Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i forgot to pack manly wet wipes and there's no way i'm using anything else, you're gonna have to get used to the smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

in that case, i need wiped

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

let’s have a fun contest to raise morale on the ship

how about friday night we see who onboard sports the widest gape

gape night, be there

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’ve lost sight of the astronomicon, does anyone know how to navigate in non-euclidean space?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i thought we had 2 counselors, also who is the union rep?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've used up all my man wipes, can we stop somewhere to restock?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think we need some DPS and also a skinner

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

starting to get real annoyed by that crewman who never talks about anything but tugging

you said this thing is gonna go 8 years? unrelated, i hear these airlocks are prone to mishap

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

don’t look at me, i don’t know how she died, i was just doing my tasks over here

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

who keeps letting their dog poop on the promenade, pick that poo poo up, cmon

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i could easily lift 262 kg in space, but not 600 lbs

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what? that's 14 years, i have an appointment in 9 years i can't miss

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i read your post as 6 plus 2 plus 6, i think i'm experiencing space madness

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 14, 2023

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That’s worrying. You should go have a rest in Medical. You know where it is right? Down the hall, take a right, get Keycard A from Pratchett (he travels back and forth between Engineering and Mechanical from 8am to 5pm with an hour in Dining at 12 noon). After you get Keycard A, use it to access Level 2 Recreation and set the score on the foosball table to 0-3 blue which will dispense a ball with the combination to the safe in Lieutenant Miller’s office. Miller doesn’t like people touching his stuff so you’ll have to wait until he leaves to use the bathroom. He’s former Marine so you’ll only have 34 seconds to open the safe, grab Keycard B, and exit the office without being seen. Use Keycard B to ride the service elevator to Sub-Level 3 and take a left, watching out for the Screecher (he’s blind so as long as you crouch you should be fine; if he hears you, well, let’s just say it’s a good thing you’re getting closer to Medical). Anyway follow the hallway down to Pre-Medical where you’ll need to use the Space Fabricator to make Keycard C. The Filament Roll for the Fabricator can be found back on Level 2 Supply but the door’s locked so you’ll need to get in through the service ducts; you can find a screwdriver back in Mechanical. Once you have the Filament Roll head back to the Fabricator and produce Keycard C. With Keycard C in hand, return to Mechanical and use it to open the Broom Closet and retrieve the Broom. Use the Broom to tidy up this knee-high pile of debris which is currently preventing us from accessing Medical, which as you can see, is directly behind me.

i can't find the ion torch anywhere

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

For reference, the ship will look something like this:

With 1G gravity or close to it in the spinning rings, and most systems/storage in the inner core.

how am i supposed to climb out of the spinning ring into the non-spinning storage area when i run out of beans?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we need to spin the hab ring faster

goku trained at 100 times earth gravity on his journey to planet namek. this intense training gave him the edge he needed against the ginyu force, and allowed him to unleash kaio-ken times 20

we may not have enough senzu beans to go straight to 100x gravity, but can we start accelerating up to a modest 20x and see how our training goes?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

oh yeah i had it open to dry the carpet in the bathroom faster, tub overflowed

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

weird, that’s the fourth crewman with a tiny worm sticking out the back of his head at the base of the skull i’ve seen go by today

oh well, probably not a big deal, not gonna let it ruin my day off

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

anyone else notice we seem to have entered a dimension of pure chaos a few hours back?

my eyes keep bleeding and i swear all of these decapitated hellspawn looking things splattered about the lounge weren’t here at the start of my shift.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my spacesuit is way too big, i feel like you could fit two people in here

anyone want to partner up? i'll take front.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this is embarrassing but i need to clear the air. remember before we left we had those psych evals, and the pool of applicants was narrowed down to only the highest scoring?

well, turns out i had the sort order flipped in the SQL for that, and we ended up selecting crew from applicants who scored the lowest in the psych test

but not to worry, i've written a Jira so we can get that filter fixed for next mission

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hmm, news broadcast is saying the new congress canceled our mission and redirected funding to the loving mars colony. again.

looks like we have permission to continue on to callisto, but they're telling us not to bother coming back because there won't be any mission control to talk to us by the end of the fiscal year.

ah well, i'd still vote for 'em again. i'm VERY serious about gas stove back home.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

USS Barbenheimer