Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I tried to keep up with this last time and enjoyed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fucker posted:

:airquote:master:airquote:
  • surrounded by easy marks that make him feel unfulfilled
  • lame rear end family that hates him
  • laser-eyed wife ready to castrate him with a butchers knife so he cant even cheat like he wants
  • couldnt keep his freddie pet even though he tried every trick in the book
  • stuck in the united kingdom lmfao

freddie
  • skilled at beating ppl up, mixing drinks and photography means hell always find a job somewhere for a couple of months before they find out hes a psycho
  • traveling the whole world as a stowaway
  • no longer envious cause he knows he could have it much worse
  • gets to share stories ab the time he escaped a cult
  • dies from drunkedly falling overboard from some random ship in his mid 50s, had a pretty sick life until then, all things considered

100% happy ending

lol hell yeah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i love how much of a shitstain freddie looks in every scene, surrounded with these impeccable people

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

herculon posted:

If the person after you picks Don’t Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood, I will buy this website just to permaban them

good pull

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

the music is so good in this movie, thank you penguin cafe orchestra

Jenny Agutter posted:

Malcolm was a lot of fun, the heists were cute and the relations between the characters were a good balance of sweet and tense. Even at 90 minutes there were some extraneous scenes but it’s impressive what they did on a relatively small budget so I don’t begrudge not having another big set piece.

yes yes

i liked that malcolm was actually interested in it and doing it himself

starbarry clock posted:

my favorite part was easily the heist i actually had a decent lol when the heist music stopped while the guard searched around and then it came back on when he went into the elevator and IMMEDIATELY stopped again when he popped out one more time that was good poo poo

lol yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

house is so sick jesus

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

weird is better than scary

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i wanna see house but it never turns into a horror movie, just the intro for the entire run time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Plutonis posted:

The wrong guy was great, really miss when comedies just went machine-gun spraying with visual gags, not on the level of the Zucker Brothers classics but it still got me lmaoing most of the time. 7.5/10

just watched it and yeah what a good dumb movie

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Guy just reedits the entire movie to not make it look like dogshit lol. you could do the same thing for glen or glenda.

the movie has some cool stuff and a clear enough message so that if you go off your memory of it you can trick yourself into remembering a good movie. not one that is noisy both auditory and visually in a way that makes it actively unpleasant to sit through

i find the noise to be very pleasant

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

symbolic posted:

teh sword of d00m

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i actually did watch sword of doom

i loved the lead actor and his constant cold faces

i found it interesting that, from his point of view, im not sure if he actually killed anyone without reason, even if they werent exactly good reasons. please correct me if im wrong. the grandpa prays for his own death. bunny usagi attacked him first, he was quick to point that out lol. his 'wife' tried to kill him first, and then asked for her death. others were prepared for battle and had the means to fight back, he wasnt even one to attack first during the assassinations

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lol that's fair

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

Love an excuse to rewatch Mandy. For anyone who hasn’t watched it, their is a brief post credits scene

Finally, a real movie

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

him getting friendly with the kid who attacked him is cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Thank you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Finally watched Mandy today, plenty of good scenes but doesnt add up to much, i wanna rewatch heavy metal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

watched gamera

starbarry clock posted:

it made gyaos such a heel to gently caress with the tokyo tower too culturally speaking that mustve really cemented gyaos as not just a random rampaging monster but actually evil to the japanese lol

this was great, the movie was in high gear after this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gamera getting knocked out of the air had me thinking of chocolate drop

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

god le samourai is so good but i think i could fall for any 60s paris film

the whole original crime set up followed by the police interrogation felt like an episode with columbo but obviously it cannot play out so nicely

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hana-bi

absolutely wonderful

i love the slow pace and how quiet this is, the tight shots, the music the build up to and the whole bank robbery scene i loved everything about this

Jenny Agutter posted:

watched Hana-bi, I see why everyone is so big on Beat Takeshi now. it was funny and tragic, if a little hard to believe that a cop that violent would be so tender with his wife. really loved the painter character, watching him go from suicidal to gradually growing into his art, it was a really good performance. good movie club pick!

yeah the painter stuff is great

there hasnt been a lot of posts about this but do not skip it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

watched speed racer last night, i was 100% on board by the end of it
when he was driving on a single wheel at the end of the grand prix, the car looked like a hot wheels toy, and i was cheering right along

Fungah! posted:

nonjas wasnt doin it for me the first time i watched until he started talkin about the general decline in quality of the ninja lol

even before he talked they did quick zoom into this shot and i loved it

Leadthumb posted:

Oh yeah and I thought that part where the sides of the track had a series of zebra images animate as they race down the track was cool, even if they probably just rigged it in post or whatever.

yeah that was great

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

If yall needed more excuses to watch movies the CineD October challenge thread is up. Tis the spooky season.

