Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Instant Grat posted:

New job is letting me pick a headset up to approx. $250 for work. Needs a good-enough microphone for meetings. Are there any good recommendations for over-ear headsets with built-in mics that also do music good? Wired, preferably, I cannot stand bluetooth latency. And something that doesn't leak a bunch of sound and annoy the poo poo out of my coworkers.

I don't really know much about high-quality cans except that I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M40x that I bought as a replacement when the hinges on my previous ATH-M40x broke.

If you don't want to do headphones + mic, I once again recommend the Sennheiser Pc38x, good microphone, sound pretty great. Only thing is, they leave a lot of excess budget so not sure if you could find a way to spend the rest of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Aiite I’m finally biting the bullet and getting new headphones for around the house.

Budget - $150ish

Source - mostly my iphone, maybe occasionally my computer.

Use case - chores around the house. I feel bad listening to my phone straight while cooking breakfast on the weekends when no one else is awake. Maybe sometimes while working out, walking the dog, doing other random poo poo.

Preferred features - in-ear is a no-go, I’ve tried a lot of them and never found any comfortable. Haven’t tried the new type of AirPods or beats, but i am doubtful they’d be different (the wife insists I try because airpods work for her so why would they hurt my ears?). I want to be able to hear the world around me, too. Used to have some Bose Open-Ear Sports and loved them, though after a long time wearing them it’d be a bit sore. Anyway they broke and after digging in a bit short of just calling Bose it doesn’t look like they fix them. I’m down to try some new bone conduction ones but have no point of reference for them.

If I'm not missing any criteria, the HD58x sre in that price range, open back, and sound grat. They are wired and contain no bells and whistles though.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

owl_pellet posted:

I'm looking for a pair of headphones for work (meetings and listening to music while working) and light gaming. I would like them to be over the ear, wired, comfortable to wear for long periods, and with a microphone. My budget is $100-150.

Thanks!

If you don't mind/prefer open backed headphones, I once again, recommend the Sennheiser Pc38x.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Could anyone point me towards a replacement 6' cable for the Hd58X that is not through Amazon? I seem to remember ordering straight from them but I'm having trouble finding it again.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Going from the Hd58x to the Pc38x and then back was really noticable, Hd58x sounds a lot better.