Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Can always use another excuse to watch movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Can I pick obscure Shot on Video movies or do I need to stick to stuff more easily available?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gunna need everyone to get subscriptions to povhorror.com

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

herculon posted:

So do we get trophies on how long we watched the movie?

Speedrun them by turning up the playback speed

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I haven't seen this since it came out. I most remember PSH calling someone a pig gently caress. Looking forward to a rewatch.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

copy posted:

*after watching Dredd and Fury Road back to back and howling with excitement* oh what yeah no Perfect Blue was always at the top of my list

Fungah! posted:

my picks been going between speed racer and shin godzilla since sc64 mentioned movie club so i am unaffected. and will continue to be so

Hell yeah

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

my favorite scene is the one with laura dern b/c she's a loving angel and if we crossed paths i would hold my breath so as not to befoul the air around her

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm mostly echoing the other folks here's love for the movie. Amazing performances and it looks amazing, even the simpler scenes are shot with love and care. While Pheonix and PSH are great I want to shout out Amy Adams too.

Loved that shot of Freddie running across the farmland when he's accused of poisoning the old man and also the shot of Freddie between the two house as he leaves Doris's house when he tells her he's shipping out and she should take her trip. The pig gently caress scene and Laura Dern scenes also rule.

"We are not animals"
*passing note that reads, "do you want to gently caress?"*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gone Fashing posted:

the master ruled. psh was really one of a kind.

Miss seeing him in new movies fr

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This sounds awesome

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fungah! posted:

adding your vice is a locked room and only I have the key to my picklist

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fungah! posted:

my dude. dont do this

Got it :cheers:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It is a solid giallo tho

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i have so many more australian films i want to make people watch

road games

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Was pretty entertained by Malcolm. The gadgets make for some fun scenes and I thought the trio bonding had some good storytelling. The remote robbery made me lol pretty good.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Great pick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fungah! posted:

also anyone who hasnt seen it this reminded me a lot of tokyo drifter, same wild use of color, some similar cues for cinematography. difference is the director here was clearly trying to make something he loved and seijun suzuki was 100% sick of makin yakuza flicks and didnt give a poo poo who knew it lol

Tokyo drifter is sick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I love how much style Hausu has. It's so charming.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Also noticed this

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The piano kill is so awesome

5/5 film

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 28, 2023

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

copy posted:

like 7 minutes into house and the editing/framing in this is really interestng so far. like the scene where they filmed it behind the glass panels seems like they were going for osmething cool but im not sure if it landed or not. will need to think more on it

copy posted:

lol this poo poo's wild

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Martman posted:

The whole thing is on Youtube, and I guess Dave Foley even commented on the video and seems to be happy it's posted there lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fab89eIgswc

ty

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The wrong guy was another solid pick. Enjoyed it for the most part but some of the cop stuff and the farm stuff make the pacing feel off.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pale Flower was awesome. Bbv movie club knocking it out with these picks. The score and editing on this are really cool and both leads give great performances. I really liked the dream sequence where Muraki sees Saeko doing drugs with Yoh. The ending was really cool.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm a total sucker for films that use dream imagery and logic

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thought Sword of Doom was badass, agree it feels a little long though I wouldn't cut anything so whatever.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
its House

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Mandy is so bad rear end

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Finally get to bust out my gamera blurays

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Roth posted:

I wish

Give me a discount

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Rewatched Mandy, still as excellent as I remember it, people meme a lot about Cage but he is absolutely one of the best actors on this generation, especially when it comes to silent action. Every gesture he made, every expression on his face conveyed so much more than words and Cosmatos' direction really manages to convey the sheer strangeness of being inside a dream or ea nightmare.

Imo Cage is the best actor currently working. He's simply incredible.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

he's also usually miscast. his range isn't the same as it was 20 years ago or 30 years ago. he's still great tho

He will happily take any role lol, and part of it the last few years is people wanting the "cage experience" vs letting him develop the role. Mandy gives you the best of both and Color out of Space is similar in striking that balance.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Very nice

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I love how when the cult calls up the biker gang to kidnap Mandy it's like a demon summoning ritual

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah gamera was very cool, tons of great imagery and the suits looked amazing

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
drat looking forward to this, like Chuck it's been on my watchlist for some time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

rodbeard posted:

Couldn't find it for free anywhere so I actually rented it off of amazon so this is actually my first time renting a movie in over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Le Samourai was pretty solid, Valerie and Jane were great. Enjoyed them more than almost every other character.

3.5/5