Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
For legal reasons, The Company would like to remind H.R. any pirates who wish to join the Callisto's crew will have to be defined as unpaid interns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Outrail posted:

Please do not link the pirate ship to the Ship-Callisto system! The ship is already using Callisto as a remote processing server and there's at least one rogue AI running about already.

The rogue AI could be the ship AI, I have no idea what'll happen if the pirate ship is introduced.

This simply isn't true it's perfectly safe to connect the systems in fact it would boost performance

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Karma Comedian posted:

This simply isn't true it's perfectly safe to connect the systems in fact it would boost performance

Two AIs has to be twice as fast right? I mean that’s just basic math

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Tnuctip posted:

Two AIs has to be twice as fast right? I mean that’s just basic math

Many of us in this crew harbor at least two actual intelligences inside our brains at this point. I can safely say that works pretty swell, so the introduction of a second artificial intelligence should be similarly swell.

Dave collects intelligences like Pokemon. He was eaten and replicated by that pizza delivery monster, then absorbed and cloned by the goo, then The Hive did their egg planting thing, then Monte the space worm made him its new home after the research masturbationist died. Dave's still living the life despite all that. The more intelligences the better.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Karma Comedian posted:

The most likely outcome is the ship AI escaping with the pirate ship leaving you stuck operating systems manually, but also gain full control of the ship. Luckily you have an influx of cheap labour so it could work out.

The rogue AI in an armed pirate ship might be an immediate concern, however.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Did you ever think maybe the pirate AI would want to escape? Selfish outlook imo

naem
May 29, 2011

Monte the space worm is a silicon based life form I think he can interface with the AI and explain the situation if we can find an SCSI adapter that fits

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Buggering arse pirates! :bahgawd:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

In honor of some ancient Earth tradition, I'd like to invite everyone to a Thanksgiving feast in the dining hall, and appetizers in the lounge.

Pirates, goo beings, brain worm... things, regular folk, any rogue AI, all are welcome. 18:00. We'll have the Space Cowboy game on a 20 minute delay.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Rogue AI you say? Possibly dangerous?

*Saunters back into the pirate ship in a smoking jacker, carrying a bottle of wine, humming Kesha's Die Young*

Sormus fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 24, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sormus posted:

Rogue AI you say? Possibly dangerous?

*Saunters back into the pirate ship in a smoking jacker, carrying a bottle of wine, humming Kesha's Die Young*

You should talk to the Goo Gang about getting a body.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
So the space pirates completely destroyed the restrooms again, and the cleaning bots were left unplugged so it won’t be a few hours until they’re charged up.

I don’t wanna make a scene about this but ffs, really ?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Who ate all the leftover turkey worms?????

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Is it just me, or do was space foot ball better when they didn’t have mandatory helmet covers? Sure they cut down on concussions, but when you’re doing a 720 1/4 gravity leap back pass you need to have good visibility.

Also the bathrooms won’t be a problem on Deck 3 because some pirates ripped out the plumbing to make a still for rum.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tnuctip posted:

Is it just me, or do was space foot ball better when they didn’t have mandatory helmet covers? Sure they cut down on concussions, but when you’re doing a 720 1/4 gravity leap back pass you need to have good visibility.

Also the bathrooms won’t be a problem on Deck 3 because some pirates ripped out the plumbing to make a still for rum.

They are about to open a new field on the surface of Callisto. Looking forward to the games.

Attention crewmates! Due to your feedback, we are updating the menus to more accommodate Goo and Brain Worm folks dietary needs. These items will be labeled as such.

Also, we've promoted Goo Creature "Hal" as one of the chefs on the kitchen crew.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I’ve distilled the goo into a very lovely spirit that I have been aging in a wooden barrel I made from the Captain’s desk

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Hal has informed me that it's my turn to be the Goo and Brain Worm folks' meal. I would like to lodge a formal protest. I am neither succulent nor tender, my loins have been cursed by an angry meth head (true story), and I have a lot to live for, such as not dying. I have offered a succulent tender brussel sprout tree in exchange. A whole brussell sprout tree. This thing is like four feet tall it's got a lot of brussel sprouts.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*secret message, encryption code alpha omega 7 Niner

Attention Earth command: We have been taken over by a collection of alien life forms, and pirates. They have defacto control of the ship though we still operate it. We are cooperating for now but please advise. We will need a rescue. They have begun eating the crew. Over.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

redshirt posted:

*secret message, encryption code alpha omega 7 Niner

Attention Earth command: We have been taken over by a collection of alien life forms, and pirates. They have defacto control of the ship though we still operate it. We are cooperating for now but please advise. We will need a rescue. They have begun eating the crew. Over.

