Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I feel like that roller coaster could use some more or bigger torches. Maybe even flames in the eyes, or is that too cheesy? And I guess more fire might be a safety hazard.

Also, how about the name Ill-Starred Islands for the island region? Though I guess that kind of conveys an impression of inevitable failure and financial ruin more so than zombie apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

DarkLich posted:

If you want any employees or guests named after you, post and let me know! We will favorite them, and check-in later.
Dear Park Management:
I have been reading some interesting advertisements about your new theme park and would enjoy getting in on the ground floor of attending of your fine establishment as a cheery and well-funded guest.

Signed,
Magus Starsia

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Let's meet our first batch of new employees!

By popular demand posted:

Boris P. Demille reporting for work!
What do you mean janitor? I'm a certified custodial technician!

When I found Boris, he was chatting it up in the cafe. His location would indicate that he's trying to avoid the boss's gaze. Good work, Boris!

someone awful. posted:

can I be a janitor, please and thank you :buddy:

Sam Juan departs a sparkling clean washroom. Someone immediately spills their bon-bons while seated at the toilet.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Please put Rocky Babydoll down for security duty please.

After stepping in some vomit, Rocky Babydoll tries to arrest it.

Red_Fred posted:

I would like to be a grumpy guest please Red Fred!

Red Fred is grumpy while waiting in line for the Queen of the Dead. Maybe if he wasn't so stingy, he could solve his food and drink needs.

Cythereal posted:

Volunteering to be a mechanic!

Cy finishes up at the chicken spot, having just repaired their deep dryer.

~

As for the rest of you, I'll get you added in the next batch. I still have finances to maintain and can't increase headcount too much!

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Initial Expansion

The park has been open for a couple of months, and it's not quite profitable yet. Guests are still arriving, so ride maintenance costs usually outweigh profit until more folks are roaming the park.

In this scenario, I have myself a pretty hefty starting budget of $50,000. Campaign missions in this game usually start you closer to 20k, with a few established rides. In my case though, I like to over-decorate, and that costs lots of money.

Might as well build a few rides while we wait for more guests to arrive! The park needs to build towards the crater, as that will be the central hub that connects all districts. Since the entrance area is not specific to any mode of destruction, I need something that's broadly apocalyptic. See if you can guess the theme of this ride before its revealed at the end~

This will be a "Steeplechase" coaster. They're very gentle, have very few options for coaster sections, and have a pitiful max height. The ramp you see above is currently as tall as it gets.

These coasters are made for babies. I'll make the ride 'dueling', so it's a bit more exciting.

Dueling coasters have synchronized stations, launching the car at the same time. It's especially thrilling when you have a rival to race against, passing each other and encountering close calls.

However, they're much tougher to build. I haven't built one since I played RCT3, many many years ago. This wimp-coaster will be a good way to practice this for later dueling rides.

It takes a couple of attempts, but the coaster is complete. In the menu, I toggle the stations to be synchronized. Then there's a little bit more tinkering to narrow the margin of victory at the end.

One thing to note - the docking stations are way too big for the ride length. See the extra cars still waiting to be launched? There's not much reason for me to change it at this point, but it's not efficient. The only advantage is that during a catastrophic failure, riders would crash into an empty car instead of a loaded one.

There's a bit of landscaping I do to sink the coaster into the ground. Since this area already has classical architecture, I figure I really really lean into the 'ruined history' feel of the area. This also provides more real estate for another ride that will fit the eventual theme.

My money is draining quickly with the expansion.

The area is developed into having a crumbling appearance. The default game assets are all very pristine, so I have to get creative with sloped walls and various shapes.

The carousel is relocated and decorated too. This gives me a bit more room for a courtyard. This is already going to be a dense cluster of rides, so I want to make sure the queue entrances are separated a bit.

Since this game is grid based, most buildings and creations look very square. Anytime this game gives an opportunity to build round, or even diagonally, you should take it! It really helps vary up the appearance of the park. Carousels are such an opportunity.

Here we are, with our new trio of gentle rides! Pale Rider VS War Horse, and a carousel full of other animals featured in the end-times. Now everyone can gallop in as a harbinger of doom! If you have a clever name for the carousel, please share!

Since I was already relying on classical architecture, I embraced the concept and went with a ruined hippodrome. The core area is complete, and the remainder will be decorated once I figure out the pathing around these new attractions.

