Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
It's me everyone. The science officer that's really a robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
im going out for a smoke

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

As Research Masturbationist you gotta let me watch that poo poo

Wifi Toilet posted:

If this guy’s not gonna work, neither am I.

Listen guys, I really appreciate your support. But this is a small crew. If I’m calling out sick I really need you guys to pick up the extra slack. I appreciate your effort. There’s some extra freeze dried “pizza” rations for you in your quarters.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Bonzo posted:

It's me everyone. The science officer that's really a robot

Are you one of the newer models? I never did like the earlier ones, they were always a bit twitchy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Everyone has to do a shift 2 times a week in the greenhouse. It's mostly sifting out fungus. Some tomato plant tending.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

As ship's Morale Officer, I've drawn some suns in crayon on paper and posted them up on all four walls of the greenhouse in between the lighting strips.

The suns have smiley faces on them.

:sun:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

That loving aliens back outside the view port. He's smoking a loving space bong now and flipping me the bird.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

As ship's Morale Officer, I've drawn some suns in crayon on paper and posted them up on all four walls of the greenhouse in between the lighting strips.

The suns have smiley faces on them.

:sun:

Thank you. You also have a shift cleaning bathrooms 1 and 2. :)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

*turns on Dragonaut by Sleep*

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Hi, everyone. So, do you know the original myth of Callisto? She was a nymph and a hunting companion of the goddess Artemis. Or Diana, to the Romans. To, uh, "seduce" her, Zeus - Jupiter - disguised himself as Artemis, slept with her, and got her pregnant. I've got some classical art of that scene, here. Brought a few personal files along.

Anyway, then she was turned into a bear. Yeah, she's Ursa Major, and her bear child is Ursa Minor. Isn't that interesting?

Just a little fun fact. Anyway, over the next four years I'm gonna bring this up a lot. Maybe I'm just a little bit obsessed with it, haha. Nice meeting you all.

So what I'm hearing is that the moons of Jupiter are inhabited by bear women. :riker:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

redshirt posted:

Thank you. You also have a shift cleaning bathrooms 1 and 2. :)

Oh boy! Here’s my chance to rig the shower so it’ll spray everywhere! What a hilarious prank that’ll be!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So now that we're under way, welcome! As you know, everyone gets their own private room. It's not big, but it's yours.

There's the gym, and the game space. Handball season starts next Monday, sign up if you're interested.

There's the movie theater - we're on a roughly 10-20 minute light delay with Earth. We get all the new releases, all the live sports, all the archives. This Wed - Thursday is "Caddyshack" at 7 and "Animal House" at 9.

The kitchen is open till 9. Pizza night is this Saturday starting at 6!

Greenhouse 1 (hydroponics) and Greenhouse 2 (soil) will have open tea nights from 4-5PM every night this week.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i forgot to pack manly wet wipes and there's no way i'm using anything else, you're gonna have to get used to the smell

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

i forgot to pack manly wet wipes and there's no way i'm using anything else, you're gonna have to get used to the smell

It was included in your manifest. You can find your wipes in your personal storage locker.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

in that case, i need wiped

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

After bathroom duty I have a few ideas for how to rig the shower into a makeshift bidet, I could, uh, show you for a share of your pizza ration.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

After bathroom duty I have a few ideas for how to rig the shower into a makeshift bidet, I could, uh, show you for a share of your pizza ration.

Every bowel movement is measured, what are you trying to get out of?

Main hangout areas: The dining area off the kitchen; the living room with wall mounted big screens and enclosed movie theater off to the side; the greenhouse lounges; the silent library.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Alcohol is not officially allowed (wink at the hooch distillery Chef 2 is running), but marijuana is. Everyone has their own plant to tend and harvest in greenhouse 2.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im feeling pretty weird. Hope it's not SPACE MADNESS.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Im feeling pretty weird. Hope it's not SPACE MADNESS.

