stick) OR (6 Slim Jims, short ones in the can)

3 small bags (kids lunch size) or 4 ounces of Crunchy Cheetos, (regular crunchy, or use the flaming hot flavor for extra zip and heat to your menudo)

1 Cup Cheese popcorn (can use plain popcorn if that's all you have)

Instructions:

Put your packages of ramen noodles on to cook in a large pot, cook about 3 to 4 minutes, drain out most of the water, add the seasoning packets and mix well.

While your ramen noodles are cooking, dice and slice your dill pickle and Slim Jim OR beef jerky stick in small pieces, the smaller the better.

Once you've prepared your Ramen Noodles and mixed in the seasoning packets, add the dill pickle and Slim Jim OR beef jerky stick pieces and the 1/4 cup of pickle juice from the jar, and stir well.

Right before sitting down to eat your bowl of Jailhouse Menudo, add the Cheetos (lightly crush them a little, not too much) and the cheese popcorn, mix well.

Serve in bowls, feeds 3 to 4 people.

Tips:

The amounts listed here can be adjusted up or down depending on taste and your preference.

Popcorn tastes good in the Jailhouse Menudo but I hate all the hulls. If there is such a thing as hull-less popcorn, it would be perfect for this recipe. Because of the popcorn hulls, I frequently leave the popcorn completely out of the recipe.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

if the fast food location you visit has freshly washed floors (indicated by that little yellow sign), walk through the cleaned area a few times while dragging your feet cleaning your shoe's soles for free.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
if you get french fries, try putting "ketchup" on them

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Bula Vinaka posted:

Jailhouse Menudo

Ingredients:

3 packages of Top Ramen noodles (Beef or Roast Beef flavor tastes best), broken into pieces then cooked according to package directions but pour out most of the water once its done cooking

1 large dill pickle (extra tangy or zesty garlic flavor tastes best), diced into small pieces plus 1/4 cup of the pickle juice out of the jar

Beef stick or Slim Jim jerky, sliced in small pieces (about 2 to 3 ounces of beef stick) OR (6 Slim Jims, short ones in the can)

3 small bags (kids lunch size) or 4 ounces of Crunchy Cheetos, (regular crunchy, or use the flaming hot flavor for extra zip and heat to your menudo)

Instructions:

Put your packages of ramen noodles on to cook in a large pot, cook about 3 to 4 minutes, drain out most of the water, add the seasoning packets and mix well.

While your ramen noodles are cooking, dice and slice your dill pickle and Slim Jim OR beef jerky stick in small pieces, the smaller the better.

Once you've prepared your Ramen Noodles and mixed in the seasoning packets, add the dill pickle and Slim Jim OR beef jerky stick pieces and the 1/4 cup of pickle juice from the jar, and stir well.

Right before sitting down to eat your bowl of Jailhouse Menudo, add the Cheetos (lightly crush them a little, not too much) and the cheese popcorn, mix well.

Tips:

The amounts listed here can be adjusted up or down depending on taste and your preference.

Popcorn tastes good in the Jailhouse Menudo but I hate all the hulls. If there is such a thing as hull-less popcorn, it would be perfect for this recipe. Because of the popcorn hulls, I frequently leave the popcorn completely out of the recipe.

How long were you in the slammer for

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

Bula Vinaka posted:

Jailhouse Menudo

Thanks Harvey for the zoo zoo

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Tell the drive through attendents about the specific details of your gastrointestinal symptoms should anyone even mention gluten within earshot of you.

"Yeah there's a little poo running down my leg right now just because of this conversation".

They might give you free stuff or recommend some good Facebook groups for that kind of thing.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Often the employees at the drive through window will hand you your drink and sometimes even food as you are handing them your payment card. You could technically just give them a fake card and drive off with free food.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can eat the food you bought and tell them you’re still hungry and need more, they have to give it to you if you say you’re still hungry

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Often the employees at the drive through window will hand you your drink and sometimes even food as you are handing them your payment card. You could technically just give them a fake card and drive off with free food.

