Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

The Grumbles posted:

Why is it that the partners of people who are way too into sound and headphones and whatever are always the total opposite. Like if one person is conscientious about good headphones, then its a certainty their partner is going to be rocking a gunked up pair of 2009 earpods where you need to be grasping the cable at right angles to the connector to reliably get sound out of maybe the left earbud. For the record my own partner is currently using a single wireless knockoff beats earbud (they lost the left-side bud a while ago).

Opposites attract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Try the Qudelix 5K. It's really well regarded for what it is.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/qudelix-5k-bluetooth-dac-headphone-amp.17386/

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The Q5K has access to the aptX low latency codec, which should drop latency to the 40 ish ms range.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What are you using for bluetooth out on your PC's?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zorilla posted:

My desktop uses an Intel 3168 and my HTPC has an Intel 8260 adapter. When I tried to look up codec information on Google, the #1 result was Intel just going:

Everything else is just the usual assortment of support bots and "me too" replies on various forums any time someone had a question similar to mine.

Edit: This suggests anything beyond standard aptX is not supported in Windows 10.

My guess is that the logitech BT transmitters may be causing some of the issues here. The newest in bluetooth I/O hotness is the Qualcomm QCC3056 chip, but there's not many products out using it yet. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004229541783.html or https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004650524024.html seem like decent options. There's also other, slightly older transmitters on amazon that use a different chip that also say they do all the codecs (except LDAC because Sony). Probably worth the shot with those Ali ones though

e: yeah, anything that will be compatible with aptx LL or HD or adaptive will need to be done by the device itself, and will show up as a USB audio IO device instead of being handled by the internal Windows bluetooth audio drivers

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

KingKapalone posted:

My friend has those. Another friend was gaming on his PC and he said the owner is going to go deaf from how loud he has the volume. How quiet is pretty quiet? On my laptop I have the volume set to 12% listening to music on my HD599s right now. On my desktop I have it set to maybe 25 so the devices are certainly different because 25 on the laptop would be very loud.

Every PC and laptop has a varying degree of power output from the headphone jack, and especially with those being 300 ohm headphones they're going to need more juice than an easier to drive pair of headphones. Some Motherboards come with fairly powerful amp stages, others don't.