This is why there are 2 therapists among the crew of 30. And the whole crew has to go to the therapist at least 30 minutes per week, with occasional longer sessions.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I've been crawling into the ducts at night and loving with the wires. Just messing them all up.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

This is why there are 2 therapists among the crew of 30. And the whole crew has to go to the therapist at least 30 minutes per week, with occasional longer sessions.

But sir, I AM the ships therapist.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

redshirt posted:

Everyone has to do a shift 2 times a week in the greenhouse. It's mostly sifting out fungus. Some tomato plant tending.

Sorry I’m sick today.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Go see the other therapist.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Do you guys hear that knocking? It sounds like it's coming from outside.... Someone should suit up to go check it out.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Does anyone else dream of Earth as a horrible lamprey mouth?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Due to light delay of 5, then 10, then 20, then 24 minutes, you can't have a real time talk with anyone on Earth or Moon or in orbit. Light speed issues.

So you'll be able to keep in touch with everyone you want back home, but never able to talk to them in real time.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ḿ̸̢̢̹̝̝͕̺̤͙̏̊͛͋͋̑́́͑̇̈́̊͆A̶͔͕̤̻̯̦͎̖̥̝̱͕͊̿̿͜ͅK̷̨͚͖̖͇̺̮͓̬̒͂͜͠E̵̼͖̹͛͛̀̐̔́̈̆̾͊ ̷̥̼̺̬̹͖͈̌͛̌̆̃̅̊̉̑̍̏͠͠Ü̶̡̡̨̦̰̟͍̣̤̪̰̠̟̋́̒͜͝ͅS̴̨̤͓͓͔͎̼̠̖̦̦̙͌͗̀̀̐̍͐͊̆̔͝ ̴̝̖̰̟̤͊̉́̾̄̎͌͌͌̇̀͋̔̕͝W̵̡̧̺̪̥̯̹͒͜H̷̬̩̑͌̏̄̽̃̕O̶̜̯͙͖̺̘̳̟̻̒͂͛͆̂͂͗Ĺ̴̺̙̠̭̿̈́̈́͆́̅̓͋͆͌̌̽̔͘E̶̡͚̫̖̼̫̮͉̪͚̟̟̮͍͂͛͛̕͘

Hey you guys hear that?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Ḿ̸̢̢̹̝̝͕̺̤͙̏̊͛͋͋̑́́͑̇̈́̊͆A̶͔͕̤̻̯̦͎̖̥̝̱͕͊̿̿͜ͅK̷̨͚͖̖͇̺̮͓̬̒͂͜͠E̵̼͖̹͛͛̀̐̔́̈̆̾͊ ̷̥̼̺̬̹͖͈̌͛̌̆̃̅̊̉̑̍̏͠͠Ü̶̡̡̨̦̰̟͍̣̤̪̰̠̟̋́̒͜͝ͅS̴̨̤͓͓͔͎̼̠̖̦̦̙͌͗̀̀̐̍͐͊̆̔͝ ̴̝̖̰̟̤͊̉́̾̄̎͌͌͌̇̀͋̔̕͝W̵̡̧̺̪̥̯̹͒͜H̷̬̩̑͌̏̄̽̃̕O̶̜̯͙͖̺̘̳̟̻̒͂͛͆̂͂͗Ĺ̴̺̙̠̭̿̈́̈́͆́̅̓͋͆͌̌̽̔͘E̶̡͚̫̖̼̫̮͉̪͚̟̟̮͍͂͛͛̕͘

Hey you guys hear that?