Bad jokes aside, dude has helped with promoting a lot of SA community,especially the horror commmunity.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

crank 2 didnt work for me, i was on board for a while but after a while it felt like the hard pace gives way to take too many breaks for things like the nipple scene and chelios as a kid and venus doing whatever. i dont care, play more loud music while stupid poo poo happens, the rest of this sucks

after the movie ended and i had my tv still turned up, my xbox dinged incredibly loudly "PutridSack liked your activity" perfect

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

herculon posted:

Musicals are back, baby!

I love musicals

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The first time I saw Tommy it was a double feature followed by the Sgt Pepper movie, what a whiplash

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my crew at the gamestop window the night of the ff7r2 release

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It is musicals month

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i love this shot in the intro of high noon where it zooms out from the bad guys riding through the streets through the window to the wedding scene

also the giant crane shot before the showdown showing how alone our loser hero really is

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

tommy

i like the way this movie has a odd pace to it, it still works perfectly well, though the parts after tommy can see do suffer from it a bit as has been mentioned. its an obvious artifact of how it was made to be an album and then became a movie. many musicals are rather careful to dole out their plot, even writing songs to be a bit repetitive, in case people miss lyrics, or do the corny sing talking, or have lengthy dialogue parts between songs and just let the songs be flavor. again, wanting to make a cool album superseded this normal sense, it may linger on a plot point too long, or dash through one, it first and foremost had to sound cool and look cool, and its succeeds with this method and keeps you involved using those skills

why does sally get married to a little frankenstein

forbidden zone

lol

this is a lot of fun with a lot of good gags.
im into how much is throwbacks to old cartoons and shorts like the songs from fleischer cartoons or the three stooges. a lot of the "real world" gave that feeling
the clutch cargo mouth on a real person is such a good silly idea lol
frenchies song in class just getting talked over lol
i love the queen and the guy who played squeezit & rene
interesting how while over the top and wacky the rest of it is, the plot is very straightforward

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

symbolic posted:

Tommy

this was extremely fuckin weird and i liked, idk, 2/3rds of it? the music was great ofc and i was soypointin at all the guests musicians as a music geek but it's very easy to tell that it was about the music first and a story second. i thought it'd be a lot more about like Tommy's journey to become the world pinball champion than it turned out to be. felt like it started losing a lot of steam after he regained his senses and i wish that happened way later. there was also more than a few scenes that just felt either way too out there or just kinda unnecessary i guess (his pervert relatives, the Frankenstein marriage that i didn't realize was actually literal, world peace via hang glider, his mom bathing in beans seriously wtf lol). i'm glad i watched it since it felt outlandish in some really cool ways otherwise and the ending was wonderfully shot but i don't think i'd do it again. extra half-point for Roger Daltrey looking like a snack tho

6.5/10

we need a proper gamer musical

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

more foreign trash someone is suggesting just to look cultured :rolleyes:

Yes please

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Memories of Murder

i was pretty hungry while watching this but couldnt force myself to pause it to get food, the highest rating possible

what a bummer (in the good way)
the stench of failure overhanging the plot is fascinating. we move from the press taking celebratory pictures to protesters outside the station to even children saying everyone knows the cops just beat confessions out of people. our main characters fall apart, and only accomplished in making the lives worse of those around them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

November

this has a ton of great stuff in it that I loved but has some bizarre tone and pacing, or would have dramatic music stings out of place. when it had me in its grasp it really really had me

the ghosts just being some dudes, and the couple trying to sweet talk them to get their treasure

the plague scenes
the amazing snowman storytelling

i love it I LOVE IT

but then you get a scene like repeating the joke "youre getting married to the pig, right?" 10 times, or the first person rape scene

overall i was into it and will think of it fondly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

justwatch pointed me to this site i didnt know about (but i didnt end up using it) https://www.kanopy.com/en it lets you stream movies for free with your library card have any of you used it before

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

herculon posted:

My local library isn’t supported

i asked about it because mine doesnt either but i could get a card in another region that does from family, good luck

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hes too late to post 😞