Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
yeah ill watch movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
had to research my picks a bit to make sure they werent really annoying to find and i think ive got a good one

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
finished the master. crazy good. love how freddy and the master are just crazy codependent on each other, and they both end up worse for it.

i think the idea of freddy as an unwanting animal is a lil off. i think he wants more from life, which is mostly centered on the idea of doris to him. but hes so unwilling and even incapable of change that even admitting this was a struggle, let alone actually taking meaningful steps. i think this is why he was initially drawn to the master. the master is an authority figure thats actually interesting to him, and interested in him. and the initial sessions even where hes egging the master on to do more. he really believed that whatever the master was cooking up could change him. he wastes so much time on this idea and his behavior is constantly flipping between denial at this and trying to make it work, and anger when he realizes it actually wont do anything.

i think the worst part is he eventually did build up the courage on his own, when he sped off into the desert. but he found out all the time hed spent dicking around meant that the thing he obsessed over, the person he made his ideal of normalcy, is gone now. and then at that point i think he just totally gives up. its pretty sad. i think at that point he is more like just an animal, but its because he had something human and lost it. thats how i feel.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
clarks sorta an enigma with that and i think hes meant to be. it makes him a less clear piece than the truly invested (peggy) and the absolutely checked out (val). hes at least close enough to do that reaction thing so i have to assume he at least works at looking like he believes.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Malcolm is legally available in the US thanks to archive.org

https://archive.org/details/malcolm-1986

lets go

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
since its 2 movies always on a weekly rotation you could prob save characters by just listing them in order. the first ones always gonna rotate out on the next monday and the second is gonna rotate a week after

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
watched malcolm. pretty cute movie overall and i liked it. you can def tell its an early work by these people though cuz it doesnt fully come together but it wasnt a bad watch at all. my australian wife watched along with me and had some laughs too. good stuff.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
drat, i had a perfect movie to go for the "short title that starts with m" hat trick if i won but hey i might still get a chance another week lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Roth posted:

We'll get another chance to watch Madagascar don't worry

if one cant respect the comedic stylings of david schwimmer i dunno if they belong in the movie club...

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
hell yeah i love japanese cinema. this sounds good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away