G̸̢̡̢̡̧̡̢̗̬̱̗̹̤͎̩̬̻͖̰̗̝̜̱̻̪̙͖͖̤̟̖̞̳͖͍̖̗͚̜̜͙̲͔̯̹͙̱̜̖̑̀̃̈́͑̈̈́̂̈̈́̉͌̉͆́̈́̐̎͌̓̿̾́̈́̒̚͘̕̚͜͜͠͝Ļ̵̢̡̭̳̗̙͈͙̞̘̪̣̳͔̬̟̥̗̫̘̖̦̦͋̃͑̓̂͐̈́̔͂̏̈́̃̿͌̄̔́̾̽͐̉̈́̃͂̈́̓͊́̓͐͆͆̈́̓̿̉́̽̔̏̇̈͆̔̆̀̇͑̿͋̏͐̾̉̂͌̽̄̇̎̿̃͗̚͘͘̕͝͠ͅĄ̴̨̡̢̛̛̬͎̫͎͕̦͕̯̙̦̗̭̮̺̝̫͕̤̗͉͎͈̘͔͇̪̩͈̻͇̞̭͔̯̮̤̱̥͉͕̱͔̠̳͉͔̥̞̘̩̯̞̞͖̹̣́̋̆̉̊̎͋͆͒̓͂́̎̇̀́͗̈́̎̀͗̊̐̓̌̌̚̕͝͠ͅZ̷̛̘͎̜̹͚̝̼͎̦̦̒͒̅̃̅̅̈́̅͊͗̉̽͂́͛̂̇̓̓̊͂̾̃̅̉̐̈́̇̐́͋͐̉́̓̉̇̀̐̇͋́̀̊̓̚̚͝͠Ę̴̢̧͇̥̭̗̞̯̣̣̠̘̦͈͇̟̹͈̙̙͓͖̹̣͎̝͇͉̱̙͚̖̄͑̀̒̎̆̑͋̎́̈́̂̌̈̀̀̒͛͜͜ ̵̨̡̡̛̰͇̮͔̫͙̹͕̯͈̰̯̼̳̗̝̯̱̬͈͎̘̱͉͇͚̘̩̠̗̣͇̠̰͎̹͈̰̯̓̈͌͆̔͆͒̎̓̓̈́͑͛̾̽̿̒̔̐̂̊͒͐̌̄̊̓̅́͒̔̅̈́̕̕͝͝͝ͅͅM̵̧̨̢̢̙̩̼̟̪̰̠̭̫̮͔̮̯̗̦̭̟̫̮̣̰̗̄̊̇̈͂̈́̐́͛̌̔̉͋̽͂̉͂̓̅̄̏͑̏̈́̌̒͆̀̄͊͗͌͊͑̑̈̂̈́͆̍͐̌̌̈́͗̉̌͛̃͘̕̕̚͝͝Ÿ̶̨̡̧̨̛̬͙͈̰̞͔̗̜̳̤͓̞̤͚̭̰̫̜͇̩̼͓͕̘̙͖̮̞̼̬͈̟̩̮̘̫͓̰̺̗͔̥̗̪̤̻̝̥̱̻̦̰̫͍̣̮͎͙̪̖̻̞̼͙͓͕̣̭̮͙̼̯̺̗́͊̽̔̒͒̎̿̅̊̆͋͌̓͐̈́͂̀̈́̕ͅ ̶̢̡̢̨̡̨̡̧̧̧̨̢̛̛̭̫͎̼͚̠̙̙̻̳̰̮̙̥͍̪̱̟̪͉̠͖̲̠̙̜̪̫̻̹͉͚̤̭̭͚̙̱̩̳͙̮̩̦͎̪̱͕͎͚̠̙̙̻͉̘̱̝͉͇̻̫̪̯̙̹͓̾̇̔̓͑́̌̊̊͑̌͑̈́͗͊́̾́͛̒̿̉̉̀̒̌̐͂̐́̇̐̈́̌̀͗͒̎̄͛̇͂͂̑͆̋̓̕̕̚͜͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅH̴̱͚̦̙͇͔̫̠͉͚̯̹̤͖͓͚̘̻̫̖̹̬̪̑͂̌̎̐̉̀͆̀͒̈̀̌͑̀̽̀̽̌͐̂͋̊͐̃̉̈́̅̂͑͋͛̓̍̏̽̌̈́̀̓̾̊͊͌́̄̑̈́͘͜͠͠͠͠O̴̧̢͓̤̩̪̖͎̝̼̥͖̝̪͓̦̫̟̫̪̩̩̲̟̣̖̠͇͔̱̦͈̗̜̱̫̲̲̰͙̥̪͖̎̍̉̔́͘͜ͅͅͅL̷̡̨̨͖̦̜͖̫̘̣̼̠̼̝̜̘̜͚̻̻͎̮̘̼̪̺̩͍̟͚͖̮̮̩̟̣̱͓̗̟̪͚͖̖̠̔̒̈͑̎̅̈̋̿̈́̈̄̎̊̅̾̽̀́͆̂̑̐̀̿̿̀͑̋́̒͒̿̅͆͂͂͒̔̎̔̈́͐̏̔͐͐̔͆̀̉̒̊͊͘͜͝͝͝͝E̶̢̨̧̨̛̬̟̰̤̤͎͎̹͔̯̗͓͍̘̰̝̱̳̦̹̻̰͉̯͎͍̞̖͔̻̥̘̖̬̟̅͌̀̅̑̿̾̚͜͜͝

