Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hollismason posted:

Is Cock Ring Ken featured at all?

Yes, in a group of discontinued dolls. He also has one line; "I have a special earring!". He appears again during the credits when they show off select Barbie & Ken dolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Combed Thunderclap posted:

To which I think all I personally can say is: based on the movie, I’m pretty sure the people who would go see the Barbie movie and make that interpretation were never going to be persuadable that feminism or gender equality are good anyway.

It certainly seems that way.
https://twitter.com/TechnicallyRon/status/1683058689224179712

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

No that was “sí se puede” or “yes we can” which is a slogan I believe from the UFW strikes of the 70s

Yeah, UFW started using it during César Chávez era.
I still see/hear it regularly here in south Texas.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

If more Allen is true, then I appreciate that. He was a great addition.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I read -- I hope not here -- that Kate McKinnon can't do Barbie-style splits , so the set designer worked around that by putting leg holes in the sets at carefully out-of-sightline locations and propping a prosthetic leg in the right position. I love that sort of movie detail.

It certainly looked like fake legs, when it wasn't a stunt double who was looking away from the camera.