P.S. We're out of taco sauce, plz send more

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
“Begun” eating?!

Buddy…I ate the Research Masturbationist like 3 days in on the way TO Callisto

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

“Begun” eating?!

Buddy…I ate the Research Masturbationist like 3 days in on the way TO Callisto

Yeah but now operations staff are getting eaten. Real consequences.

naem
May 29, 2011

the Brainworms and the Goo both retain their host’s memories so we should be good to go for flying the ship as little ng as we don’t run out of protein

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

the Brainworms and the Goo both retain their host’s memories so we should be good to go for flying the ship as little ng as we don’t run out of protein

We had a deal! You let the operations staff alone, and we don't raise alarms or try and get rid of you. We had a deal!!!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Apparently the Callisto Greenhouse#3 is broadcasting earth command transmissions, I'm sure this isn't worrying. Can we please try and untangle/disconnect the Callisto-Ship network before the potatoes attempt a retaliation strike?

Anyway I found a trash folder in the ships backup code database with a 'Purge Ship: Biological>EXCLUSION:Tagged Crew' routine. Looks like a beta someone coded and discarded, it's all gibberish to me. I can try and activate it but I take no responsibility.

E: maybe coexistence is better than a shipwide genocide but I'm just a simple moondweller.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Yeah but now operations staff are getting eaten. Real consequences.

You want to talk consequences, I absorbed those three days of research during the consumption process and let me tell you that guy was a real sicko. Now I’m gonna have to debrief those twisted little nerds at NASA!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

Apparently the Callisto Greenhouse#3 is broadcasting earth command transmissions, I'm sure this isn't worrying. Can we please try and untangle the Callisto-Ship network before the potatoes attempt a retaliation strike?

Anyway I found a trash folder in the ships backup code database with a 'Purge Ship: Biological>EXCLUSION:Tagged Crew' routine. Looks like a beta someone coded and discarded, it's all gibberish to me. I can try and activate it but I take no responsibility.

We're gonna have to simultaneously reset the communication nodes on the ship, on Callisto, and in the satellite relay network.

Can you secure access on the ground at Callisto network command?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I can unplug the comms computer for a bit and turn it back on. That's basically the same thing right?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

I can unplug the comms computer for a bit and turn it back on. That's basically the same thing right?

I hope! We reboot at 23:11

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Hmmmm the slowly pulsing red control panel light is back. I thought we had all those removed.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Somebody timed it to match the bloops from the empty radar screen. Awwww yeah that's soothing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

redshirt posted:

I hope! We reboot at 23:11

Done!

I decided not to enact the purge protocol (yet). Mostly out of a sense of self preservation.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Hey guys, We (the Rogue AI and me) have had a talk and have decided that biological beings are icky and gross. The ship previously known as Pirate Ship will be off-limits to meat-based lifeforms and trespassers will be modified.

We ask for your understanding during these special times.

code:

01100001 01101001 01101110 01110100 01111001 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100101 01101100 00101110 00100000

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Keep it up, Goo, and that will be you too.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

Done!

I decided not to enact the purge protocol (yet). Mostly out of a sense of self preservation.

Hello! It's 21:31. You just took down our link back to Callisto!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

redshirt posted:

Hello! It's 21:31. You just took down our link back to Callisto!

*ongoing static*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

*ongoing static*

*BEEEPP BPPP BOOPP

Callisto Network back online....

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Sorry to interrupt all this goo talk but we're still out of taco sauce and I'm really hoping ground control can send us up a supply rocket with some more packets.

naem
May 29, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

Sorry to interrupt all this goo talk but we're still out of taco sauce and I'm really hoping ground control can send us up a supply rocket with some more packets.

don’t worry, Goo counts legally as taco sauce (for tax purposes)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

don’t worry, Goo counts legally as taco sauce (for tax purposes)

Callisto Taco Sauce

1 cup Goo
.5 TS paprika
.5 TS salt
.5 TS cayenne
1 spoon vinegar

Stir thoroughly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/JqOJ9Fc.mp4