What's it saying?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Poohs Packin posted:

G̸̢̡̢̡̧̡̢̗̬̱̗̹̤͎̩̬̻͖̰̗̝̜̱̻̪̙͖͖̤̟̖̞̳͖͍̖̗͚̜̜͙̲͔̯̹͙̱̜̖̑̀̃̈́͑̈̈́̂̈̈́̉͌̉͆́̈́̐̎͌̓̿̾́̈́̒̚͘̕̚͜͜͠͝Ļ̵̢̡̭̳̗̙͈͙̞̘̪̣̳͔̬̟̥̗̫̘̖̦̦͋̃͑̓̂͐̈́̔͂̏̈́̃̿͌̄̔́̾̽͐̉̈́̃͂̈́̓͊́̓͐͆͆̈́̓̿̉́̽̔̏̇̈͆̔̆̀̇͑̿͋̏͐̾̉̂͌̽̄̇̎̿̃͗̚͘͘̕͝͠ͅĄ̴̨̡̢̛̛̬͎̫͎͕̦͕̯̙̦̗̭̮̺̝̫͕̤̗͉͎͈̘͔͇̪̩͈̻͇̞̭͔̯̮̤̱̥͉͕̱͔̠̳͉͔̥̞̘̩̯̞̞͖̹̣́̋̆̉̊̎͋͆͒̓͂́̎̇̀́͗̈́̎̀͗̊̐̓̌̌̚̕͝͠ͅZ̷̛̘͎̜̹͚̝̼͎̦̦̒͒̅̃̅̅̈́̅͊͗̉̽͂́͛̂̇̓̓̊͂̾̃̅̉̐̈́̇̐́͋͐̉́̓̉̇̀̐̇͋́̀̊̓̚̚͝͠Ę̴̢̧͇̥̭̗̞̯̣̣̠̘̦͈͇̟̹͈̙̙͓͖̹̣͎̝͇͉̱̙͚̖̄͑̀̒̎̆̑͋̎́̈́̂̌̈̀̀̒͛͜͜ ̵̨̡̡̛̰͇̮͔̫͙̹͕̯͈̰̯̼̳̗̝̯̱̬͈͎̘̱͉͇͚̘̩̠̗̣͇̠̰͎̹͈̰̯̓̈͌͆̔͆͒̎̓̓̈́͑͛̾̽̿̒̔̐̂̊͒͐̌̄̊̓̅́͒̔̅̈́̕̕͝͝͝ͅͅM̵̧̨̢̢̙̩̼̟̪̰̠̭̫̮͔̮̯̗̦̭̟̫̮̣̰̗̄̊̇̈͂̈́̐́͛̌̔̉͋̽͂̉͂̓̅̄̏͑̏̈́̌̒͆̀̄͊͗͌͊͑̑̈̂̈́͆̍͐̌̌̈́͗̉̌͛̃͘̕̕̚͝͝Ÿ̶̨̡̧̨̛̬͙͈̰̞͔̗̜̳̤͓̞̤͚̭̰̫̜͇̩̼͓͕̘̙͖̮̞̼̬͈̟̩̮̘̫͓̰̺̗͔̥̗̪̤̻̝̥̱̻̦̰̫͍̣̮͎͙̪̖̻̞̼͙͓͕̣̭̮͙̼̯̺̗́͊̽̔̒͒̎̿̅̊̆͋͌̓͐̈́͂̀̈́̕ͅ ̶̢̡̢̨̡̨̡̧̧̧̨̢̛̛̭̫͎̼͚̠̙̙̻̳̰̮̙̥͍̪̱̟̪͉̠͖̲̠̙̜̪̫̻̹͉͚̤̭̭͚̙̱̩̳͙̮̩̦͎̪̱͕͎͚̠̙̙̻͉̘̱̝͉͇̻̫̪̯̙̹͓̾̇̔̓͑́̌̊̊͑̌͑̈́͗͊́̾́͛̒̿̉̉̀̒̌̐͂̐́̇̐̈́̌̀͗͒̎̄͛̇͂͂̑͆̋̓̕̕̚͜͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅH̴̱͚̦̙͇͔̫̠͉͚̯̹̤͖͓͚̘̻̫̖̹̬̪̑͂̌̎̐̉̀͆̀͒̈̀̌͑̀̽̀̽̌͐̂͋̊͐̃̉̈́̅̂͑͋͛̓̍̏̽̌̈́̀̓̾̊͊͌́̄̑̈́͘͜͠͠͠͠O̴̧̢͓̤̩̪̖͎̝̼̥͖̝̪͓̦̫̟̫̪̩̩̲̟̣̖̠͇͔̱̦͈̗̜̱̫̲̲̰͙̥̪͖̎̍̉̔́͘͜ͅͅͅL̷̡̨̨͖̦̜͖̫̘̣̼̠̼̝̜̘̜͚̻̻͎̮̘̼̪̺̩͍̟͚͖̮̮̩̟̣̱͓̗̟̪͚͖̖̠̔̒̈͑̎̅̈̋̿̈́̈̄̎̊̅̾̽̀́͆̂̑̐̀̿̿̀͑̋́̒͒̿̅͆͂͂͒̔̎̔̈́͐̏̔͐͐̔͆̀̉̒̊͊͘͜͝͝͝͝E̶̢̨̧̨̛̬̟̰̤̤͎͎̹͔̯̗͓͍̘̰̝̱̳̦̹̻̰͉̯͎͍̞̖͔̻̥̘̖̬̟̅͌̀̅̑̿̾̚͜͜͝

What's it saying?

Blaze a bowl. God I hope the air purifiers hold up....

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Poohs Packin posted:

Don’t worry! I’m Pagliacci!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Poohs Packin posted:

What's it saying?

I dunno but I’m gonna go check it out alone with the lights off

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Poohs Packin posted:

What's it saying?

Gape my hole?!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i vote that we take the shortcut wormhole even though it goes through Hell, whats the worst that could happen?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The full loop is 1 mile wide. There are scheduled run times of 8AM and 4PM, anyone in the hallway watch out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Alcohol is not officially allowed (wink at the hooch distillery Chef 2 is running), but marijuana is. Everyone has their own plant to tend and harvest in greenhouse 2.

I’m gonna come back to this because I’m wondering if having marijuana available on a ship with limited food availability is a good idea.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also I ate all the pizza.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

let’s have a fun contest to raise morale on the ship

how about friday night we see who onboard sports the widest gape

gape night, be there

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m gonna come back to this because I’m wondering if having marijuana available on a ship with limited food availability is a good idea.

Everyone has a Credit system which can be used to get snacks. But yes, ultimately there are limits on how much you can eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:
Can I dramatically roll under an emergency door when the warp core starts inexplicably leaking plasma?