Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Recently got to show the wife Speed Racer, and while she liked it, she managed to one up me by showing me Redline, which I hadn't seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

He had a pretty good role in V for Vendetta as well as the blowhard TV personality. Not to be confused with Stephen Fry who also played a blowhard TV personality in the same movie.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Crank 2: I haven't seen Crank 2 since I worked in a theater and caught like half hour bits during my lunch breaks. Everything about this movie is just hideous and retarded but that's pretty much the point so they loving nailed it 4/5

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lol it's been a sec since I seen tommy

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

we need a proper gamer musical

Bye Bye Birdo

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Nimh was nice, been a while since I've seen it. Bluth definitely falls into the school of thought were it's more important for scenes to look and feel compelling than to have any underlying cohesion or flow. Like it bounces around between tech and magic and everything in between because obviously he knows it's a kids film and it's more important to create memorable snapshots for children then to do like worldbuilding or nerdy poo poo for adults. I really appreciate how intense and uncompromising a lot of scenes feel for a kids film, all of the 'magic' is super visceral and the action scenes are very frantic and chaotic. 3/5. Woulda been a 4 but I really hate the loving bird.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Rocky

As far as sports movies go it's second to none, and it's just an incredible movie through and through. There's something very authentic about it and maybe it's because it's an underdog movie made by underdogs and it supercharges the audience to root for Rocky to just show that he's worth something, anything, to the people around him. The one criticism I have of the movie it's that it spends a really large amount of the time on Rocky and Adrian's romance which is the least interesting of all the little character arcs. Rocky's relationships with Paulie, his manager, and hell, even Gazzo are more interesting and reflect more onto what kind of person Rocky is/wants to become. 9/10

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

copy made this week's pick

The Fifth Element - dir. by Luc Besson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEf8XHToGI

This movie will expire December 25th.

The Fifth Element can be watched for free on Pluto and Youtube with ads.

lmao gently caress ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Just got Collateral in under the wire. Just great moviemaking all around.