I couldn't feature all four horsemen, unfortunately, as that would've been a complete nightmare to build. Maybe there's a way to build a four-way synchronized station, but I'll have to wait until I've got a budget for it!

In the end, the dueling coaster wasn't too hard to build. The toughest part was configuring the entrance queues, especially while being partially underground. Next time, we will get more breathing room around those stations! Next I'd like to build dueling restrooms.

~

Coming up next, we look at guest feedback and see if any changes are required! There's also the matter of building a zone transition into the crater district.

DarkLich fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 16, 2023

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Might as well go Good Omens on the carousel and name it The Other Guys

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

DarkLich posted:

Let's meet our first batch of new employees!

When I found Boris, he was chatting it up in the cafe. His location would indicate that he's trying to avoid the boss's gaze. Good work, Boris!

And I can assure you I will keep up this high standard of work, that's a capital "P" promise!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Carousel

Time is a flat circle

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Dwarf Guest me, please!

For ride names:
  • The Drain Circler
  • Dy-spin-tery
  • You, Too, Shall Pass
  • Not Here Furlong
  • Circular Galloping Squad
  • Parting Shot
  • Ring Around the Rosie
  • The Futility Of Running
  • Futility
  • Death Riders
  • Familiar Faces

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Gotta have a tribute to the euthanasia rollercoaster.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Is that the Ruins of Atlantis?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Volmarias posted:

Dwarf Guest me, please!

For ride names:
  • The Drain Circler
  • Dy-spin-tery
  • You, Too, Shall Pass
  • Not Here Furlong
  • Circular Galloping Squad
  • Parting Shot
  • Ring Around the Rosie
  • The Futility Of Running
  • Futility
  • Death Riders
  • Familiar Faces

"Death Riders" is good.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Pyroi posted:

We CLEARLY need an entertainer then. Just round out the list.

I'll hire one when I'm playing next! I think there are a couple costumes that'll fit the existing areas quite well. Let me know if you want to claim the first of these sweat-crusted mascot suits!

Akratic Method posted:

That's kinda true of real thrill rides, though. You've got the ones on tracks, and you can make interesting tracks, but the rest basically just spin, maybe spin again in an epicycle, and possibly swing.

Yeah, flat thrill rides don't have a ton of variety. Flat gentle rides have a few interesting ones, by comparison. I do miss the 'crooked house' from past park management games though.

Boksi posted:

I feel like that roller coaster could use some more or bigger torches. Maybe even flames in the eyes, or is that too cheesy? And I guess more fire might be a safety hazard.

Also, how about the name Ill-Starred Islands for the island region? Though I guess that kind of conveys an impression of inevitable failure and financial ruin more so than zombie apocalypse.

There are two aspects of the game that I still need to familiarize myself: night time lighting, and effect triggers.

Lighting will be straight forward, I just need to take the time to do it. I'll probably do a pass here in the near future and see what our park looks like in the evening. Giant torches can be included here, and placed safely away from our giant wooden structure.

Effect triggers are more complicated. These are events that can fire off based on different logic and triggers. Pyrotechnics, water splashes, smoke, etc - can all be incorporated into rides. I haven't learned these mechanics yet, but when I do, I'll add them to some existing rides!

I do like the name suggestion for the eldritch horror island; always lots of cosmic and star related imagery with those!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Is that the Ruins of Atlantis?

While not precisely Atlantis, it's definitely the feel I'm going for! Toppled columns and similar sites of antiquity are evocative of a fallen civilization - ancient Greece and Rome, or concept art of Atlantis. So I figured that would fit well in our intro area before we get into other versions of the apocalypse.

In this case, it's just general ruins dedicated to the Four Horsemen. The book of Revelations might've been written in Greece too, so that association also works.

Edit: another reason I went with this style is because it's easy to build with game assets. There are lots of pillars to use. Also, the columns in the coaster track are just made from about a dozen cubes, rotated and arranged into the right shape.

DarkLich fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 16, 2023

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Park Upkeep and Crater Transition

Now that we've got a nice array of attractions, let's take a deeper look at guest opinions. They like the scenery, so the decoration efforts are paying off! However, they're also remarking about the great prices they're seeing. In our quest for ever-greater profits, we don't ever want to see a guest celebrate a great value. No, we want them to be completely silent about prices. Not so expensive that they grumble, but not so cheap that they're singing its praises.

