Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Starbucks posted:

Above said more than I could and pretty much expressed it more eloquently than I did. I am looking forward to the new Marvelttel Cinematic Universe.

Yeah can't wait for the Barney movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

dodgeblan posted:

I saw the movie, thought it was really funny and kinda heartwarming

as a man who is terminally online the mom's feminism speech landed with a thud

I wonder if you weren't someone who has encountered the same speech a thousand times verbatim would it be effective? Does that person exist?

I think those people do exist

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ok saw this movie last night and yup this was basically the matrix lol

They even had the oracle in this movie!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm baffled by the reading that Gloria's husband is a loser. All we know about him is that he's trying to learn Spanish to bond with his wife and kid, but he's really bad at it (witness his being pleased to defeat Duolingo). It seemed sweet to me: do something you're bad at, but keep trying because it's important.

She definitely married a gringo thats for sure

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I do appreciate that this film is getting seriously analyzed, but it's a film that will very much put a joke being funny ahead of thematic cohesion.

It ends with a vagina joke not as a statement on the relationship between womanhood and vagina-having, but because it's funny as hell.

yeah these scenes reminded me of movies from the early 2000s. I kept thinking about Josie and the Pussycats when watching this tbh. I need to watch that movie again honestly, its so good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

Gonna call bullshit on this, 2001 parodies are always funny.

not for kids. they don't know what the gently caress 2001 is lol