I do this but its fake money

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Wait until you see a customer being a raging rear end in a top hat, then go up to the counter and be really nice to a net a discount.
You can go up and be a raging rear end in a top hat, then run out and put on a false moustache and run back in to be nice, you just have to be quick (you can also wear the moustache as the rear end in a top hat persona, it's up to you) (or you could pull this stunt together with your identical twin if one of you is wearing a moustache)

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sophy Wackles posted:

I get the feeling that pencilhands can’t even afford to shop at the dollar store.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Bad Purchase posted:

ask if you can bum a cigarette, then unroll it and eat the tobacco inside for a healthy plant-based snack

I know we're dunking on PH but if you need to fake an illness eating a cigarette will make you vomit within the hour so unethical tip here

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
drive off without paying for gas and pirate all your games movies and music, bing bong simple hacks

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

AvesPKS posted:

If you pick up old cigarette butts off the ground and fill your pipe with that tobacco, hey, free pipe tobacco.

I've actually done this one, for awhile when I was really poor.

:smith:

You can also put a McChicken in a McDouble, they can't stop you!

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
Dump all of your food onto the floor. They're legally responsible to replace it. Voila, two meals

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
I’ve ordered a burger and then called the restaurant and been like “I’m lactose intolerant and asked for no cheese but I got cheese on my burger and I can’t eat it now :(“ and they’ll tell you to come back to the restaurant and get a replacement for free :twisted:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

there was a sincere lifehacks thread here years ago where a bunch of goons said they would pretend to be diabetic or something and order fries with no salt at mcdonalds so the workers would have to make a new thing of fresh fries. and then they'd just pour salt packets on the fries lol

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This will only work in certain stores because prices will be different, but in the Burger King app you can add a Rodeo Cheeseburger ($1.79), add cheese (.20), an extra patty (1.00), and you will have built a Double Rodeo Cheeseburger for the price of a regular Double Cheeseburger (2.99).

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I went to a Kentucky Derby party in San Francisco with a friend. Good party. We crashed at a hotel downtown and our room was on the 3rd floor. Out the window we can see the backside of a McDonalds. At 2 AM he announces he's going to go get some McDonalds. "It's closed" I say. "Nah, I can get some food" he says. He heads out and I watch from the window. He completely dumpster dives and comes back in 10 minutes with a couple of bags of burgers and fries. Microwaves everything and chows down.

McD's throws out everything they didn't sell at the end of the day, so a few burgers and a pile of fries are in the hot dumpster; at least 5 hours old. This was before fast food places would pour chlorine or whatever in the dumpsters to keep homeless people from raiding them.

I will admit I considered a cheeseburger as I was drunk and hungry; everyone knows even good reheated fries are an atrocity. I maintained a semblance of dignity and took a pass on the dumpster burgs.

But yeah, dumpster dive at late hours. Just check for chlorine or ammonia smells before eating.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There's lots of calories in ketchup and hot sauce packets.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
If you bury yourself at the bottom of the dumpster, you can eat the thrown out burgers and fries while they’re still hot and fresh.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Bula Vinaka posted:

Jailhouse Menudo

Ingredients:

Instructions:

Tips:

This recipe but in that obnoxious 2 am chili format

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

SLAP THAT MOTHERFUCKING JERKY IN THE BITCHASS CHEETOS OH HELL YEAH THATS THE loving poo poo MY DUDE SLAM THAT COCKSUCKING SUBSCRIBE FUCKBUTTON YOU DICK

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

many businesses have a gas shutoff valve on the outside of the building

if you turn it off and break the handle, the kitchen will end up having to throw out food in various states of preparation while waiting on a repair

that's where you come in, hiding in the dumpster

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“I’m sorry, you seem to have forgotten my McFlurry” has gotten me a lot of free McFlurry’s over the years

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you go to a neighborhood with a lot of old people you can steal their Sunday newspaper and take the fast food coupons for extra savings

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can steal lunch money from kids in a school parking lot, they are small and easily bullied

if you brandish a weapon, the school resource officer will hide in the library allowing you free rein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hide on the roof of your favorite fast food restaurant right above the drive thru window. Whenever a car pulls up to collect their food, drop a rope with a hook attached and yoink the bag right out of their hands.