Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Almost everyone at my screening tonight was dressed in pink, which was fun. I don’t have many clothes in that color, so a pink Reservoir Dogs tshirt felt the obvious go to.

It’s just a small indie theater and I liked that there was enough demand they added a last minute second screen so everyone could see it. Also like the memes predicted, during the quiet bits with sincere speeches I could clearly hear the bombs boom over from the Oppenheimer screening. Perfection.

Overall the movie is controlled chaos from the word go. It covers all bases with such confidence you stop worrying that it’s going to crash and burn and just ride it. It’s every bit as loving weird as hell as I was hoping, and made me genuinely laugh more than anything I’ve seen in forever.

Gosling is absolutely fantastic and from what I remember of the trailers they’ve left most of his stuff a surprise. He’s so good you forget how perfect Margot is at times.

Really glad that after a final sequence in a white void where the concept of humanity is mulled over the film decides to end on a silly gag.

Kinda feel sorry for kids who would just want to go see a straight forward Barbie movie, though. It is PG-13 though so that’s on the parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Atma_Weapon posted:

There was one joke I missed with Michael Cera's character: I thought he said something about an Allen making it out before, but ??? happened. What was it?

The bit where he mentioned that all members of NSync were Allans?