Queen of the Dead is mentioned first, so let's go adjust her prices.

This ride's excitement value is through the roof, but I was only charging 4 dollars for this. This isn't just a ride, it's an experience, and the price should reflect that. I increase to 10$ - let's check in later to see if anyone complains.

Several other rides and shops see similar adjustments. These price increases should earn me a lot more monthly revenue.

I can now afford entertainers! Out of my five available options, one is very fitting for an evil swamp full of effigies.

We don't want this scarecrow mascot to wander outside of the swamps though. It's about time for me to setup zones.

Employees can be assigned to different zones. This not only helps with matching themes, as mentioned above, it also lets us optimize worker routes. If we just let our janitors Boris and Sam Juan wander freely, they might both randomly stroll towards the Four Horsemen Plaza. For best results, we want at least one of them patrolling the vomit factory rides of the swamp at all times.

Districts can be named and color-coded. It's an easy set-up for now!

I noticed a lot of people rushing frantically through the swamps. Checking their stats, it seems they needed to pee. I build an extra toilet in the swamps. You can see our new scarecrow friend spooking people on the bridge nearby.

It's also time that we setup a zone transition into the crater area. I didn't plan my spaces very well, and the transition boundary is a bit tight. The greenbelt seems to work pretty well at separating the districts, while not looking out of place in either. In the future, we'll want ample space between each area, especially when we don't have water-ways to act as natural boundaries.

There's also a new look-out point built, so that people can marvel at the crater area.

We also build the first ride of the crater district - Megatsunami! These waves are created by massive impacts, such as landslides or meteorites. Matches perfect for the crater area.

The waterfalls are all animated, and the passenger section partially splashes through it. Our first set of riders are getting a bit of a rinse right now.

---

:siren: For our next projects, let's see the threads opinion! :siren:

Now that we've reached the crater, which district should we head to next?? The eldritch temple, the wastelands, or the volcano?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Gotta vote for the wasteland.

It was the first area you showed off after showing the crater, which means you probably have some strong ideas for what to put there.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh dear God did somebody poop in this trashcan?!

No wait, that's a chocolate cake. a very disgusting cake, with writing on it...

Who is Nooner?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

secret volcano lair coaster time

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I’d like to see the wasteland as well.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Wasteland

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

The Pip-Boy tells me it's time to visit the Wasteland.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Wait, you picked scarecrow?

I thought entertainers had one costume for all of them in every area, which case dinosaur seems far more appropriate.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You just set the costume as an option on each entertainer like in roller coaster tycoon. You can have whatever blend of them you want.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

FoolyCharged posted:

You just set the costume as an option on each entertainer like in roller coaster tycoon. You can have whatever blend of them you want.

Huh, there must be a setting somewhere, because it seems like setting it for one of them sets it for all of them for me.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

FoolyCharged posted:

This is accurate!

You can place any blend of the five entertainer types. Here's a screenshot with both the shark and scarecrow entertainers.

The only restriction is for color palette. If I wanted to change a shark to a greener color so that it better resembles the deep ones, that means all other sharks in the park will also be the same green color.

The shark was not protected by a union and was summarily fired after this demonstration of game mechanics.

Also, next stop is the wasteland! It's the one I was secretly hoping for, as that'll let us extend the monorail.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Monorail. Monorail. Monorail. Monorail.

BRING FORTH THE GLORIOUS MONORAIL!

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
That shark was floating which I'm pretty sure is an OSHA violation

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

DarkLich posted:

This is accurate!

You can place any blend of the five entertainer types. Here's a screenshot with both the shark and scarecrow entertainers.

The only restriction is for color palette. If I wanted to change a shark to a greener color so that it better resembles the deep ones, that means all other sharks in the park will also be the same green color.

The shark was not protected by a union and was summarily fired after this demonstration of game mechanics.

Also, next stop is the wasteland! It's the one I was secretly hoping for, as that'll let us extend the monorail.

Huh! I don't know what I did, but I'm glad to learn about this, because I absolutely wanted different kinds of mascots in parks with multiple areas. I'll have to try this again and see what's up!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The hybrid wood/steel roller coaster in the game is a bit of an odd one, it's based on the Dueling Drops model from Great Coasters International, which has never materialized beyond a scale model shown at IAAPA half a decade ago. To the best of my knowledge, that makes it the only ride in Parkitect that doesn't have or had at least one real life installation or at least a full scale prototype built.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I am in awe of your creativity in designing the different decorations. The ways you're combining them keep blowing my mind!

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Monorail to the Wastelands

I love monorails. They're great in airports, theme parks, and as public transit. If a city has a monorail, that city is enriched from it. Whenever I play Cities Skylines, I always build a monorail.

aParkalypse is a vast park, and it needs a way to move people around quickly. The choice is clear. Monorail.

The park can probably be covered by about 4 stations, each in different directions from the main entrance. The first station is naturally near the entrance. Some guests will arrive for specific attractions, so you want to help them reach their destinations more quickly.

Thanks to posters like you, we also voted in our next destination: the post-apocalyptic Wasteland. It's easy enough to curve the rail around the coastlines - should make it easier to build future attractions in those gaps, while still affording riders a nice view.

Parkitect gives players the ability to make blueprints of existing rides and/or decorations. This is great for a few reasons:
- Repeated patterns are easier to mass produce
- If you want to relocate a ride you've already decorated
- Sharing your rides online with other nerds

In the above screenshot, the blueprint tool is being used to repeat a section of highway. The new Wasteland district needs a zone transition, and I'd like to do something other than rocks. Rocks will get used plenty in other areas, so let's always embrace a chance to deviate.

The highway blueprint is stamped into a larger structure. It's not a cheap prop, costing about 700$ a segment. Roads are truly a blight on our society.

Municipal services were kind enough to build a sign to welcome people to the Wasteland. Raiders then decorated it further. Fun fact: the skeletons are suspended by candy canes.

As for the monorail station, this area will embrace more modern architecture. This structure sits at a major junction, so it needs to welcome folks into multiple subzones: the sunken city immediately to its left, and raider-infested airport beyond that, and the Junktown hiding in the canyon cliffs.

This is also time we utilize the cargo transportation system. Starting from our main supply harbor, I'm going to build a series of tubes to carry things across the park. This functions much like the world wide web.

These are useful for setting up new areas to sell food and merchandise. Now that people are travelling far away from the evil swamp, new restaurants need to be built and stocked! It would take our haulers forever to carry it by foot - and guests would be unhappy seeing this.

I'm not sure how these transport tunnels work, but they're usually underground. Out of sight, out of mind. The thread can decide whether its conveyer belts, oompa loompas, pneumatic tubes, or something else.

A depot is built on the outskirts of Junktown. This is where cargo emerges from the transportation network - so we will want to hide it away from guest view. The warning icon disappears as soon as we finish connecting the tubes.

There's a bit of experimentation with the walls of Junktown too. No doubt we'll keep discovering more and more props for the ramshackle barrier.

The month of July concludes, and the income report is looking great. Raising those prices is going to give us quite a cash flow for the expensive decorations coming up.

Speaking of which, the entrance monorail station is also completed! For now the ride is called "End of the Line", until we see some other suggestions.

I've mostly been building while paused, so funds are depleting fast. We should have enough to build the entry point into Junktown though, and keep the Wasteland visitors fed and happy.

A tunnel is excavated so that haulers can bring in supplies more covertly. The depot is now connected to the supply network, but has no nearby shops, so --

:burger: Let's figure out our Junktown attractions!! :burger:

First, I've built a "Clockwork" thrill ride. I'll incorporate this somewhere inside the wall. Junktown have a lot of verticality as it clings to the canyon wall, giving us plenty of space to insert a couple of rides. So far I'm leaning towards a Scrap Contraption or Junkthresher concept, but share your ideas too!

Next, we need our drink station. A few posters suggested an homage to Nuka-Cola, so let's do that with our own knock-off brand. Uranium Fizz? Atomic Pop? Something else?

Food comes after that. There's also the Americana vibes we can explore in this zone, so I might build an old rusty diner. It could pair well with Roadkill Burgers or Mystery Meat-Dogs.

Then we also need a merchandise shop of some kind. Balloons, Shirts, Umbrellas, and Souvenirs. The latter includes hats mostly, if memory serves. Once we have those sorted out, Junktown will be flourishing beyond the end times!

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Asehujiko posted:

The hybrid wood/steel roller coaster in the game is a bit of an odd one, it's based on the Dueling Drops model from Great Coasters International, which has never materialized beyond a scale model shown at IAAPA half a decade ago. To the best of my knowledge, that makes it the only ride in Parkitect that doesn't have or had at least one real life installation or at least a full scale prototype built.

This is amazing! I know of some steel-tracked wooden coasters, such as the Texas Giant, but it doesn't invert. There are some wooden coasters that invert, but they don't have steel segments like the one featured above. The Outlaw Run for example.

I may have to watch some of these videos for inspiration too.

DoubleNegative posted:

I am in awe of your creativity in designing the different decorations. The ways you're combining them keep blowing my mind!

Thank you kindly! I've certainly stolen a few concepts from streamers I've watched. Fortunately we have this thread to provide some fresh ideas and original concepts to try out.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
For shops and stalls, one thing I love doing in park building games is slapping down a relatively cheap balloon stand in every major area. Each one gets a different thematic color. By the end, it functions as a pretty nice indicator of who's been where. They're not really intended to bring in money, however, so the operation costs usually are subsidized by the rides.

Also, atomic dogs has a nice ring to it. Maybe also Radi-cola

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I dunno if it would fit the wasteland or one of the other zones, but I like the idea of Dr. Prepper soda :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

someone awful. posted:

I dunno if it would fit the wasteland or one of the other zones, but I like the idea of Dr. Prepper soda :v:

I like that and I also would like to suggest adding an energy drink, maybe Fissile Fuel?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How about some Rad Burgers? That's a word the hip and cool kids use these days, right.

Duelling coasters are really cool. An expansion pack for the first Roller Coaster Tycoon had this park with three massive duelling ones. I love that map, if you sold the coasters you had a ton of money to build up your own with. :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Somewhere in this park there needs to be a tower drop ride named The Fall of Man.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

DarkLich posted:

This is amazing! I know of some steel-tracked wooden coasters, such as the Texas Giant, but it doesn't invert. There are some wooden coasters that invert, but they don't have steel segments like the one featured above. The Outlaw Run for example.

I may have to watch some of these videos for inspiration too.

Thank you kindly! I've certainly stolen a few concepts from streamers I've watched. Fortunately we have this thread to provide some fresh ideas and original concepts to try out.
New Texas Giant is the odd one out here - it is only coaster that was built by Rocky Mountain Construction(or rebuilt from the original Texas Giant, in this case) that doesn't have inversions*, all others from Outlaw Run onward do.

Steel track on wooden supports is the most common form of hybrid coaster today but there's quite a few ways to do it now. A few coasters by RMC have tracks that are partially wooden but have steel elements in them such as the aforementioned Outlaw Run:

Left: Topper track(Outlaw Run), Right: IBox track(New Texas Giant)

There's also a few coasters that flip things around and have wooden tracks on steel supports such as SeaWorld San Antonio's Texas Stingray, or a combination of steel supports for the tallest structures like the lift hill and wood for the rest(Goliath, Six Flags Great America).

Switching from one type of track to another is a thing that exists but it's rare and only as the result of later modifications, typically to extend service life by replacing high-maintenance wood sections with steel. Lightning Rod at Dollywood for example has most of it's original Topper track replaced with IBox track and Great Coasters International also offers remedial steel track for some of their aging wooden coasters such as Predator at Six Flags Darien Lake.

*It has a turn that's banked to 95 degrees but neither the park nor the manufacturer consider that an inversion.

---

As for rides to put in Junktown, the existing industrial theming of the Clockwork could be extended to cover the side of the cliff face with some abandoned mining infrastructure, that the town's construction materials are salvaged from. A mine train(alternative: minecarts themed wild mouse) coaster is a common staple, or a ghost train ride for smaller scale. Or some other flat rides with supports mainly on one side could have them integrated into the cliff face such as the Turbine.

Another common theme in post-apocalyptic deserts is that they're dried up seas, one of the beached wrecks could be represented by a swinging ship.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
If we're selling hats in junktown, we need to make sure they're nice and protected from the radiation.

Tinfoil hats should work.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You could theme the clockwork as a hackneyed series of primitive elevator lifts up the cliff assembled from salvaged scrap.

Asehujiko posted:

Another common theme in post-apocalyptic deserts is that they're dried up seas, one of the beached wrecks could be represented by a swinging ship.

If we roll with this we could give it an oriental theme and have be the junktown junk

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Call the souvenir store "relics of the past" or "unknown significance, possibly religious in nature." I love the idea of people buying giant taco hats from an archaeological dig site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Yay apocalypse monorail! Aka Sic Mass Transit Gloria Mundi